proof of payments at notary

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Feb 2013 11:39 AM by FORUM TALKER Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Soon I shall be signing the deeds of purchase of a house before a Notary public and the developer has told me that in accordance with new legislation concerning money laundering I shall be required to disclose and provide documentary evidence of all payments made.

My problem is that I made stage payments through currency brokers (who I cannot remember or trace) and as this was 7 years ago I have no paper records and my bank only keeps statements for 6 years.

I do have the developers receipts for each stage payment and I have a bank certificate of the final payment.

Is it possible that the notary could refuse to grant the deeds?

Like 0      
08 Feb 2013 1:02 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I am surprised you have made the final payment before going to the Notary, that is usually when you hand over the last instalment, when you are sure everything is OK.

As for the money paid, they are interested in the source of the money, so that is what you will be asked about. If you can show it was from income, or the sale of another property, or whatever, then I don´t think you should have a problem. 

Check with your lawyer, they should be able to tell you what level of proof the Notary will require.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2013 5:46 PM by FORUM TALKER Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thanks Clare

Nothing went to the rules on our urbanisation, I had to pay final instalment to get the keys in 2007 and then the builder walked off the site and we have been in limbo ever since.

regards

Like 0      
19 Feb 2013 9:50 AM by doedoe Star rating in Berkshire. 59 posts Send private message

Completing a propety purchase. When paying any money to the Notary or builder make sure you get a  receipt  dated & signed on their company  headed paper.         Keep all the paperwork safe.           Make sure you have a Habitation Certificate & proper instructions from the lawyer before passing any funds over.  If the lawyer has not given these instructions then ask him where they are.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dave - 1 posts
Can you help me? - 5 posts
Tram in Murcia - 4 posts
Planning law, wooden sheds, cabins and houses - 4 posts
NEGATIVES OF LIVING IN SPAIN - 41 posts
POSITIVE'S FOR LIVING IN SPAIN - 13 posts
Im moving to spain SOON Residence in Spain how easy/hard is it to get - 23 posts
when does it get warmer in Murcia - 7 posts
Age Concern volunteer Angela Keay MBE congratulated by British Ambassador - 0 posts
CASH REGISTER AND SHOP FITTINGS FOR SALE - 2 posts
Is Spain still the best option for retirement abroad? - 86 posts
Movistar top up in the UK? - 5 posts
Rental Experience - 3 posts
Computer help - 4 posts
Fancy a laugh? Post your best joke - 16 posts
Rental agent threatening denuncia & embargo on bank account - 5 posts
Do the courts have a website where the dates of future cases are posted? - 5 posts
Glass Curtains - 0 posts
3 day car hire - I couldn't believe the price - 4 posts
Spanish radio - 10 posts
New Endessa Account? - 1 posts
Smoke stacks - 0 posts
Great disccount on Brittany Ferries - 1 posts
Balcony safety - 14 posts
POOL REPAIRS RECOMMENDATIONS IN MURCIA REGION - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x