Hello new here

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by flanny Star rating in Torquay. 4 posts Send private message

Hi looking to relocate to Spain seen a property in Tolox, that might be of interest, can anyone give me more info on Tolox?

Like 0      
05 Dec 2011 3:58 PM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

look here. looks a bit isolated for me 

population 2300

altitude 1900 mts above sea be quite a drive and prob cold in winter

if you fancy livin in the hills chaeck out mija pueblo shops people and 20 mins on bus to civilization

http://www.tolox.es/en/index.html

cheers

This message was last edited by SMYTHIE on 05/12/2011.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2011 4:19 PM by flanny Star rating in Torquay. 4 posts Send private message

I saw some you tube clips of Tolox and it looks really nice, I wonder if there are many British living there?

Like 0      
05 Dec 2011 4:28 PM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

it looks like hardly any anybody lives there!

This message was last edited by SMYTHIE on 05/12/2011.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2011 4:35 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Depends entirely on your circumstances as Smythie said its quite remote (as in 'not quite the end of the world but you can see it from here...')

Car essential if you need to get anywhere, public transport likely to be very limited,

At 1,900 metres altitude (thats 6,500 feet) the village is 2,500 feet higher than the peak of Ben Nevis... and located in the Sierra de las Nieves (literally mountains of snow). I can vouch for the fact that it will be cold in Winter; we are located at 900 metres and already night-time temps are around freezing. Unless the house is extremely well insulated expect to pay a fortune for heating during the winter.

ADSL Internet may be a problem depending on the Telefonica infrastructure in the area. They tend to forget about people not living in major urban areas. 3G and Wimax may not be available.

HTH

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
05 Dec 2011 4:49 PM by flanny Star rating in Torquay. 4 posts Send private message

Thank you both!! I am looking for some where it is not cold in the winter...I am trying to get away from cold and damp climates!!

Like 0      
05 Dec 2011 4:50 PM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

blimey foxb here on coast only 47 km away temp now 22 last night got to 10c bloomin freezin for us lol

Like 0      
05 Dec 2011 4:52 PM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

flanny according to the WHO  the CDS has one off the healthiest climates in the world 

humidity today is 50 haha

Like 0      
05 Dec 2011 6:38 PM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

flanny - are you sure.

You dont give much info as why, age, interests and circumstances. This makes it difficult to say is a town or area is suitable for you and yours.

Help us to help you.

David

Like 0      
06 Dec 2011 1:46 PM by flanny Star rating in Torquay. 4 posts Send private message

Hi David I am 56 years old work in retail but have seen 3 apartments in one hse that have been used for holiday letting I thought myself and partner could live in one and rent the other 2 out as holiday lets, there is also a coffee shop that could be reopened. So I thought it would be ideal!!!  But who knows in this present climate...it says Tolox is a very busy spa town!

Like 0      
06 Dec 2011 1:58 PM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

Flanny,

I can't help as don't know the area. When I lived in Spain I was in Barca, then Mallorca but have since sold up and am living in Dubai before moving back to Australia for my retirement.

There are many wise heads on EoS that will be able to help with the area, the viability of s rentsl snd csfe bussiness in the area in which you are interested.

I wish you well in your future in Spain.

David

Like 0      
06 Dec 2011 2:32 PM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

I AM NOT SURE AN ENGLISH COFFEE SHOP WOULD FARE WELL IN AsPANISH AREA GIVEN THAT THE SPANISH ONES ARE MORE EMPTY THAN FULL. 

ALSO I WONDER WHO MIGHT WANT A HOLIDAY RENTAL MILES FROM THE BEACH AND TRANSPORT?

IF YOU REALLY FANCY UPHILL CHECK OUT MIJAS PUEBLO TYPICAL SPANISH HILL TOWN LOADSA BRITS AND OTHERS BUS SERVICE

STILL ITS YOUR CHOICE

WHATEVER YOU DO BUY NOTHING WITHOUT PHYSICALLY CHECKING IT OUT AND GET A GOOD LAWYER.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 10:36 AM by seikialice88 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 12/12/2011.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 6:55 PM by gwm Star rating in Pizarra. 139 posts Send private message

I have seen the property you are interested in on the internet. We are in the process of purchasing a country home near Tolox. I think the type of people that holiday inland do so for the walking, birdwatching etc so you would not be renting to the 'bucket and spade' holiday maker. Inland tourism is growing all the time. I don't think a coffee shop would be a good idea, better just to rent the commercial premises to a Spainard. The apartments look to be good quality, better than most inland rentals, so if you market them in the proper way eg birdwatching magazines, rambling magazines etc it should be pretty good. Good luck...

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hello im making a project about spain values and would like to ask few questions - 2 posts
Few questions about spain for student :) thx you! - 0 posts
Few questions about spain for student :) thx you! - 0 posts
Winter Driving Conditions - 3 posts
Newbie from USA - 11 posts
car hire full/full fuel policy - 30 posts
Shop opening Times - 4 posts
I want to sell new 2012 Kymco People GT 300i First Ride - 1 posts
Europa Network - 2 posts
TAX INFO Please - 3 posts
Recovery of deposit money from El Balcon De Alcausin . - 8 posts
Where would be best for me and my son?? - 5 posts
LORAINE45 - 1 posts
Deep sea fishing out of Duquesa - 1 posts
Entitlement to Healthcare - 20 posts
wifi spain - 2 posts
Private medical insurance cancellation - 9 posts
Spare a thought for Michael O'Leary, Chief Executive of 'Ryanair' - 71 posts
Cajasol BIC - 5 posts
BARGAIN!!!!!! TOYOTA RAV4 2005.... NEED TO SELL!!!! - 2 posts
Greater flexibility in the processing of foreigners in Spain - 0 posts
Roda Golf - Furniture for Sale - 2 posts
I'm worried for Spain - 84 posts
Don Lochnagar - 3 posts
AND YET ANOTHER MAGNIFICENT VICTORY FOR COSTALUZ !!!! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x