New agers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Oct 2012 9:59 AM by thewolfboy Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Does Spain have an equivalent of Glastonbury or Findhorn for new age types? My Missus is a bit of  new age queen and is not sure if she could hack it at a golf club type complex. Where do all the crystal swingers go?

Like 0      
27 Oct 2012 11:44 AM by heyjimmy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hiiiiiii,

welcome to this site ,

i think there is generation gap between us and new agers so we have to understand them nad before being their guardian we need to be their friend first....

Like 0      
27 Oct 2012 1:22 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Hi WolfBoy - l don't think New Agers are uncommon in Spain, both amongst locals and amongst us immigrants. Look out for craft fairs in your area, and there will inevitably be some knit-your-own-meusli folks among the stall-holders and the shoppers. Also, visit the travellers' festivals like the horse gathering at El Rocío in the province de Jerez. Some towns have folk festivals (there's one in Puente Genil in the province of Córdoba). It might help if you give us a clue as to whereabouts in Spain you are, for better information.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
27 Oct 2012 4:57 PM by llegaralasestrellas Star rating in United Kingdom (BHX .... 58 posts Send private message

llegaralasestrellas´s avatar

I don't know about festivals, but the La Alpujarra region is a big traditional hippie magnet. I don't know what it's like now, but it used to be off the mainstream tourist trail - just a few campsites and small villages, very traditional "Al Andalus" feel and extremely lush, steep landscape as it is bascially the south facing slopes of the Sierra Nevada.

Probabaly worth a look at - and hope the bulldozers haven't moved in.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2012 8:10 PM by thewolfboy Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you for the interesting responses. We are West London based at the moment but were thinking of buying a 'Polarais World' apartment in Murcia. My Missus is an ex homeopath, acupunctist, natureopath, therapist etc and wonderered if she would fit in with the golfing fraternity.

When push comes to shove it is the people who make a community not the lovely apartment/swimming pools etc.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2012 9:13 PM by llegaralasestrellas Star rating in United Kingdom (BHX .... 58 posts Send private message

I'd reccomend taking a few weeks out to go around the different areas independently and see where takes your fancy. Pretty much e everywhere has resales going for next to nothing at the moment, if you don't want to be on a new urbanization (which I can sympathise with).

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 6:13 AM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

There are quite a few old-ish 'New Agers'  out near Tabernas.... and also Sorbas.

www.sunseed.org.uk

I know of one guy there who lives in a Tipi and communicates with flying saucers... definitely not your average golf club type!

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 12:27 PM by llegaralasestrellas Star rating in United Kingdom (BHX .... 58 posts Send private message

I think my dog does that... he goes off into traces staring at the wall for ages, then dives under the table... definitely in touch with the ETs....

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Suma - 5 posts
Discount electrical items in/near Albox - 3 posts
Knocked over by revolving door at Alicante airport! - 0 posts
New to Costa Tropical - Almuñécar - 1 posts
Royal Bank of Mortgages - 3 posts
Corvera Airport - 23 posts
Unethical Agent - 9 posts
Contacting Endesa - 1 posts
House improvement not quite right - What next? - 11 posts
english van re importation - 23 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd....v.2 - 5 posts
Clarification of the Horizontal Law of Property - 23 posts
van space - 3 posts
Bankia bail out (Mortgages) - 4 posts
INDIAN MEAL IN LOS MONTESIMOS???????? - 18 posts
Card Craft shops - 2 posts
Bifocals -v- Varifocals - 6 posts
November 14th General Strike - flight cancellations? - 17 posts
Electricity Charges - 0 posts
picture postcards - 0 posts
New to site. - 39 posts
Declaring cost of works to reduce tax liability - 0 posts
Spain - 8 Years Hence ?????? - 9 posts
Freesat changes - 2 posts
What grows in Spain? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x