Outgoings help required

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by diverdan Star rating in Scotland / Greenock .... 119 posts Send private message

Help please!

We have an apartment in Andalucía. It is a newish place. My question is what exactly should I be paying?

Basura

Wealth Tax

IBI Rates – we have had different opinions on this one as some people insist you should wait till the casteral value for your house has been determined and the IBI demanded before you pay it while other people are paying it already.

Community Charge

Anything else?

It would be good to get some direction so that when we approach a gestor we have an idea of what we should be paying for.

How much does a gestor charge – any indication would be good.

Thanks for all your help.

Looking forward to a long retirement in the sun..........

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 11:27 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Diverdan

Basura 
That is determined by the town hall. They produce a bill

Wealth Tax 
Unless you are talking about an incredibly luxurious home, in effect it no longer exists

IBI Rates – we have had different opinions on this one as some people insist you should wait till the casteral value for your house has been determined and the IBI demanded before you pay it while other people are paying it already.
That is determined by the town hall. They produce a bill.  I don't believe you can pay it before that.

Community Charge  
That is determined by the community and they will tell you.

Anything else?   
If you are non resident then you will also have to pay the Non-Residents Property tax. More or less 0.5% of the catastral value, or the declared price in the Escritura, which ever is the higher. If you are resident then income tax on your worldwide assets (with a couple of exceptions, including a government employee pension, this is not OAP, and property which you let in another country)

It would be good to get some direction so that when we approach a gestor we have an idea of what we should be paying for. 
A gestor will probably advise you for free

How much does a gestor charge – any indication would be good. 
Again, depends how lucky / unlucky you are with choosing the gestor, Ask around.  example.  I am resident and pay 40 euros for a full tax return for my wife and myself.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 5:08 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

A note on IBI bills.

With new properties it can sometimes take 2 or 3 years before you receive your first bill, but you have to pay for every year you've owned the property.  So after three years you may get your first bill which is for three years worth of IBI.

Also, it's a good idea to check with the town hall to see if they have your address correct on their system as sometimes they still have the original "developer" address and not the actual proper address.  They then try and send you your IBI bill to an address which doesn't really exist any more and the postman won't deliver it to you, even if they know what the respective new address is.

So probably a good idea just to check the IBI office does have your correct address.

Just speaking from experience here

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Mar 2012 9:33 AM by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

Whilst wealth tax is now only computed on the higher value properties - do not forget that if you are NON-RESIDENT you still have the obligation to file an annual tax return and pay imputed rental charge on your property. This is calculated on the catestral value of your property.

If you only have 1 property you can file this yourself - BUT - most use a gestor or simlar to do it for them.

Margery

www.losarqueros.iowners.net  and www.calahondapark.iowners.net

Like 0      
12 Mar 2012 1:01 PM by Kerlinda1 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 12/03/2012.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2012 1:04 PM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

I would have thought a professional writer would be able to spell.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2012 1:47 PM by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

Needs a little help with grammar too!!

Margery

www.losarqueros.iowners.net  and www.calahondapark.iowners.net

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Learning to fly in Murcia - 1 posts
HIGH INTEREST INVESTMENTS - 83 posts
Advice needed urgently please re spanish mortage offer - 29 posts
Do I need a licence? - 5 posts
Private Messages - 1 posts
English football with a 3 oclock kick off - 2 posts
Atalaya golf share - 1 posts
EGM and who can vote - 18 posts
Roda (Golf and Beach Resort) Furniture Package for Sale - 0 posts
Solar Power on Communities - 23 posts
English channels. - 3 posts
EUC (Residnents committe) meeting debacle - 0 posts
information wanted about Energysaversspain please.save up to 30% on electricity? - 4 posts
transfer onto spanish plates - 3 posts
Lawyrs fees on claiming back Capitol gains tax - 5 posts
UK or Spanish Mortgage? - 1 posts
Generic Bank Guarantee's - 24 posts
Stroppy Tenant - 6 posts
Kindle with 3G - 17 posts
Standing Charges - 4 posts
high chair - 0 posts
travel cot - 0 posts
A question for Justin re Blog comments - 3 posts
Mobile Internet - 14 posts
Claiming back IVA in UK or Spain for refurbishment - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x