Just moved to Spain - How to register

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Aug 2012 4:26 PM by rockinrodders Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

We have just moved to spain permanently after living overseas. We own a house which we bought last year and have NIE numbers etc.

I am getting so much conflicting information on residencia/ social security etc that we are going round in circles.

We have been to the foreign residents office and showed them passports, deeds, NIE etc and have now been issued a Volante de Empadronamiento colectivo certificate. We were not asked for proof of earnings, insurance etc which I believed we would be, due to the new rules.

What else is required of us? Do we need residencia or is that something of the past? How do we get social security numbers etc?

We would like to sign my Daughter up for nursery next term and sign onto the healthcare system. I will be starting a new job in Gibratar in a few weeks but as yet have no proof earnings/contributions to SS etc, although when I start I will be electing to send the contributions to spain.

Help much appreciated. I have searched this and many other forums but found conflicting outdated info.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 5:03 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I will be starting a new job in Gibratar in a few weeks but as yet have no proof earnings/contributions to SS etc, although when I start I will be electing to send the contributions to spain.

What do you mean by "electing to send the contributions to Spain"?  If you are talking about social security contributions, then that can't be done.  What you can get is the S1 form from Gibraltar that entitles you and your dependents to healthcare in Spain on the same basis as Spanish nationals.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 5:09 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The registration process is explained in several  threads.  One is :-    “Registering on the EU Citizens Register (replaced the Residencia) The form in English”

This is an extract from that thread:-

This is from the thread   “Latest info re EU Citizen Registration (formerly Residencia)”

This is the latest info regarding the requirements for EU Citizen Registration. 

At present I have no knowledge how the system is or will work in practice,

DOCUMENTACIÓN ACREDITATIVA PARA CERTIFICADO DE REGISTRO

1. Copia de pasaporte o documento nacional de identidad, válido y en vigor, del solicitante o copia de los mismos caducados y de la solicitud de renovación. 2. Tasa pagada (10.30 euros)

3. Los documentos que a continuación se detallan según los casos:

TRABAJADOR CUENTA AJENA.- Uno de los siguientes documentos: - Declaración de contratación del empleador

Incluyendo nombre de la empresa, C.I.F. de la empresa, Código Cuenta Cotización en la SS de la empresa.

- Certificado de empleo

- Contrato de trabajo registrado en el S.P. Empleo - Alta en la SS

O bien consentimiento para la comprobación de datos en los ficheros de la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social.

TRABAJADOR CUENTA PROPIA.- Uno de los siguientes documentos:

- Inscripción en el censo de actividades económicas.

- Inscripción del establecimiento mercantil en el Registro Mercantil. - Alta en la SS

O bien consentimiento para la comprobación de datos en los ficheros de la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social.

NO TRABAJA.- Todos los documentos siguientes:

- Seguro de enfermedad con cobertura durante su período de residencia equivalente a la proporcionada por el Sistema Nacional de Salud (pensionistas será suficiente con documento que acredite que tienen derecho a asistencia con cargo al Estado que le paga la pensión).

- Prueba de recursos suficientes (mínimo 5.007,81 euros)

ESTUDIANTES.

­Posibilidad 1:·         Matrícula

·         Seguro de enfermedad o tarjeta sanitaria europea válida durante todo el período de residencia.

·         Declaración de que posee recursos suficientes.

Posibilidad 2:      Acreditación de ser participante en UE de intercambio educativo

ENGLISH TRANSLATION  (by Bing)

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION

1. Copy of passport or national identity card, valid and in force, of the applicant or copy of the same expired and the application for renewal. 2 Rate paid (10.30 euros) xx

3. The documents listed below as appropriate:

WORKER  employed

-one of the following documents:-20th employer recruitment statement

Including company name, CIF of the company code account trading on the SS of the company.

-Certificate of employment

-Contract work registered in the employment S.P. - high in the SS

Either consent to the verification of data in the files of the General Treasury of the Social Security.

WORKER, self employed .- 

one of the following documents:

-Registration on the Census of economic activities.

