Statement card from Clinic??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Sep 2012 5:49 PM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

My Spanish speaking wife was watching a short programme on TV, that said that foreigners need to collect a statement card from their Clinic, which they must produce to the Pharmacist for completion, when they present their prescription list.

It would appear that the Spanish Government want to know how much each extranjero is costing to be treated medically?

I wondered if anyone has any concrete confirmation of this?

pilgrim

Like 0      
03 Sep 2012 7:24 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Never heard of that in Andalusia,  Maybe it is a Murcia thing. 

As we know each region can be different.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2012 7:30 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

I live in Murcia and collected my prescriptions from the medical centre last Friday and took them to the pharmacia same day No-one mentioned anything about a statement card

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 8:44 PM by casalinda Star rating in Las Alpujarras. 54 posts Send private message

I took my prescription from the Motril oncologist to the farmacia in Orgiva and only needed my healthcard (tarjeta sanitaria individual) to get the items.  Maybe if you don't have residence and this card the process is different.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2012 9:46 PM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

I also collected my prescriptions from the Clinic, with no sign of any card to take to the pharmacy.

I did not need even to show my healthcard. I am resident as well.

Maybe this was just scaremongering. There seems to be quite a lot of it from time to time!!

Apologies if my post caused concern, it was entirely unintentional.

pilgrim

Like 0      
21 Sep 2012 9:58 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This is just a thought.

In Andalucía the Health Service computer automatically makes the calculations of what  each patient must pay when they collect prescription drugs.  

I understand that in other regions the patient will be required to claim back any excess charges.

Is the ‘statement’ referred to part of the method adopted by that region to recover overpayments in that region ?

Like 0      
21 Sep 2012 10:21 AM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

That may possibly be correct?

I have discovered that it is going to be so complicated to recover the funds each six months (Murcia Province) that, wisely or not, I have decided to bite the bullet and not attempt recovery. It is not fortunes in my case anyway.

I understand you must keep the top part of the red prescription for each item, together with the receipt for each visit, take two photocopies, together with two photocopies of your passport, green residencia paper and health card. Each six months, these can be presented to either the Police or the Ayuntiamento for approval. What happen after that, God only knows, PHEW!!!

pilgrim

Like 0      
21 Sep 2012 10:23 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

' thank you Andalucia '  !!!!

Like 0      
21 Sep 2012 5:08 PM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

johnzx,

I just re-read your post re. calculations by computer.

Every red prescription paper I collect has the true cost, plus the 10% I need to pay typed on the sheet in black. All the Pharmacist does is charge me the 10%, which, if I follow the rules can claim back, which as I said, I will not bother to do.

I live here and am committed to this country, so, while the Spanish have to pay whatever percentage, so shall I, without argument. 

pilgrim

Like 0      
21 Sep 2012 5:18 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Pilgrim,
                       Yes that’s right we pay 10% of the cost up to the limit determined by our annual income.  In my case that is a max of 8 euros per month ,  just like everyone else in the system,  including Spaniards.

Incidentally,  I expect you know that UK nationals don’t get anything for free: The UK National Health Service pays £3,500 p.a.  for each of us.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 10:44 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Pilgrim

I live in Murcia as well as you and I have to pay UP TO 10% of the cost of the medication. I do not understand as to why some medicine is 10% of the cost and some is only 5%. One of my mediciments costs €88.90 for 28 tablets and the amount I pay is €4.13 whereas another item is €51.41 and I pay €5.14. As far as Murcia is concerned there is no €8.00 ceiling per month per person. Just be glad to be here and enjoy the way of life which is far better than 'the old country'.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 5:49 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Steone

As far as Murcia is concerned there is no €8.00 ceiling per month per person.

Everybody in the whole of Spain (including Murcia) who is the Spanish Social Heath System pays a percentage of the medicines prescribed by their GP.    It varies depending on which band you fall into with regard to amount you earn.

Thus, everybody who earns above a very small amount up to I believe it is 17,000 euros a year pays 10% up to a maximum of 8 euros per month.  Those who earn more pay more.

The only difference with Andalucía is that here the computer in the farmacia is programmed (from info provided by Haciendo) to cut off at the amount we each must pay, i.e. when our maximum is reached.  Elsewhere one must reclaim any amount which one pays over their maximum.  I believe there are regional variations as to how one does that.

I have no idea why you are being charged  5% and sometimes 10%  but I know that the chemist where you get your medication will know, so just ask them.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2012 8:42 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Some essential  medications, such as diabetic ones are very expensive and have a special tarrif. Actos is 111 euros a packet- my husband pays about 4 euros. I envy the fact that some pay no more once the cap has been reached.As said before, in Murcia  you just keep paying 10% of whatever it is. Some say they will not bother to claim the excess as its  not very much;mine come to 12 euros above the cap, and over time it mounts up, though I agree it would be a bureaucratic nightmare to reclaim it. Why can't they do it as in andalucia and automatically stop at the capped amount. Also, why don't they make it a rule that those on the health system, but not registered on the tax system, pay the full amount for their prescriptions. The tax office missed a trick here. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ANYONE HEARD OF THIS GROUP - 1 posts
Responsible rental coordinator, house minder Costa Brava area - 0 posts
What day should wages be paid in. - 2 posts
F.A.O.JUSTIN - 2 posts
informing spain that my car is now on french plates - 4 posts
Ryanair again - 6 posts
Lloyd TSB / Santander etc. UK and Spain current accounts - 43 posts
electro card meter - 0 posts
LIVING FOR 3 MONTHS AT A TIME IN sPAIN - 34 posts
price for free sat dish supplied and fitted - 5 posts
So what is the temperature at night? - 12 posts
still confused with RESIDENCIA rules - 31 posts
banking reform - 2 posts
NIE EX15 or Certificate of Residency EX18 ? - 3 posts
Satellite dishes the law ? - 15 posts
Murcia? - 13 posts
fire raging at the moment - 15 posts
PRIVATE OWNED SPANISH CARS FOR SALE - 12 posts
University student moving to Spain - 1 posts
Looking for large property to rent and moving from Uk to Spain help :) - 2 posts
car hire - 0 posts
Just moved to Spain - How to register - 8 posts
Linking Paypal to spanish bank account - anyone done this? - 17 posts
Aifos - 0 posts
Paralympic streams - for updating satellite receivers. UK TV Costa Blanca - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x