Camelot and the EuroMillions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Dec 2012 5:51 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

Someone in Stevenage has 6 hours to claim £64 Million on the EuroMillions or lose it forever. Camelot won't tell you which shop, although they know it. So, they know which shop, they know what time the ticket was put on and they have the street and shop CCTV to identify the person who put it on. But, according to their spokesman, they have to keep within the law and not use the CCTV without that persons permission. Have you ever heard such b******s. Like they are going to say "no you can't use the film to tell me I've won!"  Yeh right!
So how do the police catch crooks with CCTV? Do they ask their permission to put it on Crimewatch? It's called greed and fraud by Camelot. They should lose the franchise now.

This message was last edited by orda on 05/12/2012.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2012 8:00 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

It goes to charities if it is unclaimed.  Camelot cannot keep it.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2012 8:50 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Well technically Roly I think it goes to what Camelot and government call "the good causes". This bugs me because out of the 25p per ticket that go to these "good causes" only 4p is actually ring-fenced for the charity sector. The other "good causes" include the Olympics, heritage (often grants to rich people's private houses, or to keep private art works in the country), sport (which l agree is a good thing, but should it not be centrally funded?), and aspects of health and education as directed by government.

My bugbear - I help charities write better funding bids, and the ever-shrinking Lottery pot is causing real problems for thousands of charities and voluntary organisations.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
06 Dec 2012 1:53 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Oh my God! Could you just imagine that happening, losing 64 million because you've forgotten to cash in your lottery ticket. Camelot should publish at least the shop, the day and time of purchase. That would probably be enough. Even if they don't publish his photo. If they know who he/she is they should send someone to the area to try and identify him, it would also be great publicity for the Lottery, if he/she later gave permission to broadcast the footage. They can't just sit back and watch that person lose it all. Unbelievable.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Hire Costa del Sol - 1 posts
New here in Alicante/Murcia and have heard about stock car racing! - 0 posts
aifos and 57/68 - 0 posts
non resident tax on property - 6 posts
Residency and taxes - 12 posts
Claiming ESA AND DLA in spain - 4 posts
Tarifa - Morocco and then? - 6 posts
Golf Courses on the Costa del Sol - 2 posts
Murcia International Airport... new name for Corvera - 4 posts
Turkey "tips" please! - 9 posts
Is property crime one of the motives for moving back home? - 24 posts
buying good quality sofa bed in the santa pola area - 1 posts
Humax Foxsat-HDR - 3 posts
Loss of TV channels - 16 posts
is football becoming more popular or less popular in spain these years? - 5 posts
Property Reforms in Granada - 0 posts
Of Coefficients and expense allocations ~ HELP! - 1 posts
El Tayo, Los Palacios, Formentera del Segura - 3 posts
Beware Valencia-Holiday security deposit scam - 2 posts
Should Estate Agents in Spain be Regulated ??? - 4 posts
Astra 2F - change over from 1N - Initial transponder list - 31 posts
Orange Gas Bottle = Mijas Costa - 3 posts
Recovery of costs - 3 posts
Spanish Title Deeds Insurance - 3 posts
Help? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x