Would you have a Spanish student

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

at home, in your Spanish home, for one month during the summer in  an exchange programm of  of price/services for English language

or exchange of Spanish-English language

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Feb 2011 9:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I think that this is a great idea. I knew a lady in England who used to take in students from France.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 5:17 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Yes we would, but I think we're a bit too rural here for any student to want to come!

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 6:09 PM by Jack5340 Star rating in Calahonda Costa Del .... 56 posts Send private message

Yes we would. Seems a good idea. How would it work? I am struggling to learn Espanol and this would help. Would the student already speak some English? Do you have details?

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 11:07 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Mark

Like 0      
22 Mar 2011 12:08 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

For many years, when my husband & I were very much younger, we used to take in Spanish AND French students, sometimes up to three at a time as we have a large house in the UK. Schools used to bring them over to our seaside town. Some were wonderful, some were total nightmares.

We had a Spanish boy aged only 9 who came for five weeks two years running. He was a joy. He had siblings staying with other English families nearby & our home came alive when he & his family & school friends turned up altogether. We had French students aged 14-15 for three weeks at a time each July then August. We had a number who returned the following year. We had three French girls who stayed five days.

We were invited to stay with the famiy of one of the students we had for two years, we stayed outside Paris, it was amazing.

We had one Spanish boy called Borja stay two years running when he was 13 then 14. 18 years later he turned up on our doorstep, having had no contact since he last left us. He had his new wife, his dad, his two brothers & his sister with him. He had lost our phone number & we are Ex Directory so he couldn't find us so had just hoped we were still at the same house. His brothers & sisters had been able to contact the families they stayed with & they had decided to bring their dad to the UK  ..he had recently lost his wife .. to meet the families who took care of them. The dad spoke only Spanish but one of Borja's older brothers translated for us & he'd said, very emotionally,  'thank you for caring for my son. My wife would have enjoyed today'

I say go for it, it's CERTAINLY an experience, often good, sometimes bad. We have many photographs of all of them.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2011 7:56 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Well, it was intially just a suggestion but now that it is running, please email us at web@costaluzlawyers.es so we can start looking for the candidates according to your specifics. I do think it will be great. We will review with children, parents and hosts the living-together rules and the legals to be set between you all. Insurance included. 

Susan... is this the new EOS exchange programm you were looking for? We need to meet soon.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Mar 2011 11:44 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Sounds a great idea!

What could be better for language and cultural exchange.

We would like some more info first before we commit ourselves, however we are very interested as we have lots of room.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
22 Mar 2011 12:20 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

We will keep you posted. No doubt!

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Mar 2011 1:57 PM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Morerosado your story was really touching.  It makes a change to hear how nice some people are.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2011 12:20 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Well done Maria, this is a great idea, and well done More, your experience is a lovely example.

For me it was the best experience ever.  Family friends moved to Spain many years ago, the first non-Spanish in the village.  The villagers welcomed them, taught them Spanish and the Spanish way of life.  Over many years, they arranged for the children of their new Spanish friends to come and stay with their old UK friends to learn English and experience life in the UK.  My parents and my friends and their parents and my own family have all done this.  In return we have the most wonderful lifelong friendships in Spain, which is something you just can't create or buy into.  I recommend this to anyone who wants to enjoy the warmth of Spanish family life and take part in their enormous social life, which does mainly revolve around family.   It is so rewarding for everyone involved, please give it a try.  

Jane

Like 0      
05 Apr 2011 9:20 AM by stewart2011 Star rating in Just outside Glasgow.... 1 posts Send private message

Sounds excellent. We are in Scotland and looking seriously at moving to Spain. Would be a wonderful opportunity to learn more of the language. How do you sign up?

Like 0      
05 Apr 2011 9:50 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Stewart:

At this moment, you can start by sending an email to us: web@costaluzlawyers.es

Best regards,

Maria 

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Furniture for sale in Murcia - 1 posts
Tapatalk compatible? - 2 posts
Leather Chairs - 3 posts
Taxes in Spain for the over 65's - 11 posts
Television / Viasat - 1 posts
Torrestat with teleast - 8 posts
world superbikes - 5 posts
Sausage Day in Formentera del Segura - 0 posts
Camposol, Mazarron, Murcia | F.A.S.T. Public Meeting 7th March - 0 posts
second hand accoustic guitar (left handed ) required - 0 posts
Room Sizes - 2 posts
Wanted 2 cat boxes suitable for air travel - 0 posts
Automotive Cars - Malaga - 1 posts
Under 16s, pools and Andalucia - 16 posts
Mojacar Restaurants with Entertainment for Birthday Celebrations - 2 posts
Portofino Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Property management services - beware! - 0 posts
Community fee - Different question - 4 posts
New thread called "Vitamins in Spain" - especially for Mr Ackers! - 2 posts
A Spanish view of the Justice System in Spain - 1 posts
Take The Pedal Off The Metal - 3 posts
If you have some spare time - 0 posts
House for rent - 0 posts
Smoking in Corridors of Apartment Blocks - 6 posts
I'VE BEEN SPOOFED ! - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x