Unethical Agent

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Oct 2012 5:38 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

It seems that there are few property agents who can be trusted to behave in an ethical manner. In Cuidad Quesada there´s an agent who, it seems will go to great lengths to try to make money. The lady who bought our apartment was strongly advised not to buy our it by an agent (not ours) because he wanted her to buy through him. Ironically we know this worm quite well and the next time he saw me he gave me a smile. He didn´t know that I knew what a nasty piece of work he is.

An English ex car salesman who has set himself up as an agent. Seems that he´s  brought his smarmy UK tricks with him. Shame because his wife´s a lovely lady.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2012 8:36 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

knowing a few agents in Quesada...that propbably narrows it down to 3 or 4!!

Like 0      
28 Oct 2012 1:30 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Knock Simon of Sunseekers off your list - in our opinion, he´s very upfront. Any guesses as to who the nasty little weasel is?

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 11:05 AM by Venator Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

We have just concluded a sale in spain and have now learnt that we have been ripped off for 3500 Euros.

We chose our agent based on a claim that .

1. We charge a commission of 3%  No more no less

2.We do not network with other agents

3.We are a spain legal company

The sale completed and I have tracked the purchasers down it would appear they paid a lot more than we were advised and to cap it all another prospective purchaser had offered more for the property but were likely in the eyes of the agent to advise us of what was likely to occur in terms of the sale price so were subsequently disuaded from buying our property.

I intend to pursue this to the bitter end..

I will keep you all posted.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 12:18 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

But surely when you sign in front of the notario, and you are all signing the same contracts, the sale price is all above board and clear for everyone?  How could the buyers be paying more than the price you accepted?  THEY are being ripped off, surely!

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 12:24 PM by Venator Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

All done by power of attorney................

I know, that implicates the solicitor as well.

Happy days

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 12:34 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Tamaraessex is right.

Have you taken into account that you would have paid IVA on the agents fees and your lawyers fees if you had one - this would have been at 21%. Also if you are a non resident you would have had 3% withheld as a retention pending finalising of your tax affairs.

Deductions from the gross amount could also be for the following if applicable.

Community fees up the the completion date

Utilities up to the completion date

IBI up to the completion date

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 12:46 PM by Venator Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I know all about retention and VAT.

The community and utility bills are all accounted for.

The bottom line is the buyer paid more than we were advised and we had agreed to a sale price less a fixed percentage commission in the same way as you would in the UK.

Not a sale with all the added on commisions that would appear to be the norm in Spain.

This message was last edited by Venator on 22/12/2012.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2012 3:54 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

how do you know when a real estate is lying?

their mouth is moving

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
23 Dec 2012 6:21 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you gave someone ‘unrestricted’ power of attorney to act for you and they accepted a sale price then they were acting ‘as you agent’ and ‘with your permission’ They thus had the power to accept an offer which you gave them power to decide upon.

If the amount the property sold for was shown as the declared Price in the Escritura then you are legally able to claim any amount you were not paid.

If you were told by the buyer that they made an illegal payment above that shown in the Escritura then that would have been illegal so ‘it never happened’.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Contacting Endesa - 1 posts
House improvement not quite right - What next? - 11 posts
english van re importation - 23 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd....v.2 - 5 posts
Clarification of the Horizontal Law of Property - 23 posts
van space - 3 posts
Bankia bail out (Mortgages) - 4 posts
INDIAN MEAL IN LOS MONTESIMOS???????? - 18 posts
Card Craft shops - 2 posts
Bifocals -v- Varifocals - 6 posts
November 14th General Strike - flight cancellations? - 17 posts
Electricity Charges - 0 posts
picture postcards - 0 posts
New to site. - 39 posts
Declaring cost of works to reduce tax liability - 0 posts
Spain - 8 Years Hence ?????? - 9 posts
Freesat changes - 2 posts
What grows in Spain? - 11 posts
Electricity meter - 8 posts
How to contact English Speaking Staff at Iberdrola - 1 posts
PARKING IN SEVILLE OVER CHRISTMAS - 2 posts
Laundry - 0 posts
flights - 2 posts
Television - 0 posts
Furniture pack - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x