Looking for a villa near beach, restaurants, Alicante or Murcia?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2013 2:34 PM by sparklymum Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi, my son is a wheelchair user with physical and learning disabilities.

I love Lanzarote but flights for the summer are skyhigh. I'm looking for an area of spain where the facilities for disabled are as excellent as Lanzarote and the people are as welcoming to those with disabilities. We used to go to Ibiza but were put off by the lack of facilities there and don't want to get caught out again. I have looked at Alicante and Murcia areas, any advice very appreciated, thanks

Like 0      
17 Mar 2013 3:29 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

The Murcia coastline has LONG stretches of lovely flat beaches and I have seen a wheelchair facility on the beach in Los Alcazares. There must be many more -just about finding them. The San Javier airport is about 1 km from where houses begin.We certainly see many wheelchairs etc around the area. 

If you have flights near where you live into San Javier it would be worth trying this beautiful area.

Daveil

Like 0      
17 Mar 2013 7:29 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

This website has Rental Property ( search the pull down menu above) and  view the areas. Try Murcia, Puerto Mazarron, which is a nice town with a brand new wide pedestrain walkway and a new marina along the 2 mile sea front .  One of the criteria in "property description above".. isas follows :-. Is property " Suitable for dissabled access".   ..............Yes or No.  So you might find what your looking for on EOS rentals above . Also San Javier Airport is very small and very well organised for wheelchairs etc etc. and not too far to walk from tarmac to terminal car parks.

I think this is just the area and the Airport for you.

Hope this helps

This message was last edited by aliton on 17/03/2013.

This message was last edited by aliton on 17/03/2013.

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2013 7:34 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
This link shows accessible beaches and accessible hotels .....

http://www.accessatlast.com/disabled-holiday/accommodation/SPAIN/

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
17 Mar 2013 7:36 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
This B&B in Murcia seems to fit .....

http://www.accessatlast.com/disabled-holiday/accommodation-info/739/

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
18 Mar 2013 4:21 PM by sparklymum Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you for replying, I'll have a look at Murcia I think. Vicki x

Like 0      
18 Mar 2013 5:22 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Depending on where you live ( UK wise) to Murcia Airport  I would try Jet2 flights we find them very good value.

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2013 6:01 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

The Las Golondrinas B&B that Tamara's link leads to is very near where i live. It is an unspoilt country area about  20 mins drive to the beach at Puerto de Mazarron but there are no bars, restaurants etc  within walking distance of the B & B.

i have been told by friends who have used the facilities that it is very good and the owners are very obliging.

Jean

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Broker Recommendations - 10 posts
scammed by electricians - 2 posts
Will Spain copy Cyprus and rob our savings? - 95 posts
Horizontal Law Changes - 0 posts
moving this summer (hopefully) - 12 posts
Shocked by Judge's decision - 3 posts
Experimental Smart City In Santander - 0 posts
Offplan purchase contracts - 2 posts
Evictions and legal procedures - 0 posts
This News Really Annoys Me! - 13 posts
Youz all being a bit boring recently - 2 posts
Non residents tax returns... - 6 posts
Preliminary Hearing Last Week. Now another 19 month wait. - 9 posts
Thinking of Moving to spain - 6 posts
Websites advertising cars for sale - 5 posts
Closed terrace of an apartment - 3 posts
View on Bullfighting, should it be banned? - 13 posts
Property purchase tax - 0 posts
Resident to buy a new car - 3 posts
Considering buying new car - 12 posts
Murder mystery nights in Torrevieja and All Inclusive Cruises from Valencia/? - 3 posts
SKY TV - 14 posts
FilmOn stops transmitting UK terrestrial channels overseas: - 26 posts
Security - 2 posts
cotaluz lawyers - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x