Changeover costs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2012 8:44 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

We pay 70 euros for a full TURNAROUND service for a two bed two bath apartment

I KNOW we could get it for  CHEAPER but personally I WOULD rather pay for a BETTER job

In 6 years we have never HAD a problem with our CLEANERS/MANAGER  and I know of some other OWNERS who have changed companies SEVERAL times BECAUSE of poor GUEST feedback

Rod

Like 0      
17 Mar 2012 9:49 PM by paris Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Roy are you the same Roy  that  Polaris World  what not let onto any of  there resorts a few years ago???

Like 0      
17 Mar 2012 9:51 PM by paris Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Roy are you the same Roy  that  Polaris World  would  not let onto any of there resorts a few years ago???

This message was last edited by paris on 17/03/2012.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2012 2:13 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

20 Mar 2012 2:41 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Poppyseed that is interesting. 

I should be interested to hear from anyone who has actually made an income tax return in Spain in relation to rental income and been successful in claiming such allowances? 

And, if so,   what they claimed for and how they proved the ligitimacy of the costs.  I presume cleaning and caretaking, by people who do not declare the income, don't pay Social Security etc. would not be included !!

I ask because I have friends who have been repeatedly told that they cannot claim anything.

This message was last edited by elaineG on 20/03/2012.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2012 6:39 PM by Abyss_Rover Star rating in Mallorca. 72 posts Send private message

Surely, if a business is abiding by the law and providing a good service. Are they not entitled to pay their staff well and make some profit for themselves?

If not, maybe they should all go back to the UK and rent out their holiday home (usually to cover the repayments) and pocket the income. They can then come onto forums and complain:

Question, Why should someone else earn money and NOT pay tax on it.

Reason, Just because we do it to subsidise our purchase?

Question, Why can't a fully legal business pay their staff minimum wage, use inferiour products and make very little profit.

Reason, So we can make as much as possible from renting our holiday home. And complain about their work.

Do I need to go on?

www.finditfme.com The new, advanced way to find what you are looking for.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2012 8:26 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Jarvi wrote;

If you were to get a cleaner in the UK to clean your home you would get ppl queuing up for the job even if you paid minimum wage. At current rates that would be around £26 for 4 hours work or about  22 euros. (Are the wages 100% higher in Spain?). I think I might start a national cleaning company in Spain and undercut them all.

Most spanish women cleaners here are paid, between 7-10€ per hour. They will normally be doing 2/3 hrs cleaning in different apartments on a daily basis. Most around here earn between 4-600€ per week & are self-employed , but they don't have to pay the 270+€ per month soc.sec. as the government established a low cost scheme specifically for them many years ago. The payment is very low, something like 30€ per month , which took in to account the miserly pay /multiple apatment,houses they had to do on a daily basis. They've gone from being poorly paid to some of the best wages now!

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2012 5:55 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Jarvi when you say cleaners only pay  a  very low tax, something like 30€ per month, would this be if they was emplyed ( working for a company)  of self employed  ?

Like 0      
25 Apr 2012 6:56 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

I would check with your building regulations.  Some people in our apartments have rented out using internet site and the holiday makers have been a pain the neck for the other residents.  Lots of noise, make a mess around the pool etc.  They are there on holiday and want to do whatever they want, and don't even realise that other people live in the block pemanently.  The whole thing caused lots of bad feeling...also, the apartment that was rented did get some damage, especially to things like sunbeds, parasols.

Alyson

Like 0      
12 Jan 2022 12:05 PM by colinian Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Think javi is about as good at maths as he is at running a cleaning business if he thinks 26 pounds is 22 euros

Like 0      
13 Jan 2022 6:33 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Whilst colinian points out a mistake made with the monetary values the wrong way round 10 years ago. Really...

Like 3      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Real Murcia FC - 8 posts
Satellite Dish, dual LNB for sale - 8 posts
Im looking for LADDERS - 0 posts
I am writing an article for a rental website entitled: Hotels Vs. Villas - 6 posts
Hola! Just a simple introduction - 7 posts
gas heaters - 6 posts
Postal rates from Spain to Uk and Europe - 2 posts
Bilbao Hotel - 1 posts
Martinez Echavarria Almeria - 3 posts
Mobile Catering Units - any got any experience good or bad? - 5 posts
Classic car Or Mercedes SL ==WANTED== - 3 posts
New car - 4 posts
Outgoings help required - 6 posts
Learning to fly in Murcia - 1 posts
HIGH INTEREST INVESTMENTS - 83 posts
Advice needed urgently please re spanish mortage offer - 29 posts
Do I need a licence? - 5 posts
Private Messages - 1 posts
English football with a 3 oclock kick off - 2 posts
Atalaya golf share - 1 posts
EGM and who can vote - 18 posts
Roda (Golf and Beach Resort) Furniture Package for Sale - 0 posts
Solar Power on Communities - 23 posts
English channels. - 3 posts
EUC (Residnents committe) meeting debacle - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x