costs of monthly medicines

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jul 2012 2:07 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

I have just collected my monthly medicines. I have got a receipt from the farmacia which shows the 'true' costs and the actual amount I had to pay as a pensioner. I will not name that actual medicines but here are the two prices:-

Real Cost                    Amount paid

1       88.90                            4.13

2        51.41                           5.14

3        18.42                           1.84

4         2.26                            0.23

5        12.18                           1.22

6          8.60                            0.86

7         10.26                          1.03

Totals   183.03                   14.45

As you can see there is not an equal amount that one pays in relation to the real costs although it looks like on most items it is 10%.   Anyhow I, for one, do not mind paying €15 per month for my meds.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2012 2:46 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Depending on your annual income, you have a monthly limit of €8, €18 or €60 (these last limit applies only if your pension exceeds 100,000 euros per year.

It seems that every regional government will use different ways to apply the limit.  In Andalusia, they say the system is prepared to stop charging you when your limit is reached.  Others say they will refund the excess over the limit in a few months.  If you live in Santiago, you should check what the Murcia government is doing.

If you are entitled to the €8 limit, make sure you follow whatever procedure has been set up by your regional government to get the excess back.

Most pensioners are expected to be withitn the €18 monthly limit.  If this is your case, then you will have to pay €15 per month up to €18 if you are prescribed further meds in the same month.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Trendy Barbers - 0 posts
Villa Rental - 1 posts
Healthy in Spain - 2 posts
Selling my property to my UK business partner - 4 posts
onee off payment for internet - 0 posts
Re-mortgages - 2 posts
Log Burners Help - 17 posts
Corvera Airport - 8 posts
A question for those who are legally minded - 0 posts
Duty Free - 2 posts
Exchange rate if Euro collapses - 72 posts
Help I need a good solicitor!!! - 9 posts
cous cous - 1 posts
pool bits,,,, - 0 posts
Contents of 3 bed apartment for sale urgently - 5 posts
AFOS - 0 posts
Aifos latest con - 7 posts
Community Administrators - 43 posts
Good evening everyone - 7 posts
How do you query a bill/report a possible leak with Aguas de Murcia (EMUASA)? - 8 posts
VAN HIRE TO SPAIN - 5 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL TAXATION - 6 posts
Tarragona???? - 1 posts
Royal Air Forces Association Dinner Dance - 0 posts
Pool problem - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x