Is there an answer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I wa going to write, I don't have the answer to this trend. I then wondered if there is an answer? I doubt it very much. Change is change and I cannot see restaurants and the conventional inn-entertainment scene competing with the super value all inclusives. Travellers are voting with their wallets   :o)   or  :o( 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/fast_track/9567917.stm

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
03 Sep 2011 10:41 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

I can't see that their is an answer to this problem.  If I were looking for a holiday and I could fix my costs somehow than I would definitely go the all inclusive route.  Providing the hotels/resorts maintain value for money there is likely to be an ever greater proportion of travellers using this method to pay in GBP and get away with minimal foreign currency costs.  Those of us who have purchased holiday homes and are forced to go the traditional route are finding that our money covers less and less as time goes on.  Not only are we affected by the low £/Euro exchange rate, but the increasing cost of living in Spain.  We rarely go out for a meal in Spain these days and because we go by car, take out many of the expensive basics (dry food and household supplies) and make sure we only have to buy fresh food / wine for our meals. 

I can see why restaurants are having such a tough time because there are so many of them.  There are 10 within 1km of our place as well  as more bars than I can count that provide meals.  With the drop in tourism to Spain and the artificially maintained level of the Euro, this is going to continue.  Bars in our village are continually going out of business as the public, both Spanish and foreign can no longer afford to support them.

The answer, if there is one, would be for Spain to return to the Paseta and automatically devalue against other countries meaning that the Brit tourist will see better value for money.  However, once the all inclusive genie is out of its bottle, it will be difficult to get it back in. In any case Germany will continue to support the Euro because it is the only way they can avoid the Deuchmark going through the roof with the resulting cost to their own trade, so don't expect a change anytime soon unless the Euro collapses under its own weight.

M.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Betamax Video Recorder - 0 posts
Good News —Titleist 712 Series Irons - 0 posts
Help - 1 posts
spanish lessons - 22 posts
TV....... - 11 posts
Polymorphic light eruption - 0 posts
Furniture Pack for sale - 0 posts
P J's rent a car Alicante - 3 posts
Can you recommend a Gestor in Seville ? - 0 posts
empdonamiento - 8 posts
WANTED unfurnished 2/3 bed for long term rent - 4 posts
VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED TO HELP LAY CONCRETE - 0 posts
To Mr or Ms Mod - 0 posts
Forum help...er help! - 6 posts
is there a Spanish 0845 equiv - 3 posts
EXCERCISE BICYCLE - 0 posts
Spanish domain name - 2 posts
Eye on my villa! - 8 posts
No furniture and no refund - 7 posts
Sales Consultants required for immediate start - 0 posts
Child friendly - 1 posts
aledo murcia - 1 posts
Phone Cards - 4 posts
going through the euro tunnel - 8 posts
Iglesias Associates - Lawyers in Fuengirola/Alhaurin el Grande - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x