Hi.. Can anyone help?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by riverheadtim Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me.. My family and I are going to take a long holiday (6 months) in Spain from May next year and will be wanting to rent a 3/4 bedroomed property for that period. We are thinking of Javea/Denia region.

We are pretty much going to be doing it on a tight budget (up to around 750 euro per month for rent) and I would really appreciate any advice or tips from anyone with experience, initially on the most efficient and safe way of locating and securing a property. I have looked online, but the information seems generally quite vague..

I would really appreciate some pointers if anyone can help.

Thanks!

Tim

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 2:42 AM by COSMO Star rating in Gateshead and Costa.... 46 posts Send private message

Hi Tim,

Have a look at OPI Rentals. We used them last year  to have a look around Javea, can`t remember the girls name but she was very helpful.We eventually decided to live further down the coast in Polop and we rent through the OPI office in Alfaz Del Pi.We`ve been here since June 2009 and have had no problems.

Good Luck.

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 11:17 AM by Tumbit Star rating in Costa Blanca. 71 posts Send private message

Tumbit´s avatar

Whilst there are distinct advantages to renting through an Agency, you need to be prepared for the fact that they are in business as a middle man to make profit, and as such you may find that you get a much better deal by looking for a private landlord.

There are many of them about in these areas that are either English, or speak a good standard of English, and as long as you insist on a fully legal contract, written in both English and Spanish and veryfied by a Lawyer on your behalf you should be fine.

Javea in particular is in quite a lot of demand for this kind of rental, and you may find that your money goes much further if you are prepared to look just a few miles further afield to places like  Gata, Jesus Pobre, La Sella , La Xara, Benitachell etc...  still only about 15 mins from The Coast but with a slightly more Spanish feel to it, and where a 750 Euros per month budget will go much, much further.

Here are just a few things that you need to consider whenrenting a property in Spain

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 6:34 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Riverheadtim:

My golden advise when renting is to submitt the contract to arbitration rather than Courts and to not rely of samples unless you fully understand the meaning and implications of every clause.

You can find information about rentals bu clicking on here

Best regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Sep 2010 10:29 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Can you help? In the uk we can issue winding up orders is there such a thing in Spain?  We (our complex) have a longstanding claim going on with a Spanish company and in our opinion it does not seem to be going anywhere so before we pass our comments to our President we would like some info on Winding up petitions if anybody would be good enough to let us know.

Jojan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Legal tip 345. Won case on balance of penalties: good for consumer oriented Judge in Totana 20 September 2010 @ 11:57 We have just received today a Court decission in favour of our client. We claim for the balance of the penalty clause. Polaris wanted to - 1 posts
Courier service required. - 4 posts
Rotary clothes dryer. - 1 posts
What are my rights - 26 posts
food in cabin bags - 11 posts
For Justin! - 5 posts
Any remortgage deals on offer ? - 4 posts
Cambank difficult to deal with - 3 posts
NEW DEPARTMENT STORES ON LAND NEAR LA ZENIA N332 TOLL ANY ONE NO WHEN - 3 posts
British Special Needs Schools in Granada - 3 posts
Ford Fiesta - UK reg - Taxed & MOT - 4 posts
Moto GP - 11 posts
carravans in spain - 1 posts
Puente 11 Calahonda - 0 posts
When do minutes become legal - 9 posts
AMMEX ADMINISTRATORS IN SABINILLAS - 12 posts
Fish Market in San Pedro - 0 posts
Moving to Murcia area Jan 2011 - 2 posts
we will be off in 3 weeks and we carnt wait! - 3 posts
We are moving to Hondon mid next year - 7 posts
Any Suggestion or Help on How to Deal with This Lawyer - 11 posts
Jokes - 27 posts
DoYouSpain appear to price match! - 6 posts
swimming pool fences in winter - 9 posts
Skype phone - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x