ADMINISTRATOR QUESTION RE AGM

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Sep 2012 12:10 PM by CostaBlade Star rating in Riviera. 114 posts Send private message

Hi everybody. Not often i need to turn to this forum for a bit of help, but today is one of those occasions.

I am President of our community and take the role seriously (as one should). I am fairly clued up on community issues and rules regarding horizontal law, but i cannot find the anser to this simple conundrum.

Some of our owners wish to change administrators (something i am nor adverse to myself as president) but i would like an open discussion at the AGM (which is only a few weeks away) regarding this issue. I want to ask our current administrator to leave the room while we hold this discussion as i do not want to turn the discussion into a slanging match with our administrator and owners, also i believe owners will speak more freely if the administrator is not present,  in other words i want to hear what the owners have to say first.

Our current administrator refuse to accept this situation and says they will not leave the room as they want a "right of reply". I have said they can have their say after the owners have had theirs (we obviously know our current administrators short comings anyway as we have employed them for the last 2 years) but as i said i am happy for them to have a right of reply, before we take a vote.

So my question is, can i ask them to leave the room during the discussion or do they have a right to stay in the meeting during the discussion ?

Thanks in anticipation Les

Like 0      
18 Sep 2012 1:05 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Seems the Admininistrator has talked himself out of a job. Sack him ASAP.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2012 1:18 PM by CostaBlade Star rating in Riviera. 114 posts Send private message

Thanks John, i knew you would reply with a sensible answer !!

That is probably what will happen. But is there anything in horisontal law that states "the administrator must stay with meeting at all times" (for instance, recording of minutes) Knowing our administrator if they were to stay in the room things would get rather "lively"

Not that the above would bother me, i am always up for a scrap where administrators are concerned !! Last year (under a different president) we had a four hour AGM due to bickering, i want to avoid that - and will !!!

Les

Like 0      
18 Sep 2012 1:46 PM by REIDPJ Star rating. 239 posts Send private message

I suppose it depends on whether they are acting as the Secretary as well.

If not, and if they are not an owner, then they have no right to attend the meeting.

If they are, then why don't you hold an informal meeting of owners, a few days before the AGM, to discus the issue.

Peter

This message was last edited by REIDPJ on 18/09/2012.

This message was last edited by REIDPJ on 18/09/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is Now The Time to Buy or Sell ?? - 258 posts
Adelson wants 40% of a municipal district for his Eurovegas !! - 0 posts
What is going on with Ryanair in Spain? - 48 posts
CAR INSURANCE SPAIN LINEA DIRECT - 39 posts
Agent advice - 2 posts
Should the UK have adopted the EURO ? - 1 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Renault Megan RX4 - 0 posts
Should my wife get medical cover based on my Social Security or her UK pension - 5 posts
Flat in Marbella! - 1 posts
Furnitire for sale, Costa del Sol - 0 posts
The new 3 month rule for registering - 5 posts
Planning application in spain - 5 posts
New Passport Procedures - 17 posts
Gas Inspection? - 7 posts
Presidents of communities - 11 posts
Pets and their control - 0 posts
IVA Increase in Spain - 12 posts
Weather forecasts on this site - 1 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance, claim before 21.9.12 - 20 posts
Ideas for nice towns between Malaga and Salobrena? - 3 posts
RHD in Spain - where do I get one - 5 posts
RHD for LHD Car - 2 posts
Long Term Let on Private Property (Landlords point of view) - 0 posts
Torrenueva, La Cala de Mijas, Malaga - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x