VICTORY FOR FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP LAWSUIT 2 IN FIRST INSTANCE COURT IN HELLÍN

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Aug 2012 1:35 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Emotions run high on this topic and sadly the realities relating to timeframes to achieve true justice appear to vary significantly across Spain. What is needed is for us all, Spanish and foreign nationals alike, to work together to improve and pressure the Spanish Government and their Justice Department to recognise the words of the World Justice Project who have indicated “the rule of law is essential to thriving communities and to the success of virtually all fields of endeavour”.

We now have to wait and judge the realities to the enforcement of this ruling against the CAM Bank and developer, but we should not underestimate the research, the effort and genuine determination that have gone into this case by all concerned.

It is essential to remain focused however on the fact that TIMELY and consistent enforcement of the rule of law and consumer confidence are inextricably interlinked.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2012 3:38 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

UPDATE – BANCO CAM (SabadellCAM) PAYS 1,494,710€ TO THE COURT BANK ACCOUNT

We have just been informed that following the filing of our Provisional Execution/Enforcement Demand on 18 July 2012 in relation to our Lawsuit, Banco CAM has today paid the 1,494,710€ to the Court Bank account. This is the principal amount of the deposits claimed in our Lawsuit.

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
01 Aug 2012 3:48 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Congratulations! One more step ahead!

María

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Aug 2012 4:11 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Fantastic news.... well done all.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2012 5:32 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

That's brilliant news!

Slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 12:08 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Yipee!!!!!!!!

and many congratulations, will the money be safe there?

Norman

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 12:21 PM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

Very good news, Keith. Another step along the way.

Just to clarify – will the Court now release the money to Costa Luz Lawyers who can then pass it on to all claimants?  Or since CAM has appealed does the Court hold the money until that result is heard?

There are repercussions either way, so I’m still holding my breath for you. And for me, if I’m honest. I’m not wishing to be a Cassandra but a realist.  

This journey is so hard. But you have done, and are still doing, a great job.

Ruth

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 12:28 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Thanks Sandra, Ads & María.

Norman - yes I am sure it will be safe in the Courts Banesto Account for a week or so until we arrange for the transfer of the funds to a group account with our Lawyers.

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 12:37 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Ruth

Your post came up while I was replying to Sandra, Ads, María and Norman.

Yes we are currently arranging for the money to be released from the Court into a 'group account' at Costa Luz Lawyers.  The group members then have the choice to have their individual part transferred to an account of their choice or to leave it in the group account pending the result of the appeal.

For those who choose to leave their money in the group account they will get the benefit of interest on the lump sum paid to each individual on a pro-rata basis.

God forbid, if we lost the appeal then the money must be paid back to the Court.  So all members of the group are fully aware that if they take possession of their money then they will be responsible for paying it back to the court if the appeal was lost.

Ruth, like you I am a realist.  We have the money.......but only on an 'interim' basis pending the result of the appeal.

But......so far so good................

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 12:41 PM by Margaret and Charlie Star rating in Scotland. 34 posts Send private message

Many congratulations Keith on your money being deposited I am sure it is as safe as houses (if you pardon the pun).

Can you tell me if the Judge threw out the appeal by the CAM or did they capitulate.  Also will this make any case law seeing it never went to the appeal court..

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 12:53 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Margaret & Charlie

No, the appeal has not been thrown out.  The appeal will be heard by the Appeal Court in Albacete.  We expect the decision within one year.

What we have done is 'provisionally enforce' the First Instance Court Judgment.  In that Judgment the Bank and Developer were convicted jointly and severally to refund the deposits.

Of course, the developer never paid, so Banco CAM had to.

That is why I refer to us as 'having possession of our money on an interim basis pending the result of the Appeal'.

But this is a big step forward and it is good that Banco CAM (SabadellCAM) has paid the money after we 'provisionally enforced' the First Instance Judgment.

Either way - in our favour or in favour of Banco CAM - the Appeal decision will create Case Law!

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 12:53 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Interim or not it is still very exciting and vindication of all your efforts,very well done.

Hope springs eternal

all the best

Norman

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 1:13 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I sincerely hope that it only takes a year Keith. As you know we had to wait 3 and a half years to gain a successful resolution against our developer appeal and still we await the court's acceptance of our lawsuit against the Bank who provided a generic Bank Guarantee. Timely enforcement of law should not be a "postcode lottery", hence my focus on the need for consistent and timely enforcement of law in Spain.

