Security

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Mar 2013 6:58 AM by colincampsite Star rating in Costa Blanca. 3 posts Send private message

Living on a campsite near to Benidorm and we are suffering from many break-ins. The campsite owners just shrug their shoulders and say, "What do you expect living in a caravan?"

We ask if they could make the security cameras work but their reply is that it would be an invasion of privacy. They have put up signs saying the place is being serviced by a security company. If we have a problem all we have to do is ring the reception and they will phone the company who will send someone round from wherever the operative lives. This gives us a good feeling of safety, not.

They level of occupancy of campsites has dropped a lot these last couple of years. There are many empty pitches as northern Europeans chose to avoid the area. It is not just the economic climate and the high cost of fuel. It has a lot to do with the attitude of those whose wages we pay towards. They (reception staff and owners) are rude and arrogant towards those who have supported them over the years and are beginning to feel the backlash.

I have a strong feeling that they will get their due rewards.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2013 9:17 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Hi Colin, 
                 I suspect  their explanation why they cannot use security cameras is wrong.

Many places, both public and private have security cameras.

We have one on the main entrance to our apartment block and several in the basement garage area.  Shops, banks, and similar establishments  also have them. 

I would try asking the asking the campsite for the complaints form re the security cameras and also maybe for them failing to take reasonable care of their customers, and see their reaction . 
 I was told by a Spaniard some years ago that shoos and the like must care to protect their customers from dangers including being robbed.  I do not know if that idea is supported by the law.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2013 8:12 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

the problem with having cameras is you need a licence and you can be liable for all sorts of shit like spying and privacy invation

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

cotaluz lawyers - 0 posts
New! Law 57/68 and Huma-Banco Popular. Case won by CostaLuz - 3 posts
Paying IBI a year late - 12 posts
Pets - 0 posts
Energy Performance Certificates come to Spain - 327 posts
Energy Performance Certificates come to Spain - 7 posts
Protest in Malaga Airport - 3 posts
Justice for Chris Huhne and his ex wife - 18 posts
Watching Formula 1 - 2013 in Spain - 0 posts
boat hire san javier - 0 posts
health care in Spain - 0 posts
Palmera Properties and Mirador - 2 posts
Outside terrace - 8 posts
NORMANSANDS - 11 posts
Bromley to Almoradi - 0 posts
linux or windows in state schools in andalucia - 12 posts
linux or windows in state schools in andalucia - 0 posts
Tax Defaulters Register. - 0 posts
Judge Sentencing - 1 posts
Kayak course - 0 posts
SPAIN CRIME WORSENS AND IS LOSING MONEY AND RESPECT. - 27 posts
Summer is almost here - 2 posts
Long term rental/housesitting/caretaking. - 0 posts
satalite dish - 1 posts
health care for pensioner - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x