changing endesa electricity bill from company name to personal name

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Sep 2012 1:14 PM by craigedmonds Star rating in Marbella. 28 posts Send private message

craigedmonds´s avatar

I have been working from home the last 10 years and had the Endesa bill in the name of my company.

Now I want to change it back to my personal name as I no longer work from home and have been told by Endesa that in order to change the name on the bill I need to get a "boletin" done by an electrician.

Just been quoted €180 for this by a local electrican.

Is this normal?

What do they do for €180?

IMHO its pretty disgraceful that I should have to pay the equivalent of almost 2 months electricty bill just to have the name changed on the bill.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2012 1:24 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Craig - there are charges for lots of things here which are just ridiculous.  Many people just change the bank details and leave the old name on the bill - and that doesn´t cost anything.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2012 1:29 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

You're not paying to have the name changed ..... you're paying because effectively it is a new contract in your personal name, and whenever there is a change in who the contract is with, Endesa requires that the supply is checked (ie that you have the correct potencia for the property), and just as importantly the trip box and the meter are checked.  The rules change every so often as to what additional trip switches are required.  

I had the contract changed to my name from the previous owner, two months ago, and fortunately for me the electrician was happy with the state of the electrics (they can demand rewiring or other upgrades if it's in a bad state), but the law had changed and I had to have an additional trip put in against the risk of storms.  More expensive was that I had to have the new type of contador put in outside, which required a larger hole in the wall and a new front cover.  Total cost was somewhere around 300 euros.  But frankly it was a lot of work - the electricians didn't overcharge me.  They then confirmed to Endesa I'd had the work done, Endesa changed the contract to my name.

The alternative was to leave it in the previous owner's name, which wouldn't have mattered much as long as the bills still came here and I only paid the ones relevant to this house!  I was a TEENY bit worried that he could divert all the bills from his other properties to this address, and I wouldn't notice which address the electricity had been used at, and wuold end up paying them all!  So it was safer for me to change the name.  In your case, I'm not sure there's much gain.  Unless there are higher rates for businesses, I dunno.

It is frustrating that everyone else in my street still has the old-style meter, and will NEVER be forced to change, as all the houses probably still have the contract in the name of great-great-grandad and they're never going to bother to change it!

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
19 Sep 2012 1:53 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Tamara,
                           It is frustrating that everyone else in my street still has the old-style meter, and will NEVER be forced to change, as all the houses probably still have the contract in the name of great-great-grandad and they're never going to bother to change it!

The meters will be changed .

This is a repeat of an early post I made, which seems to have been missed some people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently received a notice from my electricity supplier, which may be of interest

(This is a Bing Translator translation, slightly amended by me. ).

MALAGA, 04 June 2012

Estimated / to Mr./Ms.:

The new Spanish and European regulations (1) promotes the efficiency of the end use of energy through the introduction of a system of smart meters that will contribute to the active participation of consumers in the electricity market.

In order to comply with the regulations, Endesa distribution is developing a replacement plan of all the meters of customers connected to its network of distribution that has been approved by the autonomous community. In this sense, will be coming soon to the replacement of the counter of electricity that is currently in your installation with a new advanced technology with remote management capability. You may rent or purchase property.

Over the next quarter, an operator authorized by Endesa will replace the counter that you have currently installed. For this purpose we will  communicate with you, by placing informational posters in common or easily visible areas, the date and the scheduled time of the change. You will not need to  be present during the replacement of the meter, but must provide access in the case of it being housed in the interior of the House. During the time required for the conduct of operations - such as maximum 30 minutes - supply will need to be interrupted.

Once the replacement, you will receive at home a letter confirming you that the process, carried out satisfactorily, and that already have you new meter, in the same way, in that letter, you will be informed of the reading of the previous counter at the time of his retirement.

The cost of the replacement shall be borne by Endesa and the new meter applies to, as it has been doing up to now, the regulatory rent according to electrical current that is 0.80 euros, and monthly rates before taxes. If you choose to purchase, contact us at the phone care Endesa w 902 509 600 electric distribution.

With this new system, in the near future, their bills will be based on monthly readings of consumption exact (avoiding the current system of estimates), it will have greater agility in the high, low, reconnections, modifications of power, and other numerous improvements associated with the big technological change resulting from the installation of the remote management.

Attached to this letter you will find a leaflet with additional information about the remote management and about the advantages and current and future possibilities offered by this system.

Thanking in advance for your collaboration, receive a cordial greeting.

If you need any clarification on this replacement or if you have any questions, you can do so contacting service phone customer Endesa electric 902 509 600 distribution or through the web channel www.endesadistribucion.com.

We are happy to assist you.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2012 2:07 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

That is really EXCELLENT news John!  I'm delighted to read that, as the estimates have often been bizarre for many people, and this will resolve that problem.  Mildly annoying for those of us who have JUST had a meter changed, but good news for the OP who can now hang on until the meter is changed, and hopefully then the cost of changing the contract to his name at the same time will be much lower.  Thanks for reposting that - yes I certainly missed it.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
19 Sep 2012 2:20 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Tamara
               Just to update it.

I did subsequently ,post that Endesa had in fact changed my meter, about a month ago.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wealth Tax to stay - 0 posts
Those who like to say, 'Rip Off Spain' - 0 posts
Looking for kids for fashionshoot in Almeria - 0 posts
Buying turf in Marbella area - 1 posts
Alicante / Condado del Alhama Taxi/Airport transfer - 1 posts
ADMINISTRATOR QUESTION RE AGM - 3 posts
Is Now The Time to Buy or Sell ?? - 258 posts
Adelson wants 40% of a municipal district for his Eurovegas !! - 0 posts
What is going on with Ryanair in Spain? - 48 posts
CAR INSURANCE SPAIN LINEA DIRECT - 39 posts
Agent advice - 2 posts
Should the UK have adopted the EURO ? - 1 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Renault Megan RX4 - 0 posts
Should my wife get medical cover based on my Social Security or her UK pension - 5 posts
Flat in Marbella! - 1 posts
Furnitire for sale, Costa del Sol - 0 posts
The new 3 month rule for registering - 5 posts
Planning application in spain - 5 posts
New Passport Procedures - 17 posts
Gas Inspection? - 7 posts
Presidents of communities - 11 posts
Pets and their control - 0 posts
IVA Increase in Spain - 12 posts
Weather forecasts on this site - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x