Movistar top up in the UK?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Feb 2013 12:21 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar
Just turned my Spanish mobile on and when I checked my balance the message says 'saldo 9.75€.validez08/02/13'. Does this mean I have to top up before 8/2/13? If so can I top up from the UK?

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 2:17 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
I haven't tried from UK but I would have thought you can top up on line www.movistar.es

Like 0      
07 Feb 2013 6:48 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

camiile... Hi... yes you can top up either by phone or online, online is easiest...

Try this link.

http://www.movistar.es/particulares/movil/servicios/recarga-online?pid=home-recarga-menu

You can recharge up to 30 euros at a time to a maximum of 120 euros in any one month. You will need to know the phone number, (do not add the 0034 prefix), payment can be by Mastercard or Visa or Visa Electron. Enter the number you wish to recharge, the amount you wish to charge, and the Credit / Debit card details as requested. (cvv refers to the three figure security number on the back of the card). Check the tick box acknowledging acceptance of terms and conditions, then click on ACEPTAR.

On the next page you will be given the opportunity to enter an email address for email confirmation of the recharge. It is optional.

Easy Peasy!

Alternatively, if you feel like living dangerously, you could try phoning 0034 69 999 1004 from the phone you wish to charge. The call will be charged at the normal roaming rate. Again Visa or Mastercard, up to 30 Euros at a time to a maximum of 120 Euros in any one month.

Hope this helps.

fb

Hope this helps.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 1      
08 Feb 2013 10:06 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar
Thanks for your help, I did get it sorted via the link x

Like 0      
27 Jul 2014 5:37 PM by ask66 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi, just used Foxbat's earlier link to successfully top-up my Movistar SIM from the UK.  I couldn't get it to accept any of my UK credit cards (kept getting error code WEJB184) so tried my spanish La Caixa debit card (why didn't I do that first?!) and it worked fine.  Thanks Foxbat!

Like 0      
22 Mar 2018 5:39 PM by ColeyG Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Problem of being unable to top up a Movistar prepaid SIM fro the UK with a British credit card remains four years after ask66's difficulties.  Tried four cards and nothing.  Tried ringing the two numbers (2200 and 1004) nothing! as well as the long number given by foxbat and they refused to do a top up over the phone! Any one have any other ideas? apart from changing company next time we are in Spain!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rental Experience - 3 posts
Computer help - 4 posts
Fancy a laugh? Post your best joke - 16 posts
Rental agent threatening denuncia & embargo on bank account - 5 posts
Do the courts have a website where the dates of future cases are posted? - 5 posts
Glass Curtains - 0 posts
3 day car hire - I couldn't believe the price - 4 posts
Spanish radio - 10 posts
New Endessa Account? - 1 posts
Smoke stacks - 0 posts
Great disccount on Brittany Ferries - 1 posts
Balcony safety - 14 posts
POOL REPAIRS RECOMMENDATIONS IN MURCIA REGION - 0 posts
If Britain leaves the EU , how will it effect you? - 8 posts
Lost Property Deposit In Spain Community - 2 posts
Mar Menor 2 Apartments murcia - 1 posts
Legal status of a park or static home - 0 posts
Anyone using Spantel? Please check your bills - 19 posts
Is the Spanish Government on the verge of collapse? - 23 posts
Girasol Homes - Condado de Alhama - 3 posts
Where's Gerryuk? - 2 posts
Vetting a Lawyer - 2 posts
Adsense help me set it up ! - 2 posts
Definitive guide to rules governing swimming pools in Communities. - 6 posts
Legal tip 896. New! Bank condemned to pay by Law 57/68 in Herrada del Tollo case - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x