Murcia?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Aug 2012 2:54 AM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

I've been to the Costa del Sol, Costa Tropical and Alicante region plenty of times and want to try out a new area in spain in October. I'm looking at flying to Murcia and therefore can anyone suggest any places to stay within an hours drive?

I'm looking for a town with plenty of local restaurants (tapas) and bars, this can be inland or on the coast but I'm looking for a place that has a spanish feel to it (i.e. rather than an english feel!). I will be booking a privately owned place, not into hotels, so looking for a good spanish town that will be nice to go out in at night and within distance of other places to visit. Any ideas would be really appreciated!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 5:00 AM by prospain Star rating in Spain & Hong Kong. 38 posts Send private message

prospain´s avatar

Umm! A bit tricky this one. You could try www.holidaylettings.co.uk/costa-blanca-valencia/adate1.4627/adate2.4627/ but unfortunatly there are only 2,653 properties to choose from. Perhaps you could carry out an advertising campaign in the Costa Blanca News or email every letting agent in the area.

Good luck  with this difficult task and lets hope you find what you are looking for.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 6:48 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Águilas on the coast or Lorca, inland.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 9:02 AM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

hi

there are so many places if you want to be by the coast try Santiago de Riberia or inland Torre Pacheco neither too big but with good spanish restaurants and within easy reach of lots of other places if you want a city try Cartegena lots of history and very spanish have a look at the website discovercostacalida.info as they have lots of stuff on the whole area

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 9:19 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

take a look at Corvera certainy fits the bill

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 9:43 AM by REIDPJ Star rating. 239 posts Send private message

You wouldn't go far wrong if you visited Puerto de Mazarrón

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 10:35 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

The only place for you then is the stunning  coastal town Águilas with it´s popular harbours and new marina.  Travel 25km inland and you are in the equally lovely historic town of Lorca with it´s ancient Castle and artisan shops.

Best of all no Brit shops and rare to hear a Brit voice even in the height of summer.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 2:26 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone, will look into those towns. I think Prospain got the wrong idea, I'm looking for 'towns' not specific houses! I can do that myself but just need to narrow the search down to nice towns that would suit!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 2:50 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

eosvip-trans

Emjharts are you a fluent Spanish speaker? Because you won’t get much change in an inland Spanish village.

eossupporter-trans

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 3:11 PM by fairview Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Los Alcazares - many restaurants etc... 

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 3:13 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Basura.......Fluent Spanish isn´t necessary unless dealing with a Government official. Especially  so when one is on vacation. Just the very basics are required because you would be surprised just how many Spanish understand, if not actually speak, English these days. 

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 5:44 PM by mmbc Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Roda golf and beach resort in Los alcazares is beautiful and there's loads of restaurants etc.. Plus only 10 mins from airport!!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 6:25 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Potblack, I do actually speak Spanish, however, as Floella says, even when I have stayed in mountain villages before almost everyone spoke english! I was actually told off by a spanish waiter for speaking to him in Spanish as he spoke to me in English and wanted me to respond! Anyway, the question wasn't about whether I speak spanish, it was about ideas of towns to stay in!

Like 0      
01 Sep 2012 1:11 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

eosvip-trans

Um emjharts do you know popadom71 see thread ‘’Long-term rental required’’

eossupporter-trans

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

fire raging at the moment - 15 posts
PRIVATE OWNED SPANISH CARS FOR SALE - 12 posts
University student moving to Spain - 1 posts
Looking for large property to rent and moving from Uk to Spain help :) - 2 posts
car hire - 0 posts
Just moved to Spain - How to register - 8 posts
Linking Paypal to spanish bank account - anyone done this? - 17 posts
Aifos - 0 posts
Paralympic streams - for updating satellite receivers. UK TV Costa Blanca - 0 posts
CAR FOR SALE - 0 posts
Centauro Full/ Full from Murcia - 2 posts
Back-dated Endesa rate. - 21 posts
Security systems - 7 posts
Long-term rental required - 26 posts
Deregister Residencia and Healthcare in order to return to UK - 9 posts
Charges for not taking their Insurance - 10 posts
PETITION: To restore responsible buying and selling of property in Spain - 31 posts
Royal Air Forces Association - 0 posts
no touristy information on Murcia - 3 posts
Need ifo on schools - 0 posts
Warning re Insurance Broker - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Looking for apartment - 2 posts
Modifying a Car in Spain , some clarification from experts required - 64 posts
Iberswitch - 0 posts
Accessing Bankia Account from UK...getting desperate! - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x