WARNING TO ALL

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Sep 2012 8:39 PM by CostaBlade Star rating in Riviera. 114 posts Send private message

STEADY ON JOHN !! I

I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO TELL US SPAIN WAS LEAVING THE EU AND REVERTING TO THE PASETA (or should that be the potato)

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 10:51 AM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

No complaints from me about after sales service in Spain!

I bought an outside light from a small electrical shop for 17€ and they came and installed it free the next morning at exactly the time they said.  Can you see B&Q doing that?

I had a damp patch on the wall on the other side of the bath.  I contacted the insurance company and they sent someoe out, but instead of just inspecting it and telling me to get 3 quotes as they do in the UK, he re-grouted the  bath and sent a painter in to paiint the wall.  Excellent service!

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 5:55 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Don, I hope they repaired the cause of the damp too.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 7:51 PM by robertt8696 Star rating in Midlands, UK. 479 posts Send private message

Just found the title of this thread, and unfortunately Dealer indifference is a bad in the UK. A friend of mine about 3 years ago bought a 42" flat screen TV which after about 9 months the screen partially blacked out.

He tried on many attempts to get the branch of Curry's to take it back and repair it and they did not want to know. He couldnt get past the "Customer Service " desk all they kept doing was referring him to a call centre (from in the shop, at the Customer Service counter!).After nearly 6 months of pestering them,eventually some woman looked at his file and somewhat surprised said she noticed he had been repeatedly calling for a long time. She told him to wait for a call back , so he did, to be greeted by some man who explained he was upper Management at Curry's and was disgusted at the way my friend had been treated,and he would get the T.V collected and repaired.He told my friend there would be a bill with the goods when returned but to take no notice of it, as it was for "reference only".

The T.V was collected and returned in about a week, and the bill total that came back was for 160 pounds. Fantastic service, eventually, but why did it take around 6 months of continual complaining to get a result, and what about the compensation for the loss of use of his T.V during this time? Curry's offered him NOTHING in compensation.

Somehow its not just Spanish retailers that are useless it happens in the U.K too!

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 8:46 PM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

Yes, Johnsx, it was just the grout that had dried out!

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 9:06 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Don do you mean the water was 'leaking' because you had failed to maintain the waterproof grouting ?

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 10:28 AM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

Yes, we had just bought the house and no one had lived in it previously for 6 years.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 10:34 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I know the Spanish insurance companies are good but what you had was lack of Maintenance  not an insured risk.

Maybe you could get them to cut the lawn and wash the car every week too !

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 11:25 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Re: the compaints forms:

John said: "I have used the system, either for myself or others, and it has always produced a satisfactory end".

Ayrez asked: "How long does it usually take for OMIC to resolve your complaint?"

John said: "I have never got as far as you have so I can't say".

Confused.com

I tried requesting a complaints form once, from RACC when they were messing me around over a car insurance matter. They told me they didn't have complaints forms; I said I'll call the police if they don't produce one; they said "knock yerself out" (or words to that effect) as they are a "members club" and not bound by the usual rules. Moral? Don't use RACC for your insurance!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 11:42 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Roberto,  I have no personal experience with RACC and today is sunday so I cannot call anyone for advice,  but if RACC your quiote  is The automobile club, R:A:C:E:, on their web page they show:-

http://racc.es.soporte.com/pdf/contrato.pdf

Puede obtener información de servicios de consumo en

In your situation I would have called the Policia Local and see what they had to say when they arrived. 

As you will know, in ‘normal’ establishments, if the form is not produced, one calls the Local Police and they issue an immediate fine, plus close down the establishment.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 23/09/2012.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 12:12 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think RACE and RACC are two different entities; I was dealing with RACC. 

You really needn't go to the bother of calling them (unless you really want to !) You're right though, on the link you provided (which is RACC) it says "Usted puede solicitar hojas de reclamaciones en nuestro domicilio social o en (blank) " - or where, I wonder? Not in their Málaga branch, based on my experience! 

Yes, I could have (and maybe should have) called the police, but confronted with a very smug manager who seemed confident in his claim, I didn't want to run the risk of being humiliated in case he was right. This was the same guy who, moments earlier when I told him his staff were crap at their jobs, had said quite happily "Yes, I know - it's hard to get decent staff nowadays. Whadya want me to do?"

I decided the best course of action was simply to take my business elsewhere (after getting what I needed eventually from their head office in Barcelona) and then taking every available opportunity (such as now) to warn everyone else to avoid them like the plague! Maybe as a Catalan organisation they play by different rules; I never had any problem with them while Ilived in Mallorca, but as soon as I moved to Andalucia they seemed to treat me like dirt.

Anyway, to anyone dealing with any company other than RACC, I would strongly suggest following John's advice and requesting the complaints form - just asking for it is likely to prompt a bit more action than if you don't, and hopefully you will then not even have to take it further. QED!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Sep 2012 3:44 PM by miffed Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

this thread has gone so far from the original post its unbelievable.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Interview with the planning councillor of Orihuela. - 0 posts
Can't get residencia status. - 19 posts
changing endesa electricity bill from company name to personal name - 5 posts
Wealth Tax to stay - 0 posts
Those who like to say, 'Rip Off Spain' - 0 posts
Looking for kids for fashionshoot in Almeria - 0 posts
Buying turf in Marbella area - 1 posts
Alicante / Condado del Alhama Taxi/Airport transfer - 1 posts
ADMINISTRATOR QUESTION RE AGM - 3 posts
Is Now The Time to Buy or Sell ?? - 258 posts
Adelson wants 40% of a municipal district for his Eurovegas !! - 0 posts
What is going on with Ryanair in Spain? - 48 posts
CAR INSURANCE SPAIN LINEA DIRECT - 39 posts
Agent advice - 2 posts
Should the UK have adopted the EURO ? - 1 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Renault Megan RX4 - 0 posts
Should my wife get medical cover based on my Social Security or her UK pension - 5 posts
Flat in Marbella! - 1 posts
Furnitire for sale, Costa del Sol - 0 posts
The new 3 month rule for registering - 5 posts
Planning application in spain - 5 posts
New Passport Procedures - 17 posts
Gas Inspection? - 7 posts
Presidents of communities - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 32

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x