Any good Employment Agancies in the CDS?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 May 2007 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi All,

Anyone know of any good employment agencies in the CDS?

I've got 20 years IT experience under my belt and four years Sales experience, am 39 and looking to move to Spain within 3 years. (want to get a good, stable career before commiting to full move).

My Mrs works for Devon County Council Social Services (Child Care) and have been told that she could find work easy, especially in Gib.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 5/23/2007.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
23 May 2007 3:07 PM by jmtwsm Star rating in Sabinillas CDS. 191 posts Send private message

jmtwsm´s avatar

You could start your own business wiring up the Duquesa area for broadband internet access.

Everyone seems to have trouble there and telefonica are  five years behind.

Wi-fi is expensive and not widely available and sim based systems are much too expensive.

Like 0      
23 May 2007 3:19 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
TechNoApe

You got any web experience?  We're always on the look out for good people.  Very difficult to find them down here.

Maybe try www.wemploy.com for jobs and www.jobtoasterspain.com.

They normally list jobs on CDS and in Gib too.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 May 2007 3:37 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Justin -

By web experince I assume you mean programing in html - yes and no - in other words can do but never have had the time to do so - having said that it's just like any other 4GL language that I've written in over the years.

Jmtwsm - Hmm! Could bring in a high speed Sattelite link but you would need a good telecommunications infrastructure as the backbone. In other words, if the telephone lines in the area are of poor quality or non-existant, then forget it!

However have got vast experience of PC Building/Maintenance/Repairs, troubleshooting networking (LAN/WAN-WiFi), Diagnostics, Repairs/Upgrades, Operating System rebuilds/re-installs, periperhal problems, PC/Network Security, File/Printer sharing etc.

PS. Ain't 'Vista' a bitch to do some of the above - stick with XP SP2, life's easier!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 5/23/2007.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
23 May 2007 5:49 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Justin,

Just to let you know I took your advice today and joined www.wemploy.com

Have filled out thier registration and appiled for five jobs this afternoon in the IT sector, one of which is for a company in Duquesa

The 'rolling stone gathers no moss' and boy! is it now rolling!! We had a three to five year plan of moving to Spain, and after one year we have our (almost) ideal property 'signed, sealed and delivered' (with a few niggles - as is common in Spain) and have found that there are loads of jobs available for someone like myself, even if I have to change career.

Look out Spain, here comes Technoape! 

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
23 May 2007 10:14 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Sounds good.  Let us know how you get on, it's good to get feedback on job situations down here as it can often be very difficult.

Best of luck with it.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 May 2007 9:19 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi TechNoApe - great to hear of your success! 

I was interested in your comment that your wife should be able to find Social Services Child Care jobs easily.  That is my field and I have been told that there is no chance of getting work as a Social Worker in Spain.  We had a Spanish SW in our office in Glasgow who said there were no jobs at home.  She said that Spanish people tend to rely on their families more than in the UK for care and support, hence there is a less developed social work service.

Would love to hear different as I am racking my brains thinking of work ideas for my move in a few years.

Like 0      
26 May 2007 1:21 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi claire T     We only know the CDS area and  Social  Care Services  are starting to appear in some areas  but mostly private org.   you could start your own  Social  Services system , not sure about the child side ,  but seems plenty of work around  for the care side for older people . Best of luck with this. Regards  Rosi n

This message was last edited by rosi n on 5/30/2007.

Like 0      
31 May 2007 1:55 PM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi,

Am interested in all your comments about social services jobs in CDS area. I work in a children's home as a deputy manager for Social Services at the moment, and will need to find work when we move across this year. I have noticed that there are jobs in homes for the elderly now and then, also have seen jobs for British Nurses. I think that with the increasing amount of British people moving to Spain more and more jobs like this will crop up.

Barbie

Like 0      
31 May 2007 2:47 PM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar

Hi Barbie can you please let me know where you saw jobs for British nurses in CDS as I am looking for this type of work and finding it very difficult.Hope you have success in your field good luck

Like 0      
31 May 2007 4:24 PM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi Valf,

I saw a job advertised recently in Sur in English for a Registered Nurse. Have also seen various jobs over the past few months for assistants in nursing homes, again in Sur in English. Good luck with the job hunt. It may be worth you putting an advert in Sur in English in the situations wanted section.

Cheers.  Barbie

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

anyone bought / moving to San Miguel de Salinas (Angelina apartments)? - 20 posts
Importing a car derived van into Spain - 45 posts
Private Message - 2 posts
information about the Condado de Alhama resort - 8 posts
We're new and buying in La Tercia Real! Anyone else?? - 10 posts
Gardening - 2 posts
Spanish will - 16 posts
New Channel - 3 posts
Anyone moving to Lebrrija? - 27 posts
Veronica - 7 posts
Kids discos san pedro/estepona - 0 posts
Taxation on two properties - 5 posts
Liverpool Athens 2007 - 12 posts
Inner Life in Spain - 0 posts
Election time - 36 posts
Completing on new property when developer has gone bankrupt - 2 posts
hello fron anneF - 6 posts
Airport transfers - 5 posts
Ray and Sue - 2 posts
Air Conditioning - 3 posts
I want to rent out my new apartment in Oropresa marina dor - 8 posts
Remember Living in Spain TV has Launched today - 31 posts
Long Term Rental Available On The Las Ramblas Golf Course In Lux 3 Bed/2 Bath - 0 posts
If You Are Looking For A Bargain Then Look No Further! - 0 posts
sky digital tv - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x