does anyone have positive claims experience from their Spanish holiday home insurance?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by barbara.edmead Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I need to renew my buildings and contents cover for my small holiday home in Murcia, Spain.  I have previously used Intasure but was thinking of changing to Linea Directa.  Looked on internet for reviews and struggling to find any positive feedback on either company in the event of a policyholder making a claim.

Does anyone have some positive experience with either company?

Or can anyone receommend another company?

Unfortunately I need to renew by Sunday, so I've left it a bit late!  Any responses would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2011 7:04 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Zurich is one of the best and offers the most comprehensive of policies.

I've had them out to replace glass in patio door and a water pipe and all was done free and they even wanted to send a painter around to re-paint a garden wall but  I told them not to worry about it.

Like everything you get what you pay for so look at the cover/extras etc

Like 0      
09 Jun 2013 10:44 AM by marke Star rating. 51 posts Send private message

Good Morning 

Is Zurich still good, does anyone have a website address or phone number?

Any other insurance company recommendations?

Kind Regards

Like 0      
09 Jun 2013 11:42 AM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Have you tried Liberty Seguros?

Like 0      
09 Jun 2013 5:23 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

We had a good experience with Mapfre after a burglary. Quick to pay out for items stolen and sent workmen round to sort out the external damage to a door. We were impressed but don't think that they are one of the cheapest companies.

Mike

Like 0      
09 Jun 2013 5:43 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Apart from Linea Directa (And going through the broker, Knights, who treated us very badly, details supplied if wanted.) I would suggest that probably any of the larger companies would be OK,  but bear in mind,  the cheapest are only cheap because they don't provide a good service and they don't pay out.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2013 11:04 PM by marke Star rating. 51 posts Send private message

Thanks for all your responses, plently to investigate, hopefully we will find better cover at a lower cost 

This message was last edited by marke on 09/06/2013.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2013 7:47 PM by Boo Radley Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

We had a Mapre Home Insurance policy forced on us by our bank when we took out a morgage 9 years ago. They are extremely expensive compared to other insurers in Spain and their response to our first  ( and only) claim with them has been pathetic!  After 9 weeks of frustration, lack of progress with the claim and endless excuses on their part to our Spanish solicitor we have now given up.

Their concern for the customer is non-existent and their  only strategy seems to be to avoid paying out on a claim at all costs. Our claim was for theft and malicious damage to our property. We are now cancelling the policy and I would not advise anyone to insure with them.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2013 10:06 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

We were burgled last year. Not a pleasant experiance. We were insured with Liberty Seguros through a local broker. Their initial response was very good - locksmith out within hours, carpenter the next day. They took a while to accept our claim but in the end paid out in full.

David

Like 0      
25 Jul 2013 10:14 AM by Suzyandsteve Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

25 Jul 2013 11:06 AM by iain4702 Star rating in East Lothian & Lo.... 42 posts Send private message

We have used Mapfre since 2006 and although not the cheapest excellent service was provided two years ago when our house was entered and certain assets stolen.Each year i get a renewal from head office for x amount but a quick call to the local office and it is reduced to x- No complaints whatsover

Like 0      
25 Jul 2013 3:41 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

We were burgled last year and had an excellent response from Real Seguros. We had the claim agreed in 2 days and payment to our bank account in 10days.

We insured through Easycover Insurance Brokers in Torrevieja. If you Google them, their website has a link for a quote.

Best of luck

Jean

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SYSTEMIC CORRUPTION IN CAJA DE AHORROS DEL MEDITERRÁNEO (BANCO CAM) - 12 posts
Help needed. Place of death search..... - 9 posts
Do you need a Home Sitter - 0 posts
Dog and puppy dumped (by English people) Sierra Espuna last week. - 1 posts
Duty Free changes when returning from EU to the UK - 20 posts
Form 210 ID labels - 3 posts
New stables opening up soon just outside Murcia - 2 posts
The Complaints Form - 4 posts
English bike carriers - 2 posts
For Sale or Swap BMW 325 Convertible Auto UK RHD, Tax & MOT - 2 posts
Change of clocks - 11 posts
Formentera Del Segura - 5 posts
repossessed property - no water or electricity meters - bank obligation to disclose? - 8 posts
Liability for Water Leak - 15 posts
Spa day around Quesada? - 1 posts
Mazarron country club - 6 posts
Help locating hand mixer please - 10 posts
Invitation to British property owners in Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Invitation to British property owners in Torrevieja area - 0 posts
Invitation to British property owners in Torrevieja area - 0 posts
Reporting a crime in Spain from the UK - 6 posts
MALAGA CAR HIRE - ADVICE NEEDED ASAP - 11 posts
Property on sale (Andalucia, Spain) - 0 posts
sierra nevada - 0 posts
Free Car Hire - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x