Planning law, wooden sheds, cabins and houses

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2013 9:00 AM by faygord Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Apologies if this is not the correct forum for my question. If its wrong can someone please direct me to the right place?

Otherwise, my question relates to clarification of planning law in regard to the erection of a garden shed, wooden cabin or indeed a wooden house in Anda;ucia. I own a cortijo of 30,000 square metres which has an existing small house on it, two stables and a ruined house. All are listed on the escritura.

I have heard that if such a building is placed on pillars rather than a concrete plinth and is NOT directly connected to any mains services then it does not require permission.  Is that the case?

The cabins/sheds I am looking at range from 9 sq m up to 36 sq m. if area is an issue.

Thanking whoever might respond in advance,

John

Like 0      
07 Feb 2013 9:14 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The chances are that any laws / regulations governing this will vary from Region to Region and maybe even Municipality.

I would suggest you ask a supplier of such buildings in the area where you intend to erect it, and also ask the building department in your town hall.
 That way you will get the info which relates to your particular questions.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2013 9:49 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I agree with Johnzx - I am hoping to build a wooden house when I find the right plot, and spoke to my local planning office.  They didn´t ask anything about whether the base would be concrete or temporary, or whether it would be connected to utilities, only saying that they treated wooden houses the same as any other style of construction.  They also have different rules re size of plot depending on the exact location.

Other people have told me that if I put it onto blocks rather than concrete then it is temporary and different rules apply.

Others again have said that if you want to build on rustic land, as well as satisfying the minimum plot size (which varies widely) then you need to ask the regional government for permission to build, as well as the local council.

I think you would need to take your full proposal to the local council and the regional council before going any further. 

Do let us know how you get on with it!

Like 0      
08 May 2013 7:10 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

These people are very helpful - and know the law!

http://www.timberbuilding.net/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NEGATIVES OF LIVING IN SPAIN - 41 posts
POSITIVE'S FOR LIVING IN SPAIN - 13 posts
Im moving to spain SOON Residence in Spain how easy/hard is it to get - 23 posts
when does it get warmer in Murcia - 7 posts
Age Concern volunteer Angela Keay MBE congratulated by British Ambassador - 0 posts
CASH REGISTER AND SHOP FITTINGS FOR SALE - 2 posts
Is Spain still the best option for retirement abroad? - 86 posts
Movistar top up in the UK? - 5 posts
Rental Experience - 3 posts
Computer help - 4 posts
Fancy a laugh? Post your best joke - 16 posts
Rental agent threatening denuncia & embargo on bank account - 5 posts
Do the courts have a website where the dates of future cases are posted? - 5 posts
Glass Curtains - 0 posts
3 day car hire - I couldn't believe the price - 4 posts
Spanish radio - 10 posts
New Endessa Account? - 1 posts
Smoke stacks - 0 posts
Great disccount on Brittany Ferries - 1 posts
Balcony safety - 14 posts
POOL REPAIRS RECOMMENDATIONS IN MURCIA REGION - 0 posts
If Britain leaves the EU , how will it effect you? - 8 posts
Lost Property Deposit In Spain Community - 2 posts
Mar Menor 2 Apartments murcia - 1 posts
Legal status of a park or static home - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x