swimming pool fences in winter

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by rosemariestavert Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Is it law in Spain that Community swimming pools have to be fenced in by 5 foot fences during the winter months.  I have never seen this happen anywhere but it is being brought up as a necessity on my community.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2010 8:26 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

I've never seen one around here that isn't fenced & with a locked gate . Yes , it's the law because the community is liable if someone drowns, even if it's a burglar. The same applies to houses ,even if they are fenced & gated  , you still have to have a separate wall/fence around your pool with gates that are designed to close automatically & not  able to be opened by a child.

P.s. sorry they are meant to be fenced / gated all year round.

This message was last edited by guslopez on 17/09/2010.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2010 12:30 AM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

There are two swimming pools on my community - one for children and one for adults.  Neither of them are fenced in or ever have been.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
18 Sep 2010 10:04 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

I thought community pools only had to be fenced when the community had over a certain number of properties. I think most pools are gated and locked to keep out non-residents.

I am also not aware of any law requiring fencing of private pools. I know of no private pools with fencing in this area. Is it a Lorca bye law?

Jean

Like 0      
18 Sep 2010 10:55 AM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

I'm not well up with any of the bye laws!  However, our community has 60 houses.  About half of these houses surround the pools on all four sides.   There are three low pedistrian access gates, at different points, into the community (each with a big notice which says PRIVATE on it) the gates themselves are not locked and so, in effect, anyone could walk into the community.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
18 Sep 2010 11:18 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

I am not well up on bye laws either Abbb1 . Our community of about 65 properties has no fencing at all and neither does our pool at home.

I just wondered if the law was different in Lorca.

Jean

Like 0      
18 Sep 2010 5:17 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi, I am sure Guslopez is correct on our community there is a fence with gate and padlock (although I think just to keep out the non residents)  if you have no gate and fence then all owners of the properties become liable.

You could always check with the community insurers as to what the requirments should be around the pool.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 1:04 PM by rosemariestavert Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

thanks all, it seems that either communities don't understand what is required or they are ignoring it. 

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 1:33 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

There are no regulations on swimming pools having safety fences on the Costa Blanca on in Andalucia

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
08 Dec 2011 4:04 PM by aguaspan Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have a pool fencing business here in spain, I don't believe there are any legal requirements to have a pool fence, but they are a very good idea.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Skype phone - 2 posts
Fuengirola - Feenix Furniture and Imperial Furniture - 3 posts
Decode -alicante car hire - 4 posts
Costs and charges for selling property? - 25 posts
Paramount in Murcia- any opinions? - 10 posts
English teacher for 6 & 8 year old - 0 posts
Very dissapointed in Marks and Spencers..... - 2 posts
SHADE SAIL FOR SALE! - 0 posts
best place to find expats - 13 posts
Market at the racecourse - 0 posts
Studio apartment - Calahonda - how much?? - 3 posts
WANT TO MOVE TO SPAIN BUT ON MEDICATION FOR RA - ON CLINICAL TRIAL - 7 posts
What do we really think about Spanish estate agents? - 19 posts
Car wanted - 3 posts
No ADSL cable - what option for internet connection? - 18 posts
Please, be on the look out for this man......... - 7 posts
CAN'T LOG IN ON OTHER COMPUTER - 23 posts
Wording English Classes Ad, What Charge ? - 2 posts
Best Spanish Bank for UK residents - 36 posts
Certificate of Habitation - 14 posts
Endessa-ICP Issues - 7 posts
Is there an Insurance Ombudsman? - 14 posts
MERCEDEZ-BENZ C220 2004 MODEL - 2 posts
Who has first claim? - 6 posts
Immigrants Poem - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x