Is this about right

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Hi

Our electric bill has just been paid for august at 296 euros is this about right for a 2 bed 2 bath apartment fully air conditioned rented out for the entire month or is my next door neighbour using it as well

Thans Rod

Like 0      
04 Sep 2011 3:22 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Is that just for one month, as we get our bill every two months?  But that seems very high to me!!!!!

Like 0      
04 Sep 2011 3:25 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Pat its endesa and they take payments from me monthly

Rod

Like 0      
04 Sep 2011 3:39 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well that seems very high to me, do they estimate bills?  Think you must be paying for your neigbour ask them how much their's was!!!!!!

Like 0      
04 Sep 2011 4:14 PM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

If you have had your apartment rented out for the whole month chances are the renters have had the air con going full pelt most of the time as this does use a lot a electic.  If you are planning on rent out a lot think about have acard meter fitted to the air con so that they need to pay for this as they use it.

Also check to see if this bill is for one month or two.

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
04 Sep 2011 4:58 PM by PeterInSpain Star rating in Marbella, Spain. 39 posts Send private message

Rod,

It could well be right unfortunately, AC cost is extremely high and (holiday) renters tend to leave it running the whole time - for several of the properties we look after we have had installed 'motion detectors' which switch the system off after 15 mins if they don't detect movement in the property.....this is the first summer we have used them but am pretty sure they will be a wise investment for owners who rent.

Endesa have changed many accounts to monthly, basically it helps their cashflow! If you need to make any change to your account (potencia, change of bank info, whatever) and it is currently two monthly, they will switch it to monthly straight away. We have two Endesa accounts, and they still only read the meters every 2 months, the alternate months are estimated (wildly inaccurately as a rule.....)

Cheers Peter

Like 0      
04 Sep 2011 5:59 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

A friendfs 2 bed apartment, with AC, was rented for month of August, the Endesa bill was 127 euros (the highest ever for a month) I thought that was pretty high.

In my own 2 bed 2 bath apartment, we don't use the AC, the bill for August was 61 euros.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2011 7:26 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

I guess people do leave the AIRCON when they go out but we pay about 1100 euros a year on average and let for 180 days which is 6 euros a day it comes with the teritory i guess we average 75 euros a day before costs.

After someones paid £600 pounds for a week in high season i guess you cant restict their electricity usage really.

Would like to know any other options if not just to help the enviroment

Rod

Like 0      
05 Sep 2011 4:55 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Yes seems high to me

I am using Iberdrola as I have for the past 8 years

My Bill for 18th Aug to 18th Sept was €86. I have a 3 bedroom house with pool.

The house was occupied for the month

Ceiling fans would have been on

A few years ago Iberdrola fitted me a duel meter. 2300hrs to 1100hrs off peek

1100hrs to 2300hrs peek rate.

I do not have AC. All pool pump filtration is done off peek.

It is encouraged that all showering and washing machine usage is during the off peek period.

I take all my own readings and e-mail them to iberdrola so bills are not estimated

This message was last edited by El alamillo on 05/09/2011.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2011 5:08 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Just a thought,

Going back a few years ago, one of the occupants of an apartment complex near-by Reported High Electric bills. Only to find out that the builders had connected her metre to the complex pool. Nice one

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

wi fi in hotels and airports - 5 posts
UK or Spanish Driving Licence - 11 posts
Any advice on the Nerja/Almunecar area - 10 posts
obtaining a spanish driving licence - 18 posts
Childrens' Car Seats - 1 posts
Is there an answer - 1 posts
Betamax Video Recorder - 0 posts
Good News —Titleist 712 Series Irons - 0 posts
Help - 1 posts
spanish lessons - 22 posts
TV....... - 11 posts
Polymorphic light eruption - 0 posts
Furniture Pack for sale - 0 posts
P J's rent a car Alicante - 3 posts
Can you recommend a Gestor in Seville ? - 0 posts
empdonamiento - 8 posts
WANTED unfurnished 2/3 bed for long term rent - 4 posts
VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED TO HELP LAY CONCRETE - 0 posts
To Mr or Ms Mod - 0 posts
Forum help...er help! - 6 posts
is there a Spanish 0845 equiv - 3 posts
EXCERCISE BICYCLE - 0 posts
Spanish domain name - 2 posts
Eye on my villa! - 8 posts
No furniture and no refund - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x