BAG A BARGAIN?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by Isabella2 Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Is it true that if a house has been previously sold for 100.000€  and then if it is reduced to 50.000€ and i buy it because of the depressed market in spain will the tax authouraties come after me as the purchesor for the 7% tax on the difference of the original price to the current purchasing price

Is there anyway around this,

Hope the above makes sense!!

Isabella

Like 0      
08 Oct 2011 5:55 PM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

We have had this with a couple of properties we have sold, as of now the tax authorities have not claimed anything on them. Get a good lawyer and you should be OK.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2011 12:10 PM by anthonyo Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

anthonyo´s avatar

The Spanish goverment uses a value charts to calculate the official value of a poperty, if the real sale price of the property is over this value you will have to pay the taxes according the real sale price, but if the real sale price of the house is lower than the official value you will have to pay the taxes according the official value.

Many cities updated their official value charts when the market was growing in 2006, this is the cause that in the present many times the real sale price is lower than the official value, and after the purchase the goverment ask to the buyer for extra taxes in order to reach the official value.

A good property agent, lawyer or similar can tell you this official values because this is public information given by the goverment, knowing this official value you can calculate how much will cost you the taxes when buying a house, this is a good thing to do before buying.

You can appeal the official value if the goverment ask you for extra tax, somentimes works sometimes not, in many cases this extra taxes are piece of cake.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2011 10:47 AM by Isabella2 Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Getting married in Rojales - 0 posts
Leather Chairs - 2 posts
2011 Peugeot Partner Premium HDi90 - 0 posts
What documents should a new tenant show? - 0 posts
Without administrator - 12 posts
New Camera Bag. Kata DC441 - 0 posts
Granada - 5 posts
Primark Malaga - 0 posts
SUNFLOWER SEED OIL CAPSULES - 0 posts
Reduced Winter rate -Long Term Rental in beautiful Andalucia - 0 posts
Looking for a hotel in or near marbella - family room - 0 posts
Free to good home: German Shepherd - 0 posts
The World vs Wall Street - 1 posts
Summer School job - 6 posts
Twins on Costa del Sol - 1 posts
Translating medical reports - 22 posts
Who is the President - 9 posts
Long term 3 bed rental quesada, dona pepa - 1 posts
IKEA Job Interview - 2 posts
Telephone contract in Owner's or Tenant's name? - 4 posts
CAMPER VAN FOR SALE - 0 posts
Thinking of buying in Escoznar - 2 posts
furniture - 0 posts
Outdoor furniture repair/restoration - 1 posts
Address on Driving Licence - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x