-Registration of the mercantile establishment in the mercantile registry. -High in the SS

Either consent to the verification of data in the files of the General Treasury of the Social Security.

NOT working.              -all of the following documents:

-Health coverage during their period of residence equivalent to that provided by the national system of health insurance

(pensioners will be accepted with documentation that certifies they are entitled to medical assistance, paid by the State which pays the pension).

-Proof of sufficient resources (minimum 5.007,81 EUR)

ESTUDIANTES.

Method 1:

• Registration

• Insurance of sickness or European health insurance card valid throughout the period of residence.

Declaration that he has sufficient financial resources.

Method 2:

Accreditation to be member in EU educational exchange

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 5:13 PM by rockinrodders Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Thanks Sanchez. I read previously that when paying social security contributions in Gib, but living in Spain, you were supposed to fill out some form that elected to pay the contributions you had made in Gib to Spain. Presumably this was referring to the S1 form that you mention, but the other persons understanding was incorrect.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 5:33 PM by rockinrodders Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Thanks for the cut and paste Johnzx, but doesn't really help with my questions.

Do I need residencia? We have registered on the foreign residents register and other sites seem to say that the residencia has been abolished.

We will not be working in Spain and will not have employment contracts listing CIF etc as the company I will be working for are based in Gibraltar. Plus I have not started work yet so will not have the health insurance in place until I commence in a few weeks.

We have already been here nearly 3 months including holiday so will they expect us to leave soon?

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 5:38 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

From what you say you have registered on the 'Empadrone' at the town hall, you have not registered on the EU Citizen’s  Register, as per the pasted info.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 8:24 PM by rockinrodders Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Thanks, so which one is required to apply for nursery places register for social security contributions etc?

My local government Manilva tells me this is all done with the Padron cert, if so what is the EU citizens register for or is it just a formal hoop to jump through?

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 8:29 PM by rockinrodders Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Thanks, so which one is required to apply for nursery places register for social security contributions etc?

My local government Manilva tells me this is all done with the Padron cert, if so what is the EU citizens register for or is it just a formal hoop to jump through?

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 9:57 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If a person spends, or intends to spend, a total of 90 days permanently in Spain they are required to register on the EU Citizens Register (at a National Police Documentation Office).   Once registered they are tax resident in Spain.

If one spends a total 183 days or more in any year in Spain, they are tax resident.

It would appear that this will apply to your wife, but as you will be working in Gib, I am not sure how that applies to you. There is info on cross border working but you will need to find in on the internet of elsewhere.  Maybe your new employer in Gib or a co-worker will know.  They should also be able to help regarding social security etc.

I do not know for sure about children attending school etc, but I believe that being on the Padron is what is required.  Maybe you could ask at the school you are interested in.

What is the EU registration? 

It is the Spanish law.  

I would suggest you do not start off here suspecting ‘you are being made to jump through hoops’.    Complying with the law of the country in which one lives is the norm, or at least, should be.

Enjoy Spain.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 31/08/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Linking Paypal to spanish bank account - anyone done this? - 17 posts
Aifos - 0 posts
Paralympic streams - for updating satellite receivers. UK TV Costa Blanca - 0 posts
CAR FOR SALE - 0 posts
Centauro Full/ Full from Murcia - 2 posts
Back-dated Endesa rate. - 21 posts
Security systems - 7 posts
Long-term rental required - 26 posts
Deregister Residencia and Healthcare in order to return to UK - 9 posts
Charges for not taking their Insurance - 10 posts
PETITION: To restore responsible buying and selling of property in Spain - 31 posts
Royal Air Forces Association - 0 posts
no touristy information on Murcia - 3 posts
Need ifo on schools - 0 posts
Warning re Insurance Broker - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Looking for apartment - 2 posts
Modifying a Car in Spain , some clarification from experts required - 64 posts
Iberswitch - 0 posts
Accessing Bankia Account from UK...getting desperate! - 15 posts
Address on NIE/ Social security - 9 posts
Suggestions on a Postcard to... - 1 posts
Best place to buy a new TV - 13 posts
Corvera airport revisited - 1 posts
Belmonteinternational - 0 posts
Would like to watch English speaking TV - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x