Family Book

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by Eloy Star rating in London . UK. 10 posts Send private message

Can anyone help with a good spanish lawyer in London that would deal with my problem, cost is not much important as I have legal fees included in my Insurance.  My wife who is Filipino and I  married in London in April 2010, she is legal in UK and we decided to apply for a Family Book in the Spanish Consulate in London so that our marriage is recognised in Spain , after filling all the forms and provide all the documents required, we were notified by the family division in the consulate that the consul wanted to interview me and my wife, after several months wait to be given an appointment we were eventually interviewed separately by the consul in the morning and three hours later we get a call at home by the family division that the request for the family book had been denied , I asked why , and the lady told me that some of the questions that the consul had put to my wife had not been answered correctly , I explained that we just wanted to register our marriage and that my wife was legal in the UK and we had no interest in anything else but the Lady could not help. . I wonder if this was a case for a qualified lawyer to take and write to the consul and take the matter further if it was necessary.  

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 6:08 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

The refusal needs to be comunicated to you ion written with the reasons and appeals available. I would start by asking for this.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 7:26 PM by Eloy Star rating in London . UK. 10 posts Send private message

Many Thanks for your kind reply Maria, I will start by taking your advise. Are you based in Spain ?

Regards

Eloy

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 9:00 PM by Tumbit Star rating in Costa Blanca. 71 posts Send private message

Tumbit´s avatar

That's Interesting to hear !  My partner and I had a daughter here 3 years ago. We are UK Citizens but have been legally resident and working here in Spain for 5 years. We registered the birth with our local town hall but were refused a Family Book because we are not married. It caused a few problems and raised eyebrows when trying to regsiter her at school !

Like 0      
22 Sep 2010 12:41 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Try Manuel Martin & Associates

He is a dual qualified lawyer and also an english notary public based in London.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Storage room wanted in Sabinillas Area - 0 posts
Introduction - 3 posts
Community Vs Mancomunidad - 2 posts
Authorities say I 'underdeclared' 3600Euros! - 11 posts
Denuncia - 1 posts
Telefonica/Movistar BILLS - 2 posts
Can I pay the IBI online - 3 posts
Advice on REMOVAL OF STAIN on AWNING - 4 posts
Plumber around Los Barrios - 1 posts
Theft from luggage at Alicante airport - 4 posts
We love our apartment on Terraces! - 3 posts
Hi.. Can anyone help? - 4 posts
Legal tip 345. Won case on balance of penalties: good for consumer oriented Judge in Totana 20 September 2010 @ 11:57 We have just received today a Court decission in favour of our client. We claim for the balance of the penalty clause. Polaris wanted to - 1 posts
Courier service required. - 4 posts
Rotary clothes dryer. - 1 posts
What are my rights - 26 posts
food in cabin bags - 11 posts
For Justin! - 5 posts
Any remortgage deals on offer ? - 4 posts
Cambank difficult to deal with - 3 posts
NEW DEPARTMENT STORES ON LAND NEAR LA ZENIA N332 TOLL ANY ONE NO WHEN - 3 posts
British Special Needs Schools in Granada - 3 posts
Ford Fiesta - UK reg - Taxed & MOT - 4 posts
Moto GP - 11 posts
carravans in spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x