Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Aug 2011 3:41 PM by M11block Star rating. 179 posts Send private message

11 Aug 2011 3:48 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

Illegal builds!!! Not bills - sorry.

Brian

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 5:01 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Here here Bri.  The Priors were truly amazing and like you I hope they do get some sort of compensation pronto so that they can at least enjoy some of their retirement.

You work all your life for that....that's very tough to live with every day.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 5:39 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Couldn't agree more. The stress must have taken a great toll on them despite their fighting spirit. You have to admire them

Makes you wonder how some people can sleep at night when this is how they treat people.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 6:34 PM by eljefe Star rating in Torrevieja. 15 posts Send private message

eljefe´s avatar

Another scare mongering TV programme designed to put people off moving to Spain. But lets analyse it. We had the couple in Pego who brought a log cabin,no mention of a solicitor involved at all, hmmm Im sure they got an escritura for that! Not! 

People who brought in Murcia they had a big villa built. They have their escrituras but have never moved in because builder won't give electric,water and habitacion bolitins. They never had a solicitor or that would have been mentioned. They could move in tomorrow and pay an electrician to check wiring and get a new bolitin etc. 

Then the Malaga couple who brought two holiday homes and wouldnt pay the final payment because of a snag list, they could of paid the rest less a 1000 held back for snags. Another couple who did not mention a solicitor. 

Oh and the poor couple in Vera who had there mansion pulled down. They had a small RUSTIC plot and decided to build a huge house on it. They did get some local permits but went ahead before they got the Junta Andulcian permits. Most people know if you want to build on rustic land you need at least 12000 square meteres no 1000 m2. I do feel for them I don't think there house should have been pulled down. I think they should have been fined heavily and been able to leaglise there house.

That programme did nothing to help the sales in Spain, the economy of spain. 
Spain is getting right up to date with building laws, green energy etc. Just wish we could get out of this recession, crisis thingy we are stuck in. 

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 6:45 PM by rob6578 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

I wondered how long it would be before someone blamed the VICTIMS of this criminal behaviour for the problems they are suffering.

Sadly it didn't take long!

During the programme it was said that there were 300,000 properties which are now 'illegal' & at risk of demolition. Of course ALL those buyers were stupid & have caused their own problems! What nonsense!

The problem is the Spanish legal system ignoring & indeed breaking their own laws with impunity, ably abetted unfortunately by BRITISH sales people who are happy to rip off their fellow countrymen. Banks ignoring court orders & choosing not to pay out bank guarantees. Until this is sorted out the problems will continue.

For GOD'S sake stop blaming the victims!

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 6:49 PM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

It is odd how folk who would not consider buying a house in the UK without a solicitor come here and throw caution to the wind.

I wonder if they think the Spanish don't follow the rules?

They jump in, no knowledge of the system no language skills won't pay an interpreter.

Then wonder why the S* hits the fan.

This message was last edited by janie2003 on 11/08/2011.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 6:51 PM by eljefe Star rating in Torrevieja. 15 posts Send private message

eljefe´s avatar

Well Said Janie2003,

listen to this:-

I watched out of my lounge window with great amusement at This Bloke!

This Bloke buys a Se Vende sign from Chinese shop and scribbles his mobile number on it.
This Bloke does not have a fixed line telephone number or an office.
This Bloke arrives to show the property in a UK reg car.
This Bloke has been in Spain 11 months.
This Bloke has no training as an estate agent.
This Bloke added 25,000 euro to the owners price.

How do I know This Bloke, I phoned the number on the board, I asked if I could come to his office, I asked how long he had been in Spain, I asked for a fixed line number to contact him on as I had trouble phoning his mobile. I know the people selling the property.
Would you buy a house off This Bloke??????????

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 7:40 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

eljefe makes a lot of sense to me.

In pretty much everything he/she says and its only been 3 posts

+1

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 9:20 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Yes, Janie.  I fear that happens in many many cases.  Glad you are saying it, not me.  I remember just suggesting what you have said, in a post some time back, and I was blown clean out of the water!! LOL

I agree with El Jefe about the scaremongering.  Which is why I don't watch programmes like that.  If I want to scare myself well I can always watch "Towering Inferno" or something similar.

Patricia

Like 0      
12 Aug 2011 8:16 AM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

Yes Patricia I supppose you are right but if we can save just one from jumping in and getting burnt why should I worry if the 'experts' dont like it.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2011 12:03 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Fully agree, Janie.

It is about cautioning people to be careful, to keep their wits about them and to obtain proper legal advice. 

Patricia

Like 0      
13 Aug 2011 12:18 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

great post Justin, tell it like it is.

human nature being what it is, unfortunately, you cannot just escape misfortune and think yourself lucky......no no no that would never do.....you must claim higher intelligence....luck had little to do with it, even prior knowledge from others was not lucky....it was due diligence of course.

and from that position of good fortune plus higher intelligence you have to reinforce your happy position by abusing the victims, absolutely essential for your well being, you cannot be happy without it, not at all. You even describe the hundreds of thousands as a "few", yes just a few.

"For GOD'S sake stop blaming the victims!"

where is the fun in that.

what wonderful people, how glad we are to be rid of them, but we must stop their winter fuel allowance.

Regards

Norman

This message was last edited by normansands on 13/08/2011.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2011 12:51 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I think we need to see some real "justice being servied" before we see any positive changes in attitudes towards property in Spain.  Sadly, these are very thin on the ground at the moment, probably not helped by the ridiculous amount of time it takes for cases to get to court in Spain.  Maybe in a few years time we will start hearing of some positive outcomes to many of these nightmares.

I was just reading an article in Round Town News about one of our members, Andrew Wilford, who was one of the unluckly hundreds of people to have had the misfortune to come across the Trampolin con men....there is no other name for them

You can read that article here.

I really am looking forward to hearing some positive outcomes.  We all want it and need it....as does the Spanish property market if its ever going to make any sort of recovery...even a minor one.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

schools in rojales or quesada for 5 years old - 4 posts
Big light show 11-13th August - 4 posts
Thinking of coming back out soon for a week with my kids ? - 0 posts
Disco Equipment for sale - 0 posts
Security for vacant properties - 2 posts
Supermarket Purchases - 12 posts
Have you seen the UK news - 36 posts
Afghan Heroes Dinner and Ball - 0 posts
Mercedes SLK 230 Car Swop or Sale - 2 posts
new business - 0 posts
Wind! - 6 posts
Hi, I'm Daniel. I need some help with fitting out our summer Villa in Torrevieja, - 6 posts
Is it obligatory in Spain to have house insurance for tenants??? - 4 posts
What's happened to Richie Allen from Talk Radio Europe - 6 posts
Airport ground staff strike action 18th & 26th August. - 16 posts
Can anyone help me please no deeds for 7 years. - 5 posts
Spaced Out! - 9 posts
English Speaking Spanish Lawyer - 1 posts
Whats the effects in Laymans terms for Holiday Home owners if it all goes Pete Tong? - 1 posts
Positive news for Santander customers in difficulty - 0 posts
DRIVING WITH 5 DOGS FROM UK TO SPAIN - 12 posts
The Phantom Properties for Long Term Rent - 4 posts
problem with apartment electric oven - 9 posts
Hi to all! - 9 posts
USA Downgraded from AAA to AA Debt Rating! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 34

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x