I hope you don't mind me adding this word of caution as I trust you know that I have every respect for you and Costa Luz, but we have to tackle this timeframe problem for trust to be re-established in Spain.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 1:32 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Hi Ads

I understand what you say.  Our Procurator told us that cases in the Albacete Appeal Court are normally heard within 2 months to 1 year.  So based on that I am saying 1 year.

The speed of the Appeal being heard is really down to how busy the relevant Court is.  The Albacete Appeal Court is, I suppose, considerably less busy than Appeal Courts in Malaga, Madrid, Murcia etc.

Kind regards

Keith

This message was last edited by Keith110 on 02/08/2012.

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 1:44 PM by ChrisBW Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi Keith,

Let me add my congratulations to the other's!!

" Yes we are currently arranging for the money to be released from the Court into a 'group account' at Costa Luz Lawyers.  The group members then have the choice to have their individual part transferred to an account of their choice or to leave it in the group account pending the result of the appeal.

For those who choose to leave their money in the group account they will get the benefit of interest on the lump sum paid to each individual on a pro-rata basis."

Have I understood you correctly, that you and the other members of the group have the option to have their deposites put into an account of their choice - e.g. back into their own account in the UK - with the risk that they might have to give it back if the unthinkable happens? OR leave it with Costa luz and earn interest on it? Is this your legal right, or something you have pre-arranged with Maria?

Many thanks,

Chris

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 1:53 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thank you Keith, it sounds more hopeful for an appeal resolution in your area. Good luck.

Maria, may I ask is there any way that we (lawyers and clients alike) can call for greater resource to be made available to clear the backlog of cases in those specific problem areas that continue to compromise the actual enforcement of law in Spain?  To your knowledge, have for instance complaints on behalf of clients been formally placed to the relevant Justice departments, so as to add to the statistical data reviewed by the World Justice Project, or are these realities/statistics being hidden from view?

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 2:07 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Hi Chris

Thanks.  Yes, you have understood correctly.  It is our legal right.  BUT....anyone who has the money transferred to their own account in the UK or anywhere else fully understands the situation if we lost the Appeal.

They would be under a legal obligation to pay the money back to the Court.  If they failed to do this then it would be a criminal offence and the Court in Spain would probably use an EEO (European Enforcement Order) via a Court in the UK to take criminal action against that person.

So the message is clear - if you take the money - earn the interest, but keep it safe at least until the result of the Appeal is known.

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 2:13 PM by ChrisBW Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Thank you very much for this information. And the fact that the bank has appealled has on bearing on this right?

Many thanks again,

Chris

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 2:19 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

If the Bank had not appealed then the money would have been ours to keep.

As the Bank has appealed then we have 'interim or provisional' possession of the money pending the result of the Appeal.

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
02 Aug 2012 2:57 PM by ChrisBW Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi Keith,

That is of course very true. That was a bit of a stupid question.

I don't mean to push, but are you 100% sure of this right? Would Maria or another lawyer also care to confirm this? As, if this is true then it has some very serious implications for my family's situation.

Also, but if you exchange your deposit into £ and the euro continues to devalvue, then even if you do have to return it, you could gain some money back. It's a gamble, though, the exchange rate could go the other way again.

Cheers,

Chris

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

MURCIA AIRPORT Dont Book GOLD CAR - 10 posts
Electric Heater/Gas Bottle/Bikes - 0 posts
Gar Bottle - 0 posts
Alloy fold up Bike - 2 posts
Community fee debt on repossessed property - 2 posts
Moving in Soon - 3 posts
Bank Charges La Caixa ... - 3 posts
Town hall rate's - 5 posts
How Are Things in Your Area? - 57 posts
Interior decorating costs? - 6 posts
- 0 posts
COSTA LUZ LAWYERS DID IT AGAIN! - 3 posts
Unlocked Mobile Phones - 2 posts
internet help - 4 posts
Hello from barcelona - 2 posts
How to find out which company has brought the unsold apartments at auction. - 12 posts
New "kid on the block" - 4 posts
moving my mother to spain - 39 posts
transferring money - 30 posts
3% Tax? - 27 posts
WANTED: 4 Bed Long Term Property to Rent (1-3 years) Maybe Rent To Buy - 1 posts
Summer again!! - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE 4 X 4 MECHANIC - 2 posts
Europocar hidden extras? - 6 posts
London Olympics good for Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 263

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x