Electricity meter

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Oct 2012 11:56 AM by scotsgal Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi, I used to live permanently in Spain but recently moved back to live and work in the UK.

I return to Spain only about twice a year, (sadly) for short visits of max 10 days and in the meantime, leave the electricity on in my Spanish property (although all appliances inside switched off) As the house is on an industrial supply, bills for standard rental are quite high (lowest about 30 euros per month) despite no one occupying the property and having no electrical goods running.

I vaguely remember hearing that if I were to switch off the power from the mains, I would have to pay a reconnection charge when I wanted to switch back on again. 

Can anyone please advise about this please ?

Any information would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

SG

Like 0      
22 Oct 2012 2:20 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Even though you are not using any power you still have to pay, the equivalent in UK,  to the standing charge and rental for the meter.

If you are rated as industrial, why not contact your supplier and see about getting on a domestic tariff, if that would be cheaper, and maybe lower the ‘potential’ which would also reduce the standing charge

If you turn off the power, that will make no difference.  

If you terminate the contact then you will have no bill but also no electric and would thus have to make a new contact when you wanted power again.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2012 9:42 AM by scotsgal Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Johnzx,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

It's helped clear up where I stand and it might be worth pursuing a conversion of the house to domestic use, if Fenosa will allow.

Much obliged,

SG

Like 0      
24 Oct 2012 11:27 AM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

another question re electricity meters. I've been trying to get electricity re connected to a place I've bought recently. I've got an agent/lawyer working on it but it's taking ages. Since the beginning of September they've been negotiating with Iberola. Firstly they had to install a new fuse box and cables but the agent said he then had to take photos of it and send them to Iberola. This was done 3 weeks ago but still Iberola haven't installed a new meter, Is this time lapse normal. Are the electricity company so inefficient it takes them this long ?

any ideas on how this can be speeded up  as it only took a week to reconnect the water.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2012 12:05 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Johnmcmahon

You could possibly try asking Iberdrola yourself...see my post from a couple of days ago...

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-16763.aspx

The website can be found here;

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/campaigns/connect-home.aspx

I dont know how successful you will be, I'm not with Iberdrola, I simply posted the thread because communication with Iberdrola is a recurrent theme on this forum.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
24 Oct 2012 12:33 PM by scotsgal Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks, FB. Very useful.

SG

Like 0      
24 Oct 2012 2:58 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

thanks FB

I'll have a go

Like 0      
24 Oct 2012 3:37 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Dear  John & Scotsgal

For what's its worth,I recommended this Website to another Forum User recently and they were very impressed  with  the service they received from this company.If not needed now,just Bookmark it for future use in your Web Browser

http://www.myelectricsinspain.com/index.html#.UIf3-G_Qr6W

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
25 Oct 2012 10:34 AM by scotsgal Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thank you Nigel,

SG

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to contact English Speaking Staff at Iberdrola - 1 posts
PARKING IN SEVILLE OVER CHRISTMAS - 2 posts
Laundry - 0 posts
flights - 2 posts
Television - 0 posts
Furniture pack - 0 posts
Cancelled SIP cards (Healthcare Access) - 0 posts
Uci bank - 8 posts
Empadron, non owner, living rent fee - 1 posts
Dickmanns Car hire... Alicante airport - 13 posts
Cash withdrawals in Santander Branch - 0 posts
Electricity Supplier takes over without contract!! - 8 posts
Driving Conditions to Santander in February - 4 posts
Should it be illegal to film or photograph police officers? - 24 posts
Cockroaches! Thank God they've gone! - 31 posts
Spain cracking down on prostitution! - 22 posts
Advice on Solicitors - Cash Purchase - 14 posts
Now thats a good idea - 0 posts
Wanted: Wendy house or similar for children's Christmas present - 0 posts
Tarmacking or concreting a track - 8 posts
heating - 14 posts
newbie - 1 posts
Freelance work in my spare time whilst employed. - 5 posts
Badminton courts - 0 posts
Cravendale Milk - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x