moving this summer (hopefully)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Mar 2013 4:40 AM by shedboylinz Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

well finally plucked up the courage to put my house on the market in Dundee, Scotland and move to murcia once the sale is completed.

its some thing ive been toying with for a good few years and thought if i dont do it now il never do it. ive been lookin at long term rentals in Sucina, La Puebla and surrounding areas. hopefully ill find some thing pretty close to the airport seen as il be travelling back and forward every few weeks to Aberdeen as ill still be working offshore.

hopefully my house will sell rather sharpish and ill be out there sooner rather than later

anyway, i look forward to joining you all in sunny spain ASAP

Like 0      
16 Mar 2013 10:09 AM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

Well done, you won't regret it. We have lived here for a long time so if you need any help or advice just let us know. We have a business here called homecomforts.es and as a familly we have been here for over 30 years so we know a lot of people. I also do a lot of work for property manegment ccompanies and letting agents so can point you in the right direction if you are looking to rent.

Air Conditioning, Energy Assessor+Technical Services,

chris@homecomforts.es   

http://www.homecomforts.es/

Like 0      
16 Mar 2013 10:19 AM by Ian_n_Angie Star rating in Buckinghamshire and .... 35 posts Send private message

Good luck with the move - my only suggestion would be to come over and rent before you sell your UK home. You will have a homebase to go back to just incase (though unlikely) that you dont like it.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2013 4:47 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Shedboylinz   ,  have sent you a private message.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2013 6:38 PM by shedboylinz Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

than very much for your replies.

chris, thats much appreciated once im sorted and ready to come over ill maybe take you up on that offer. ian and angie, i have another property in Dundee that i let out at the minute which i can move back to incase it all turns pear shaped. hopefully that wont be the case though and ill spend the forseeable future some where slightly warmer than scotland :-)

hopefully my house sale will go through shortly and ill be over there joining you all before i know it

Like 0      
17 Mar 2013 7:40 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Could I suggest you look at all the blogs on this site which are going through the same process but are a little ahead of you?

Gerry writes about his very recent move here (he's renting just now).

My blog (see link below) is my story of buying here last year.

Eggcup writes about some of the things that can go wrong ..... DEFINITELY worth reading but don't let it put you off!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll make it happen :-)

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
25 Jul 2013 11:49 AM by lizajennifer Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

hi tamaraessex i like your suggestion, it's a great one.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2013 3:33 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Ian and Angie-if the house is sold after they move here, surely  they will get a capital gains bill!

Like 0      
26 Jul 2013 7:22 AM by mountain-lass Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

CGT - not payable if they become resident after 2nd July, so if they sell up and move over before the end of 2013 they will  not be liable.

IF the house sale is finalised AFTER 1st january 2014 and they are resident before July 2nd  then although not tax resident untill after 180 day rule, they are liable for CGT as the tax year - as you all know - is Jan to December, and you are deemed tax resident for the whole year if you are living there  - prior - to July 2nd.   More so now under the new overseas asset declaration form. Hence we have 2 arrival dates.  House sells before year end - can arrive anytime next year. House sells post JAN 1ST will not  move  untill July 2nd, well actually we willl, we  intend spending several months travelling through France and then 

Like 0      
31 Jul 2013 9:19 PM by shedboylinz Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

well its took slightly longer than i thought but today i finally got the offer ive been waiting on and accepted a price for my house. i now have 5 weeks to pack up and move out as the entry date for the new owners is the 6th of september ( assuming everything goes to plan )

in between that i have a week in ibiza ( leaving this saturday 3rd august ) and a week offshore. giving me three weeks to pack up a 4 bedroom house worth of furniture and kids toys.

wish me luck :-)

Like 0      
31 Jul 2013 9:59 PM by whatagayday Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Dont build your hopes up an offer means nothing wait till you exchange otherwise you may be unpacking

Sorry to put a downer on it but its a fact

Like 0      
31 Jul 2013 10:01 PM by shedboylinz Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

That's why I put assuming everything goes to plan....

Like 0      
31 Jul 2013 10:05 PM by whatagayday Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Never assume anything to many variables in life poor valuation,bad credit history,banks not lending 

Good Luck hope you acheive your dream I have but I am ubber careful

This message was last edited by whatagayday on 01/08/2013.

This message was last edited by whatagayday on 01/08/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Shocked by Judge's decision - 3 posts
Experimental Smart City In Santander - 0 posts
Offplan purchase contracts - 2 posts
Evictions and legal procedures - 0 posts
This News Really Annoys Me! - 13 posts
Youz all being a bit boring recently - 2 posts
Non residents tax returns... - 6 posts
Preliminary Hearing Last Week. Now another 19 month wait. - 9 posts
Thinking of Moving to spain - 6 posts
Websites advertising cars for sale - 5 posts
Closed terrace of an apartment - 3 posts
View on Bullfighting, should it be banned? - 13 posts
Property purchase tax - 0 posts
Resident to buy a new car - 3 posts
Considering buying new car - 12 posts
Murder mystery nights in Torrevieja and All Inclusive Cruises from Valencia/? - 3 posts
SKY TV - 14 posts
FilmOn stops transmitting UK terrestrial channels overseas: - 26 posts
Security - 2 posts
cotaluz lawyers - 0 posts
New! Law 57/68 and Huma-Banco Popular. Case won by CostaLuz - 3 posts
Paying IBI a year late - 12 posts
Pets - 0 posts
Energy Performance Certificates come to Spain - 327 posts
Energy Performance Certificates come to Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x