NEW Murcia Airport

Murcia Airport Car Hire
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Aug 2008 12:58 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Ahhhh, near Murcia CITY, so tha'ts why they are calling it the new Murcia Airport.
See? 
Told you I might be being a bit thick!
But I did know it was more inland that San Javier airport

Thanks CaroleM

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 7:30 AM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar
Report from Costa Blanca News, re San Javier Airport.

Murcia-San Javier to go 24 hours next year

SAN JAVIER airport will have its second runway working by March 2009, the government’s representative in Murcia, Rafael González, announced on Monday.

Civil flights are only allowed to land and take off from 15.00 as the control tower and the landing strip are used during the morning by the Spanish air force.“The second landing strip will be working full time before the high summer season,” he promised.

“Civil flights will be available in the mornings as well, as each landing strip will be used for different purposes – civil flights and military flights.”

The new runway will be used by the air force whilst the old one will be used for civil flights.

Additional work had to be carried out in the airport to meet the international safety requirements, with the tanks of fuel having to be placed in a different area. A spokesman for AENA – the public company which runs Spanish airports – told CB News in April the new equipment of the control tower was being installed and several tests still had to be carried out.

At the moment 23 international flights and five domestic flights are available from San Javier. Sr González said plans to extend the airport’s facilities had been presented and they would be carried out if demand kept on increasing. Nearly two million passengers – 85% of them British – used San Javier airport last year.

Sr González admitted the number of passengers had fallen 4% since January due to the economic crisis. However he added: “San Javier airport and Corvera airport are needed in the Murcia region. “They can work together and coordinate the traffic of passengers and freight goods.” cbnews.es

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 10:37 AM by SpanishLinda Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 44 posts Send private message

SpanishLinda´s avatar
Just received following update from subscriber to Spanish Airport Guide : "I live quite near and visited the site today. A lot of work has been completed on the terminal buildings. The new CV13 is already a great ugly scar that may soon transform into a road. The development ov the CV10 from Pobla de la Tornesa to Cabanes is well under way with the route into Orpesa still lacking the completion on the stretch known as Valley of Dinosaurs.
The airport itself...well they have laid a lot of tarmac and I guess that after the fiesta season, things will progress at a pace ... It just may be on target"

Linda

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 11:09 AM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar
I don`t think this is Corvera Airport that you mention, is this not the castellon airport Valencia ? going by the roads and towns mentioned.

From reports i have seen, not much work has taken place at Corvera just yet.

I may be wrong though.

Dave

This message was last edited by davey on 9/1/2008.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 2:48 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
That's definitely not Corvera.

I've searched Google earth (it says 2008 photo) and I can't see any sign at all of building activity anywhere near Corvera.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 5:57 PM by Mooma Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Google Earth is way out of date unfortunately. It shows our community in the process of being built - you can see the cranes and no sign of a pool, when in fact it was completed, pool, gardens and all, about two years ago.
As far as I know, the new Murcia Airport will be in the vicinity of Corvera and is going ahead as planned.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2008 6:57 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Hi Mooma

Actually, I was using Google Maps for quickness.

What date does it put on the bottom of the image?

If you want "out of date" have a look at "Catastro maps" - I reckon they haven't even got the Alhambra on it yet!!!" 

Like 0      
02 Sep 2008 7:02 PM by Mooma Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Hi Max
Do you know...I have never noticed the date before! I have just had a look and it says August 23rd 2005! That would account for the cranes and building site appearance of our little piece of Spain!
The new airport will be great for us, if it happens. We already have a choice of two - Alicante or St Javier. This would give us a third option. I wont be holding my breath though!

Like 0      
02 Sep 2008 11:02 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
You'll go blue if you do!

Like 0      
03 Sep 2008 10:40 AM by pkl Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

someone has just come back from corvera and says there are now signs of the a30 showing the way for the workers,and i believe work started(earthworks)last month,pkl

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 7:29 PM by pijon Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Can anyone confirm if any work has started on the Corvera site or indeed if sign posts have been put up for workers.

Seems some people are getting confused  on this thread between Corvera and Castellon Airports.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 8:25 AM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
No idea, but I imagine they'll put work on hold anyway to see if they are going to have any airlines left to fly into it when finished!

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 9:11 PM by pijon Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Have lifted this post off another forum:-

With ref to the new airport we went to the site last week and by accident drove onto the foundations of the run way. A number of builders site office units were being placed into postion and some services connected. We also saw three large cranes moving items around the top end of the site. Its all looking encouraging for a 2010 opening.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2008 4:15 PM by jogary Star rating in UK. 193 posts Send private message

jogary´s avatar
Went to have a look at the site a couple of weeks ago.

The entrance to the site is about midway between the small country road connecting Corvera to Valadolises. 

If you look on Google Earth, you can see that country road but it's not that up to date so you cant see any works.

The area is huge and dead flat so you can see why they picked it!

There are about 3 or 4 cranes but rows and rows of site huts and earthworks have started. It looks like they only started recently but it's definately begun.

Regards

This message was last edited by jogary on 10/9/2008.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2008 10:20 PM by pijon Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look when I'm next over at xmas.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2009 4:53 PM by 19th hole Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Has anybody seen or been past the new airport site lately and can supply an update of work?

Like 0      
24 Apr 2009 5:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

04 May 2009 9:38 AM by nerak3010 Star rating in Bracknell/was Finca .... 52 posts Send private message

nerak3010´s avatar

HI Everyone,

Thanks for the link to the update Morerosado, we are going out in August so will have to have a look at we can see and hopefully take some photo's.

Karen

Like 0      
27 Nov 2009 2:32 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

More updates re Corvera airport, given rumours of finance problems, see here

http://www.simplynetworking.es/news_further.php?id=1731&top_id=31

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 11:00 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Further updates

http://www.simplynetworking.es/news-2083-31-corvera_airport_-_opening_now_projected_for_september__october_2011.html

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car rental - 62 posts
Dont Panic - 69 posts
Paths on our complex - 1 posts
Missing Posting - Janice (Jeansis) - 3 posts
Maddie - 2 posts
aguas nuevas altos del sol - 1 posts
Bristol to Paris with Air France just launched from 11th June. - 0 posts
UK Estate Agents! - 8 posts
jet ski for sale. - 1 posts
How to buy property in Spain - 2 posts
Any Electricians (or Electricistas) On The Forum? - 11 posts
snagging - 8 posts
Transporting Pets to Spain - 14 posts
Licences - 6 posts
Crazy or wot ?? - 2 posts
Miraflores contact? - 0 posts
Where can I keep a jet ski? - 13 posts
parador properties entregolf area - 3 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL ELVIRIA DISTRICT - 0 posts
Aldea Beach Manilva - 1 posts
Macro - 9 posts
Madeleine McCann, aged 3, abducted in Portugal - 136 posts
Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 96

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x