UK Passport application

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Can anyone tell me if I need to go through the rigmarole of getting a foto countersigned, when it is a straightforward renewal of a 10 year one and my appearance has not changed that much!

I am aware the Passport  renewal should be done in Spain now, but to find a suitable person with the necessary qualifications, who speaks English could be a nightmare!!

pilgrim

Like 0      
22 Sep 2010 9:59 PM by johnwspooner Star rating in Sucina, Murcia and N.... 14 posts Send private message

johnwspooner´s avatar

Not me personally, but have you any idea how many people have undergone plastic surgery in the last 10 years since you last re-newed your passport, and i do not mean just glamour models. 

The rules were not designed for Mr normal, average guy in the street, like most of us in the majority are.

Come on, you must know someone in authority who can vouch you are the real you. Local policeman, magistrate, mayor, doctor, solicitor, anyone basically in an authorised position. It cannot be that hard surely. 

Or failing that, ask your local "Billy the Burglar"  or "Dougy the Druggy" how he does it.      

Like 0      
22 Sep 2010 10:00 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

A staff member at your local bank will also be sufficient (try to get them to stamp it as well).

Mark

Like 0      
23 Sep 2010 12:46 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Pilgrim

I  just sent my passport off to be renewed last week.  Because it was a straightforward renewal, I did not need to get either the form or the photographs signed by anyone else.

I don't know if the same applies if you renew in Spain but you would think that the procedure should be the same.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2010 3:32 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Pilgrim...

Heres chapter and verse on renewing passports when in Spain and Portugal...

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/iberia/applying-spain-portugal

Be sure to read the notes for form C1 concerning countersignatures and photo details...

You should also be aware that in true UK tradition this is an extremely expensive operation...161€ + delivery fees.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
23 Sep 2010 1:52 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

It is ridulous that we need to have form and photo countersigned just because we happen to live in Spain. I sent an email to the consulate re the apparent discrimination but never even got an acknowledgement.

I know we can get the form countersigned here but it should be the same rules whether we are renewing in Spain or UK.

Jean

Like 0      
24 Sep 2010 1:38 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

ayrez;

Couldnt agree more! Just another brick in the wall of control that the UK seems to delight in. lets make life as difficult as we can for as many as we can.

People knock the level of Spanish beaurocracy but the Brits are the Masters of the Game...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ryder cup weekend - 1 posts
BT in Spain! - 11 posts
Entertainer & professional Male Singer - 0 posts
Judge criticizes Polaris contracts - 2 posts
UK Resident - 4 posts
Jet Ski - 5 posts
Space - 0 posts
Van, Bike , Truck , Bouncy Castles , Rapid7 Air Rifle MK1 - 1 posts
Boxer Pups for sale - 0 posts
Family Book - 4 posts
Storage room wanted in Sabinillas Area - 0 posts
Introduction - 3 posts
Community Vs Mancomunidad - 2 posts
Authorities say I 'underdeclared' 3600Euros! - 11 posts
Denuncia - 1 posts
Telefonica/Movistar BILLS - 2 posts
Can I pay the IBI online - 3 posts
Advice on REMOVAL OF STAIN on AWNING - 4 posts
Plumber around Los Barrios - 1 posts
Theft from luggage at Alicante airport - 4 posts
We love our apartment on Terraces! - 3 posts
Hi.. Can anyone help? - 4 posts
Legal tip 345. Won case on balance of penalties: good for consumer oriented Judge in Totana 20 September 2010 @ 11:57 We have just received today a Court decission in favour of our client. We claim for the balance of the penalty clause. Polaris wanted to - 1 posts
Courier service required. - 4 posts
Rotary clothes dryer. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x