Biggest Idiot On The Planet

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Is Michael Oleary the biggest a---hole on the planet or what

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2011/10/12/ryanair-plans-to-reduce-the-number-of-toilets-on-its-planes-to-j/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk2%7C81244

Hope they supply NAPPIES

NEVER USED THEM NEVER WILL

This message was last edited by rod on 12/10/2011.

This message was last edited by rod on 12/10/2011.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 2:39 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

You get what you pay for. If you want cheap and cheerful Ryanair are fantastic, If you want all the frills, they are not the first choice. I personally can go a couple of hours without using a loo!

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 9:40 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

it's all advertising hype .... he says these things to get his airline in the press and get people talking about it .... last one i remember was he was going to have standing spaces like on the tube ... lol 

This message was last edited by TP1 on 13/10/2011.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 10:00 AM by mnj Star rating in L.A. Murcia . 37 posts Send private message

and it works look at all the posts about Ryanair on here free ads spring to mind

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 11:03 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Well, they say there's no such thing as bad publicity.

No matter what Mr O'Leary keeps throwing at us...we still keep going back for more

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 11:06 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

and possibly one of the richest idiots on the planet?!

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 1:41 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I read this yesterday!!  He is a wind up merchant I can just see him thinking what can I do next to wind the public up.  But give him his due he is getting a lot of publicity over it   I see his shares went up today so he is doing something right.

I have never used them but know lots of people that have and if you conform to his rules you should be okay, you get what you pay for

Patricia.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 2:22 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

I suppose during these reccesionary times he will do well but Ihope it comes back and BITES HIM in the ass when THINGS recover and people have a bit more to spend.

But surely there is a lower level which people would say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH MR OLEARY

I guess some peoples tolerance is HIGHER than others IN THE end you PAY what you feel you can afford

Anyway I had a lady wanting to book a winter let and I was disgusted he was charging 320 euros a ticket out of DUBLIN to MALAGA return thats what really has P----D me off this week about HIM and BRYAN HAIR

Rod

PS dont agree with the ADVERTISING comments a BAD NAME dosent help your BUSINESS example BP

This message was last edited by rod on 13/10/2011.

This message was last edited by rod on 13/10/2011.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 2:29 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Definitely not as cheap as it used to be.

I was checking flights to Bristol for the end of the month and for me and two kids it was over €800.

Hardly a buget flight price!  Suffice to say I didn't book it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 5:15 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

I'm flying from Leeds to Alicante on Sunday (16th) for the grand total of £9!!!!!

While ever I can pick up a bargain flight and enjoy more time at my holiday home, I'll play his game. Frustrates the hell out me though that we are paying £69 each for the same flight a week later for my Son & Husband to come out because it's the school hols grrrrrr

Wasn't this in the press a few years?

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 6:36 PM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

As others have said Ryanair, Easyjet and the like are BUDGET airlines and as such are bare bones 'Be thankful you have a seat' airlines. They do a job for many but have their limitations.

I have never flown BUDGET so only have info from EoS and people I know who have their views good and bad from using them.

I still prefer to use full service airlines and although have had problems with flights ( I fly over 50 times per year) have always had good service.

My nearest airport in the UK is LHR and there are direct flights to Barcelone and Mallorca when I lived in Spain and now to Dubai since I decided to relocate earlier this year, so the airports the BUDGET airlines opperate from are not local nor convenient for me -- and I suspect neither is their service and seating arrangements.

David

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 8:35 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Justin

easyjet from Bristol seem to have gone up loads. We looked a coming out Boxing day till New years eve, It worked out £500 for 2 of us. Have settled on travelling to Gatwick and into Gib for 250, still with easyjet.

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
13 Oct 2011 9:45 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Well, philevans, you appear to have picked the most expensive dates possible.  If you were to go the next week then it would be £75 each return.  Same for Justin, I'm afraid it is UK half term at the end of the month so prices tend to shoot up.  Always a problem with all airlines, not just the budget ones, when the school holidays come up.  However, booking well in advance can save.  For example, my daughter and family came out in August and booked the previous May.  Cost was just over £75 each (just under £300 for 4) but trying to book an earlier flight back for my son-in-law (who'd had a bit of bad news) and the single flight from Alicante was €240.  All with BMIBaby.

But you have to hand it to O'Leary.  He knows how to keep his airline in the news.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What has gone wrong with the Bono? - 11 posts
Property Insurance - 4 posts
Yamaha FX160HO Cruiser Jet Ski for sale - 1 posts
can anyone help us - 1 posts
Life in Spain - 4 posts
TRAVEL HELP PLEASE - 3 posts
Non Resident Tax - 4 posts
Communities and free range dogs - 9 posts
Flies, Damned Flies! - 7 posts
Justin! Where Are You? - 4 posts
WAITING TIMES FOR AN OPERATION IN SPAIN - 4 posts
Party lines in Spain, or just crossed?? - 1 posts
Why so tolerant of noise - 11 posts
Another great holiday over - 3 posts
New spanish in the forum - 9 posts
How long to swap UK licence for Spanish one? - 21 posts
Setting up as a Taxi Driver - 3 posts
watch football in spain - 0 posts
BAG A BARGAIN? - 3 posts
Getting married in Rojales - 0 posts
Leather Chairs - 2 posts
2011 Peugeot Partner Premium HDi90 - 0 posts
What documents should a new tenant show? - 0 posts
Without administrator - 12 posts
New Camera Bag. Kata DC441 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x