DoYouSpain appear to price match!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I made my reservation with DYS for 11- 15 October some months ago. The price originally was around 80€. Two weeks ago (as I usually do) I checked the price again to find it had gone down by 20€, good news for me , so amended the booking. I then checked another agent I have looked at in the past and I got it for 45€ (all quotes from both companies have placed me with Auriga Crown), excellent , so contacted DYS to cancel the booking stating my reason for cancellation.  Now, DYS are not very good at corresponding with customers and they can be a nightmare to get a hold of, however...... Email today asking for my new booking details so that they can price match and offer me a better price!!!!

I await the outcome with great interest to see what they can do for me. How things have changed from the heady summer time charging rates!!!!

Mark 

Like 0      
17 Sep 2010 4:14 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The result is in. Drum roll please...........................

43€!! Not the hugest of beaten prices, but the current price on their website is for 50€. Any saving is a saving, so i'll graciously accept it .

Mark

Like 0      
29 Sep 2010 3:48 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Mark - I,ve just booked through DYS for Oct & got Auriga. Haven't been with Auriga for some time so just after some feedback. Do they still charge this 300 euro ins excess on credit card & is this something I should be wary of (have paid for the extra ins in the past to avoid this as was deeply suspicious). Also it says on DYS website that the price includes 1 free additional driver but the rental form says that additional drivers are extra - any ideas?? I,ve emailed DYS but no reply so far.

Like 0      
29 Sep 2010 4:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I haven't used Auriga for some time as I haven't been to Spain since April . I believe they do still levy the 300€ if you don't take their 2€ day insurance (which I do as I only go for a few days at a time), so it isn't an issue for me. As I have used them previously, all of my details are usually already filled in, including my extra driver.

Mark

Like 0      
29 Sep 2010 4:06 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

That was a quick reply Mark  thank you!

Do they charge you for the additional driver??

Like 0      
29 Sep 2010 4:45 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Never have been before. I even got 1/2 1/2 out of them last time as they didn't have time to go to the garage!!

Mrk

Like 0      
29 Sep 2010 7:03 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

OK thanks - you obviously have more charm then me as I get charged for everything LOL 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

swimming pool fences in winter - 9 posts
Skype phone - 2 posts
Fuengirola - Feenix Furniture and Imperial Furniture - 3 posts
Decode -alicante car hire - 4 posts
Costs and charges for selling property? - 25 posts
Paramount in Murcia- any opinions? - 10 posts
English teacher for 6 & 8 year old - 0 posts
Very dissapointed in Marks and Spencers..... - 2 posts
SHADE SAIL FOR SALE! - 0 posts
best place to find expats - 13 posts
Market at the racecourse - 0 posts
Studio apartment - Calahonda - how much?? - 3 posts
WANT TO MOVE TO SPAIN BUT ON MEDICATION FOR RA - ON CLINICAL TRIAL - 7 posts
What do we really think about Spanish estate agents? - 19 posts
Car wanted - 3 posts
No ADSL cable - what option for internet connection? - 18 posts
Please, be on the look out for this man......... - 7 posts
CAN'T LOG IN ON OTHER COMPUTER - 23 posts
Wording English Classes Ad, What Charge ? - 2 posts
Best Spanish Bank for UK residents - 36 posts
Certificate of Habitation - 14 posts
Endessa-ICP Issues - 7 posts
Is there an Insurance Ombudsman? - 14 posts
MERCEDEZ-BENZ C220 2004 MODEL - 2 posts
Who has first claim? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x