Theft from luggage at Alicante airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by hewood Star rating in Kerry ,Ireland. 13 posts Send private message

I have returned home this evening to find that cigarettes were removed from my luggage  at Alicante airport, presumeably by the people who handle the luggage at the airport. I would like to know if this is a once off occurence or is it an ongoing problem?Only 1 carton out of 3 was removed.

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 2:25 AM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

I know of someone who had a packet  (10 pouches) of tobacco taken at Alicante in exactly the same way.Best to bring it back in your hand luggage.

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 9:43 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

While i sympathise with anyone who has anything stolen  I wonder how you know it is Alicante airport?  As it always takes two airports to handle the luggage.  

I think  this is one of the problems as the perpetrator knows it is hard to trace due to the problem in ascertaining where the theft occurred.

It may well be Alicante but i think it harsh to blame it when we cannot be sure.

This message was last edited by TP1 on 21/09/2010.

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 10:25 AM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Did you not have a lock on your luggage??

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 12:28 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Unfortunately its all too easy to break into locked zipped luggage and not leave a trace...have a look at this video....

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

We love our apartment on Terraces! - 3 posts
Hi.. Can anyone help? - 4 posts
Legal tip 345. Won case on balance of penalties: good for consumer oriented Judge in Totana 20 September 2010 @ 11:57 We have just received today a Court decission in favour of our client. We claim for the balance of the penalty clause. Polaris wanted to - 1 posts
Courier service required. - 4 posts
Rotary clothes dryer. - 1 posts
What are my rights - 26 posts
food in cabin bags - 11 posts
For Justin! - 5 posts
Any remortgage deals on offer ? - 4 posts
Cambank difficult to deal with - 3 posts
NEW DEPARTMENT STORES ON LAND NEAR LA ZENIA N332 TOLL ANY ONE NO WHEN - 3 posts
British Special Needs Schools in Granada - 3 posts
Ford Fiesta - UK reg - Taxed & MOT - 4 posts
Moto GP - 11 posts
carravans in spain - 1 posts
Puente 11 Calahonda - 0 posts
When do minutes become legal - 9 posts
AMMEX ADMINISTRATORS IN SABINILLAS - 12 posts
Fish Market in San Pedro - 0 posts
Moving to Murcia area Jan 2011 - 2 posts
we will be off in 3 weeks and we carnt wait! - 3 posts
We are moving to Hondon mid next year - 7 posts
Any Suggestion or Help on How to Deal with This Lawyer - 11 posts
Jokes - 27 posts
DoYouSpain appear to price match! - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x