Tax in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi,

I am resident in Spain and own my own property. If I go back to the UK to live and work, and become non-resident in Spain, what will i be expected to pay in terms of tax every year for the property?

Thanks,

Amatista

Like 0      
06 Sep 2011 10:25 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

In addition to direct the taxes on the property, IBI etc.,   you will need to make a non-resident's tax return in respect of the property you own.  It amounts to 0.5% of the catastral value or the declared value, which ever is the greater.  KIt can be made at any time in the year for the amount due in the preceedingyear.  (e.g. made 1st Jan to 31st Dc say 2011 for tax year 2010)

Like 0      
06 Sep 2011 10:34 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Thanks, so who would have the information about the catastral value?

Jane

Like 0      
06 Sep 2011 10:40 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Its on your IBI invoice.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2011 10:46 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Ahh yes, got it thanks .. Valor Catastral is around 52,000, so bearing in mind, Mijas double that, I would be paying around 0.5% non resident tax of around €500 per year?

Thanks again,

Jane

Like 0      
06 Sep 2011 12:21 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Why do you say Mijas double it?

The catastral valor is just that.  So on 52,000 €  you will pay about 260 €

(But bear in mind that if the price you declared in the Escritiura is more than that then it is on the higher amount that you pay.)

Like 0      
06 Sep 2011 12:25 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

I saw a previous post where they mention the different regions either multiply catastral value by 1-4 times to come up with taxable value of property?? The declared value on escritura is 100,000, so i guess I would pay €500?

Thanks again,

Jane

Like 0      
06 Sep 2011 4:53 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Good day. I live in Murcia I have a 3 bedroom house with a catastral value of €148.000.
My tax for last year was €191.16 x 2 = €382.32 the house is in joint names in this case both are responsible for their own tax
The €382 32 includes a nominal amount of income tax
This was paid December 2010.
My Solicitor sorts it out for me. Perhaps I could save the €118 he charges me to do it.  But Peace of mind for the last 8 years.
I must say that they are a great company of solicitors.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2011 5:06 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

As far as I know the tax is based on 0.2% up to €167.129 of the declaired catastral value on your IBI Bill.

This is the lower band. The next band is catastral value of over €167.129 the rate is then 0.3%

Like 0      
06 Sep 2011 5:22 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Most Town Halls base catastral value growth on a property at 2% each year. If any planning alterations are granted, that place an higher value on a property this increase in value will be taken into consideration.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2011 6:02 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

to be more specific I believe:-

148,000 x 1,1%  x 0,24%  =  390 euros or there abouts.
 (it's referred to a 'kind of income tax, as you have the benefit of using the property for free, so like say a caretaker in UK who get a free house as part of his wages, must pay for the benefit of having the property. ! )

El Almillo.

I am pretty sure you are talking about patimonio tax which was suspended (abolished) a couple of years ago, although there is a  suggestion that it might be reinstituted.

As for the cost of having the forms 210 done professionally. . 

Although for several years I did the patrimonio and non residents property tax for my son, in the last couple of years I have used an gestor, charge 30 euros.  118 euros seems way over the top for about 5 mins work.  Really that is all it takes once you have given them the IBI receipt.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2011 6:16 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Thank You Johnzx

Noted. Your calc's worked out about the same as

I must find the time to do my own returns.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lawyers for Conveyancing - Different types? - 11 posts
Lawyers - different types - 0 posts
Satellite tv, white card, loss of channels Andalucia - 8 posts
Looking for 2B Apt Marbella San Pedro area, to move around 16/09/11 - 0 posts
conversacion español-ingles en Skype - 0 posts
Non-Resident Income Tax - A Guide - 20 posts
BBC iplayer - 28 posts
transport for a ski walker from Cheltenham to Alicante ? - 0 posts
Is this about right - 9 posts
wi fi in hotels and airports - 5 posts
UK or Spanish Driving Licence - 11 posts
Any advice on the Nerja/Almunecar area - 10 posts
obtaining a spanish driving licence - 18 posts
Childrens' Car Seats - 1 posts
Is there an answer - 1 posts
Betamax Video Recorder - 0 posts
Good News —Titleist 712 Series Irons - 0 posts
Help - 1 posts
spanish lessons - 22 posts
TV....... - 11 posts
Polymorphic light eruption - 0 posts
Furniture Pack for sale - 0 posts
P J's rent a car Alicante - 3 posts
Can you recommend a Gestor in Seville ? - 0 posts
empdonamiento - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x