Life in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by GaryU Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

We have been to the Costa Blanca many times, and have had enougn of the UK.....We have chatted to many expats who say how great the life is....is it that great and if there are negatives what are they?

All comments welcome!!

Like 0      
11 Oct 2011 9:21 AM by anthonyo Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

anthonyo´s avatar

Hello Gary, depends what are yiu looking for, if you are looking for sun and  a place to rest, Spain can be a wonderful place, if you choose a vacational area in the coast you will find cheap rentals and you can find interesting properties now, but always search and compare and get informend about legal issues and taxes, also you can ask for a value report of the house to an architect stablished in the area.

But if you plan to move here and to find job, this will not be easy now, the economy its down, if you are a good entepenaur with hard work you can still make money.

Good luck

Like 0      
11 Oct 2011 9:48 AM by GaryU Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Anthonyo,

We are pretty lucky, that if and when we make the move to Spain it will be to take advantage of the lifestyle and not to work, we want to fit into the Spanish way of life and culture..... We have two grown up children who will be staying in the UK....I think that will be the hardest thing to come to terms with, although only being a couple of hours away visits will be frequent

We have seen a huge amount of properties for sale at greatly reduced prices....is this expats returning home or people selling their holiday homes because things have got that bad in their native country?

By the way your English is way better than my Spanish.....although I am trying to improve

Like 0      
11 Oct 2011 2:19 PM by anthonyo Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

anthonyo´s avatar

If you are looking for a place to relax and have fun you will have it here, just you need to find your right location.

There are many kinds of spanish lifestyle, many english people likes the small villages, other likes developments around golf courses, others preffer apartment in the beach or even a country house in the peak of a mountain. To find the right place you have to make a list of things that you like and other things that you don´t like, to be near of an airport its a must for you, the more southern the more hotter, for good weather in winter go to the coast, you can catch a bargain for a house at the moment.

Bad things here:

- Law very complex even if you uderstad the language, a lawyer or a consultant will be needed in important issues.

- Goverment administration very slow.

- Coast areas crowded on july and august with traffic jams and beach full of people.

- You have to take measures to avoid robbers, if your house is very accesible without bars you will be the 1st on the list for a robber, just because all the people here takes measures to avoid robbers.

- Many people are not very sensible to dirtiness and racket, but you can find clean and quiet places.

Just ask any question, this post can help many people in your same state.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 11:17 AM by Alan63 Star rating in Orihuela. 50 posts Send private message

Alan63´s avatar

Hi,

Ive been comming to this area for some years now, I am almost totaly resident. Im loving it. I ended up buying a ilegal house even though I had a solicitor. Not such a big deal, its not going to be demolished. I live inland where i can keep myself to myself. I hang out in the bars, enjoy the cheeper way of life. I dont have a phone, do internet at the libary etc. Its fantastic!. There are losts of places in spain which are greener than here but at least its relativly dry so I can enjoy the sun most of the year .

Al 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TRAVEL HELP PLEASE - 3 posts
Non Resident Tax - 4 posts
Communities and free range dogs - 9 posts
Flies, Damned Flies! - 7 posts
Justin! Where Are You? - 4 posts
WAITING TIMES FOR AN OPERATION IN SPAIN - 4 posts
Party lines in Spain, or just crossed?? - 1 posts
Why so tolerant of noise - 11 posts
Another great holiday over - 3 posts
New spanish in the forum - 9 posts
How long to swap UK licence for Spanish one? - 21 posts
Setting up as a Taxi Driver - 3 posts
watch football in spain - 0 posts
BAG A BARGAIN? - 3 posts
Getting married in Rojales - 0 posts
Leather Chairs - 2 posts
2011 Peugeot Partner Premium HDi90 - 0 posts
What documents should a new tenant show? - 0 posts
Without administrator - 12 posts
New Camera Bag. Kata DC441 - 0 posts
Granada - 5 posts
Primark Malaga - 0 posts
SUNFLOWER SEED OIL CAPSULES - 0 posts
Reduced Winter rate -Long Term Rental in beautiful Andalucia - 0 posts
Looking for a hotel in or near marbella - family room - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x