P J's rent a car Alicante

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Just got home from 4 weeks in Spain & I have to say I was really impressed with the hire car company I used!

Got a bit fed up of all the add on charges from a lot of hire companies so tried a smaller local one. The price quoted included full insurance, pick up & drop off from Alicante airport & you leave the fuel level as you find it. Payment was in cash on arrival so no need to swell the credit card ballance :-)

I hired the small car as it was just myself & Son & I have to say when I saw the tiny Fiat Sciecento (?) I thought OMG!  The car wasn't the best looking one I have seen however I grew to love it! I put E40 of petrol in & it was used every day. The driver was waiting at the airport when we landed & arrived to take us back to the airport bang on time, he was very chatty and informative, a lovely chap.

All in all I can't the service provided I would recommend them to anyone.

P J's rent a car Costa Blanca.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2011 3:57 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I bboked a car from this firm about 6 months ago.  They agreed to pick me up from the airport and drop me off at my appartment where the hire car would be waiting.  As they don't ask for a deposit up front I rang them twice to ensure they had booked me in - both times they confirmed that everything was ok.  Two weeks before I was due to go over to Spain they rang me up to say they had made a mistake - my address was further away than they had thought and were no longer able to take me to my place.  I could still have the car (with a very small discount of less than 5%).  I found the woman who rang me to tell me this very rude on the phone - like it was my fault that they had made a mistake.  I calculated that with tolls and petrol it would cost me an extra 50 euros and I felt that a reduction of this and a 4 door car instead of 2 door would be acceptable.  The e-mail I had back basically said they were honouring the agreement by still letting me have a car.  I found them to be rude, unhelpful and untrustworthy.  I booked through this firm because of  previous positive reviews.  In the end I cancelled the car and went with a proper firm - unfortunately prices were higher as I was booking the car late - but at least I didnt have to deal with a firm that couldn't even apologise for their mistakes.  

Like 0      
01 Sep 2011 7:07 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

ooooo that doesn't sound good

I couldn't find fault with them & always found they answered any questions promptly via email.

Where abouts in Spain are you? (just asking cos wouldnt want to pass details on to others who may be around your area if it is 'too far')

Like 0      
02 Sep 2011 1:55 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

We are near Mojacar - which is quite a distance from Murcia airport - about 120 km - but I did tell them where I was and gave them a google map of the place (they also told me they went to Valle der este golf course which is close to where we are.  I do understand people make mistakes and to be honest when they rang to tell me they couldn't drop me off I understood - I kust felt they should have make up for it with a large reduction in the car hire - also I was very upset with their attitude - there was no attempt at an apology.  Saying sorry and being helpful doesn't cost you anything - it is what all good small business need to learn to be succesful and survive. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can you recommend a Gestor in Seville ? - 0 posts
empdonamiento - 8 posts
WANTED unfurnished 2/3 bed for long term rent - 4 posts
VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED TO HELP LAY CONCRETE - 0 posts
To Mr or Ms Mod - 0 posts
Forum help...er help! - 6 posts
is there a Spanish 0845 equiv - 3 posts
EXCERCISE BICYCLE - 0 posts
Spanish domain name - 2 posts
Eye on my villa! - 8 posts
No furniture and no refund - 7 posts
Sales Consultants required for immediate start - 0 posts
Child friendly - 1 posts
aledo murcia - 1 posts
Phone Cards - 4 posts
going through the euro tunnel - 8 posts
Iglesias Associates - Lawyers in Fuengirola/Alhaurin el Grande - 0 posts
injury in spain - 3 posts
Take your Solicitor (Abogado) to court. - 69 posts
who wants a top sat nav? - 2 posts
Furniture Pack - 0 posts
A BIG THANK YOU! - 4 posts
Buy or rent? - 10 posts
Broken aircon controller - 0 posts
Residence in Spain - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x