Hola! Just a simple introduction

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by ells1982 Star rating in Surrey, United Kingd.... 4 posts Send private message

Hello, my name is Elliott, 29 and living in the UK but go on holiday to Spain each year as love the country and the weather mainly. I am going back again this year and staying in a rented villa in Colmenar near Malaga for 2 weeks in October. I have never been to see a bull fight and would like to. Does any one know if there will be one between 8th - 22nd october 2012 somewhere near Malaga?

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 8:13 PM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

THINK YOU WILL FIND THEY HAVE BEEN BANNED EXCEPT IN CATLUNYA

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 8:16 PM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

From Wikipedia, other way around, banned in Cataluñya but not in rest of spain.

On 18 December 2009, the parliament of Catalonia, one of Spain's seventeen Autonomous Communities, approved by majority the preparation of a law to ban bullfighting in Catalonia, as a response to a popular initiative against bullfighting that gathered more than 180,000 signatures.[56]On 28 July 2010, with the two main parties allowing their members a free vote, the ban was passed 68 to 55, with 9 abstentions. This meant Catalonia became the second Community of Spain (first was Canary Islands in 1991), and the first on the mainland, to ban bullfighting. The ban took effect on 1 January 2012, and only affects the one remaining functioning Catalonian bullring, the Plaza de toros Monumental de Barcelona.[31][57] It does not affect thecorrebous, a traditional game of the Ebro area (south of Catalonia) where lit flares are attached to a bull’s horns. The ‘correbous’ however are mainly seen in the municipalities in the south of Tarragona, with the exceptions of a few other towns in other provinces of Catalonia. The name correbous is essentially Catalan and Valencian, in other parts of Spain they have other names.[58]

This message was last edited by costa.del.sky on 08/03/2012.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 8:28 PM by ells1982 Star rating in Surrey, United Kingd.... 4 posts Send private message

Thank you. I understand it is extremely cruel and i dont condone it. What other big gulps of culture could i participate in?

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 9:06 PM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

If you can run fast I recommend the running of the bulls in Pamplona! Or the tomatina tomato fight.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 11:00 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

Bull fighting is still going strong in Andalucia - like it or not.  There are a lot of fiestas over the spring and summer which have portable bullrings set up, though these tend to be smaller.  Actually, the economic downturn and the lack of money at the ayuntamientos has seen that there are fewer of these travelling events!!!  

You could try flamenco - very entertaining without the blood!!!

Brian

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 12:16 AM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

You could always come to Spain and try Skiing in Granada, or Scuba Diving on the coast!

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 9:17 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Elliot:

You can find information  here http://www.servitoro.com/?language=en  

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

gas heaters - 6 posts
Postal rates from Spain to Uk and Europe - 2 posts
Bilbao Hotel - 1 posts
Martinez Echavarria Almeria - 3 posts
Mobile Catering Units - any got any experience good or bad? - 5 posts
Classic car Or Mercedes SL ==WANTED== - 3 posts
New car - 4 posts
Outgoings help required - 6 posts
Learning to fly in Murcia - 1 posts
HIGH INTEREST INVESTMENTS - 83 posts
Advice needed urgently please re spanish mortage offer - 29 posts
Do I need a licence? - 5 posts
Private Messages - 1 posts
English football with a 3 oclock kick off - 2 posts
Atalaya golf share - 1 posts
EGM and who can vote - 18 posts
Roda (Golf and Beach Resort) Furniture Package for Sale - 0 posts
Solar Power on Communities - 23 posts
English channels. - 3 posts
EUC (Residnents committe) meeting debacle - 0 posts
information wanted about Energysaversspain please.save up to 30% on electricity? - 4 posts
transfer onto spanish plates - 3 posts
Lawyrs fees on claiming back Capitol gains tax - 5 posts
UK or Spanish Mortgage? - 1 posts
Generic Bank Guarantee's - 24 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x