BANKIA

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2012 12:18 PM by 1662bc Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi.  Thank you to marcbernard and Rob & Lor for your replies.

We have tried the 0034 902 246810 without success - maybe because they have too many callers at present with similar problems.

We sent an email to our branch yesterday and have received a reply telling us that they have made the transfer for us.  However they did not give us any info on how to get the electronic signature which we need to be able to do our own transfers.

We will try the San Javier number.  We are with an Estepona branch but as we have a general query about the electronic signature the San Javier branch may be able to help.

Like 0      
23 May 2012 5:06 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Hi

Sorry for the delay, have been to SUNNY Spain and didnt take any numbers with me.

0034 963995034 and they speak English, and like I said before were great.

Good luck keep us posted

Like 0      
18 Aug 2015 10:34 PM by luttridge Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

we had a mortgage with Bancaja and were always treated really well, since they became bankia, things have gone from bad to worse, without any warning, bankia stopped paying our Direct debits, we arrived in spain, to find the electric had been turned off, we spent most of the week paying bills, the nearest branch of Bankia is two and half hours away, and our house is owned by two couples, the other of which were not with us.  On return to England, we managed to contact Bankia, and they told us our documentation had run out, so they froze our account and refuse to accept money in or out, unless WE POST THEM OUR PASSPORTS, which is not going to happen. We have opened a new bank account to pay bills, but are being held at ransom from Bankia, who will not accept money to pay the mortgage. They are rude, unhelpful, and I would never recomend them. BEWARE OF BANKIA, the saga and stress continues

Like 0      
19 Aug 2015 8:38 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Luttridge. 

In Spain it is the law (seems maybe ignored by some banks) that non-resident account holders must produce a certificate of non-residence, issued by the  Policia Nacional, every two years. 

Most banks will, for a fee, obtain it for customers.   

It is also a law which has just recently come into effect, that all banks must have a digital record of the ID of all customers (a scanned in copy of their currentt Passport)  and some additional info. (including who owns the money in the account, where it come from, private addresses and tax ref numbers in country of residence, etc).   What is required seems to vary with each bank.

I have a joint account with my wife and son, who is named on that account; he in non-resident. He had to be named as some utilities would not take payment for his standing orders unless he, as the person contracted, was named..

We all had to complete the forms and provided digital copies of passports. 

There was a hiccup, in that the bank had not recorded the form sent in by my son, and they froze the account. I discovered it within a day and had it unblocked.

So don’t blame your bank.

In both cases,   on non-compliance the bank must freeze the account.

Like 1      
29 Nov 2016 8:34 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

Hi, we have an account with Bankia in Almeria. Orginally our Banacaja branch was in Vera following the merger our nearest branch was Almeria. We had to physcially present in the branch in Almeria with our documents in 2015. Can anyone advise how often this needs to be done, as we dont get out that often I do not want our account to be frozen and direct debits not paid. 

Thanks

Tricia 

Like 0      
29 Nov 2016 9:23 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Hi Tricia52

I think it is every two years, also they now want your National insurance number the one for the UK, all banks in Spain are now asking for it, it helps prevent money laundrying (so we was told) 

Like 0      
30 Nov 2016 6:52 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

It is every 2 years. However I have never had to turn up in person, usually the bank send the documents, we sign them, send them back and its sorted.

Like 1      
30 Nov 2016 9:08 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If in doubt:  read  my post of 19.8.15 it still applies

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi new tonight - 1 posts
Property capital gains tax - 6 posts
TRIPS TO GRANADA - 2 posts
Hello new here - 13 posts
Hello im making a project about spain values and would like to ask few questions - 2 posts
Few questions about spain for student :) thx you! - 0 posts
Few questions about spain for student :) thx you! - 0 posts
Winter Driving Conditions - 3 posts
Newbie from USA - 11 posts
car hire full/full fuel policy - 30 posts
Shop opening Times - 4 posts
I want to sell new 2012 Kymco People GT 300i First Ride - 1 posts
Europa Network - 2 posts
TAX INFO Please - 3 posts
Recovery of deposit money from El Balcon De Alcausin . - 8 posts
Where would be best for me and my son?? - 5 posts
LORAINE45 - 1 posts
Deep sea fishing out of Duquesa - 1 posts
Entitlement to Healthcare - 20 posts
wifi spain - 2 posts
Private medical insurance cancellation - 9 posts
Spare a thought for Michael O'Leary, Chief Executive of 'Ryanair' - 71 posts
Cajasol BIC - 5 posts
BARGAIN!!!!!! TOYOTA RAV4 2005.... NEED TO SELL!!!! - 2 posts
Greater flexibility in the processing of foreigners in Spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 48

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x