Choose your removal company wisely

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Nov 2006 12:00 AM by nicklauezzari Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

When you finally move all your treasured items to Spain from the Uk,choose wisely!
As with all dealings in relocating it seems there are many sharks in the water.
We used Bishops, who not only lost or destroyed most of our possesions, also proved absolutely useless in dealing with the problem.
It has taken six months to sort out.
Their insurers have generously offered us £850.00!!! not bad considering we paid £500.00 for the insurance.
My 15 year old daughters clothes that went totally missing would cost treble the balance at least.

I suppose we should feel lucky in one way though.
When I told Bishops that I was bringing in the police to find my missing furniture valued at ?000, it amazingly appeared.

Must of broke some e-bayers heart!!

Like 0      
25 Nov 2006 1:22 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
We used Britannia Cestrion - by no means cheapest >but nor most expensive. Appeared most professional in approach. Everything well packed generally. Had to make an insurance claim to have some furniture French polished that was heat damaged while in store. Claim was fairly settled - took time but they have to make their investigations.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
25 Nov 2006 12:31 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

we sent some furniture to Spain 6 years ago with a company called Blatchpack in Exeter it was all packed by there staff the total cost then was about £1200 not one item was damaged and every box marked with contents list(not on the box) the amount we sent was about a small Luton Van (2 tonns) we have heard people had paid much more ,this company send or move all over the world so know how to do it,3 years ago we sent some parcels back to the uk from Spain used a Spain and uk based firm the load was held at customs for weeks (about six) the result for us when it arrived was broken items also one big parcel missing (with lots of tools in) the firm blamed the customs for tipping  out the contents of everybodys parcels just think about it 40 tonns laying around in the customs shed for 6 weeks the result was we had no claim as we had packed it ourselves and could not prove the contents of the missing box, so check if insured if you pack it yourself I dont think its worth the cheaper cost as you could loose it all and get nothing back.    rosi n

Like 0      
05 Apr 2007 8:26 AM by jjone Star rating in españa. 3 posts Send private message

i used "On the Move".. they were excellent..no problemos

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Entertainment - 1 posts
Wood burning stove ,costa del sol - 6 posts
Completion Of Bosque de las Lomas 3 - 2 posts
Best mortgage deal ? - 45 posts
CONGRATULATIONS EYE ON SPAIN - 11 posts
Golf Invest - 3 posts
sierra nevada skiing - 1 posts
mabella property demolition - 2 posts
Community Pools - 10 posts
Well ! It's September - 6 posts
So how many of you are learning to speak Spanish? - 72 posts
Undeclared land - 5 posts
Christmas Lunch - Murcia area - 0 posts
Christmas Dinner Costa del Sol? - 3 posts
Resort Membership - 3 posts
Playa Flamenca/Punta Prima - Costa Blanca - 7 posts
undersized apartments - 3 posts
Where do we start! - 3 posts
Tell me about the Bank Holidays in December - 6 posts
Mortgages - 1 posts
Electrical Goods - 15 posts
Pedro1952 - 1 posts
selling new build property in vera almeria. - 4 posts
Fun and Frolica at The Notary Public - 0 posts
Spanish Property Bureau S.L. - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x