Another case won by my fantastic Spanish lawyers! Thanks to EOS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Feb 2013 2:41 PM by letty Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I used to sell property in Spain and unfortunately some of my clients' properties were never finished or, as a result of the economic and financial crisis, the developers went out of business, leaving my clients in the lurch, and me with a terrible sense of responsibility.

I was one of those people myself. I'd bought a property off plan on a resort and it wasn't built. Unfortunately, it appeared that the bank which issued the guarantee was most probably in cahoots with the developer because interestingly the bank guarantee had an expiry date on it .. just before the due date for the completion of the property and, it transpired, before the construction had even started!

When I went to my habitual lawyer with my case, I was told that the bank guarantee had expired and there was nothing I could do. The same happened with three different lawyers.

Fortunately, one day, through Eye On Spain, I heard a podcast by Maria de Castro. This would have been yonks ago by now but I still remember that moment when I finally heard someone talking sense. Maria's words gave me some hope that there was a logical legal system in Spain after all when she explained that by law, bank guarantees only expired when the certification of completion for the property had been issued. So off I went to her with my case but still with little hope.

So it was a wonderful surprise when she and her colleagues won this case for me and I got my money back after about 1.5 years. Having established that this worked, I proceeded to recommend her to all my clients who were having the same problems and I'm happy to be able to say, about five years on, that every single one of them who proceeded to use her services and have got in touch with me have eventually won their money back. Some of these people had put down a considerable sum of money and were having to contemplate the possibility of writing it off as they found it impossible to understand the system in a foreign country and language. They would never have won their cases if it hadn't been for finding a professional company who do a very good job and above all, speak their language.

The latest one I had news from today. After 4 years of fighting in the courts against an insurance company who refused to pay up on a guarantee, Costa de la luz Lawyers have informed him that he's won his case.

I am very pleased that there are lawyers out there who are professional and know what they're doing and I'm also really grateful to EOS for having provided me with that initial - and vital - contact that I needed to give me some hope and somewhere to turn.

I wish Costa de la Luz every success for the future and would like to take the opportunity to congratulate them on yet another win.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2013 12:40 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Good news indeed - well done to Maria and the team at Costa Luz.  It is encouraging that so many cases are being won and the money returned.

Kelju

Like 0      
11 Feb 2013 2:18 PM by Joe1 Star rating. 135 posts Send private message

Joe1´s avatar

This message was last edited by Joe1 on 22/08/2013.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2013 2:35 PM by trowell1 Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

I don,t care what it is.
This is how I found out how to claim my cash back and we are in court next month for our judgement, the more people post the more people will act on it with confidence of a good result.
Well done Maria

Like 0      
11 Feb 2013 2:44 PM by letty Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

To Joe,

Yes. One post. I'd forgotten the password on my previous account, hence the new account being set up.

I ought to perhaps have clarified that the first case (the one that took 1.5 years) occurred quite a number of years ago.  The latest case took 4 years and the circumstances were fairly similar so perhaps that is a reflection of the changing times.

I just wanted to give credit where credit is due as there are plenty of things that go wrong and plenty of people who express their dissatisfaction when they do, but often people forget to express their gratitude/share the news when there's something positive to say, or when they have received a good service from a company.

It's quite ironic really that when someone wants to share good news, doubt is cast as to their motivation or the veracity of the comments whereas a complaint is usually believed without a second's thought...

Like 0      
11 Feb 2013 3:25 PM by Joe1 Star rating. 135 posts Send private message

Joe1´s avatar

This message was last edited by Joe1 on 22/08/2013.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2013 3:42 PM by letty Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi again Joe,

Thanks for that! Fair enough. I must say that it seemed like a jolly long time at the time but it was my first experience with Spanish courts so of course I didn't know what to expect. Maybe I naively thought that when you claimed a bank guarantee from a bank they ought to pay you straight away (which of course they ought but they don't). With hindsight though, it was really quick. I seem to remember that there was some technical legal reason behind the case being expedited through the courts but I couldn't for the life of me remember what that was.

Suffice it to say that I'm really pleased that this forum exists and that I was able to find a solution for me and for so many others through accessing information. If it hadn't been for this forum, I would most probably have given up and most of my clients wouldn't have even known what to do, so I hope that people's information and feedback continues to help others find solutions to issues and that many more people win their cases!

Like 0      
11 Feb 2013 3:54 PM by trowell1 Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

too right.

anyone from san jose/hdt jumilla, please take note and start proceedings to get your cash back

Like 0      
11 Feb 2013 4:16 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Congratulations.

I look forward to the day when I  can start such a thread as this, and I expect there are many more people in the same boat.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2013 4:16 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

This message was last edited by sandra on 11/02/2013.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2013 7:29 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Please don't forget it was a fantastic Spanish lawyer that got you in to the mess your in the first place you say you have won your case in court but have you had any of your money back or do you know anybody that has had their money back .

Like 0      
12 Feb 2013 1:51 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Letty!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Confusion When Buying a Bank Repossession - 5 posts
leather 3 seater sofa for sale - 0 posts
proof of payments at notary - 3 posts
Dave - 1 posts
Can you help me? - 5 posts
Tram in Murcia - 4 posts
Planning law, wooden sheds, cabins and houses - 4 posts
NEGATIVES OF LIVING IN SPAIN - 41 posts
POSITIVE'S FOR LIVING IN SPAIN - 13 posts
Im moving to spain SOON Residence in Spain how easy/hard is it to get - 23 posts
when does it get warmer in Murcia - 7 posts
Age Concern volunteer Angela Keay MBE congratulated by British Ambassador - 0 posts
CASH REGISTER AND SHOP FITTINGS FOR SALE - 2 posts
Is Spain still the best option for retirement abroad? - 86 posts
Movistar top up in the UK? - 5 posts
Rental Experience - 3 posts
Computer help - 4 posts
Fancy a laugh? Post your best joke - 16 posts
Rental agent threatening denuncia & embargo on bank account - 5 posts
Do the courts have a website where the dates of future cases are posted? - 5 posts
Glass Curtains - 0 posts
3 day car hire - I couldn't believe the price - 4 posts
Spanish radio - 10 posts
New Endessa Account? - 1 posts
Smoke stacks - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x