informing spain that my car is now on french plates

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Sep 2012 9:25 AM by drumshade Star rating in Alozaina malaga. 9 posts Send private message

can any one tell me how to inform spain that my car is now on french plates so i stop getting tax bills the french have kept all my spanish papper work thanks for any help ken

Like 0      
03 Sep 2012 9:39 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I assume you are no longer living in Spain (if you are resident, either by having an EU citizen registration, or because one of the other criteria applying)  then you can only drive a Spanish registered vehicle).

In your case I would suggest  you go to a Gestor (there are many to be found in ‘high Streets’).  They will charge you a small amount to resolve the problems.

You can do it yourself, but unless you are prepared to make the journey to Trafico and collate all you need, it is not really worth the hassle.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2012 10:27 AM by drumshade Star rating in Alozaina malaga. 9 posts Send private message

i am now living in france but still have house in spain its a long way to go to sort out is there not an online form 

Like 0      
03 Sep 2012 2:21 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sorry, I don't know.,  But I would have thought that notifying Trafico that the vehicle was to be put on French plates would have been part of that process.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2012 2:28 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

It is not as easy as you think. You are meant to de-register the vehicle off of spanish plates USING THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS before it leaves.  There is no means of doing it on-line. even if the Freench have sent the documents back Trafico are hardly likely to find them ! A gestoria is your best bet  .

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ryanair again - 6 posts
Lloyd TSB / Santander etc. UK and Spain current accounts - 43 posts
electro card meter - 0 posts
LIVING FOR 3 MONTHS AT A TIME IN sPAIN - 34 posts
price for free sat dish supplied and fitted - 5 posts
So what is the temperature at night? - 12 posts
still confused with RESIDENCIA rules - 31 posts
banking reform - 2 posts
NIE EX15 or Certificate of Residency EX18 ? - 3 posts
Satellite dishes the law ? - 15 posts
Murcia? - 13 posts
fire raging at the moment - 15 posts
PRIVATE OWNED SPANISH CARS FOR SALE - 12 posts
University student moving to Spain - 1 posts
Looking for large property to rent and moving from Uk to Spain help :) - 2 posts
car hire - 0 posts
Just moved to Spain - How to register - 8 posts
Linking Paypal to spanish bank account - anyone done this? - 17 posts
Aifos - 0 posts
Paralympic streams - for updating satellite receivers. UK TV Costa Blanca - 0 posts
CAR FOR SALE - 0 posts
Centauro Full/ Full from Murcia - 2 posts
Back-dated Endesa rate. - 21 posts
Security systems - 7 posts
Long-term rental required - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x