Moto GP

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

just watched the moto gp from the new circuit at arragon and must say i was very impressed and the locals must have benifitted from all the visitors to the area,anyone else see it looks like a lot of cash has been invested

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 10:34 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Unfortunately I missed it!  Moto GP is huge in Spain, the Spanish seem to be fanatical about their motorbikes.

Glad to hear Stoner won though, I really like him.

It's been an interesting season so far so will try and catch the next few races!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 10:12 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Justin

the modern bullfighters perhaps?.  Excitement, bravery and extreme danger. No wonder it's popular in Spain, and without the cruelty to animals!

Like 0      
21 Sep 2010 2:46 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Motogp was brilliant. The circuit is very technical and exciting.  Stoner did well, Lorenzo a little miffed.  I am just wondering what is going to happen next season when Rossi is on the Ducati !!! that should be very interesting.

Well done Spain for the circuit though I believe it was designed by a German.

Chrissie   

Like 0      
24 Sep 2010 12:50 AM by jackamo Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Easy, next season Ducati will spend a record amount of money on development that will make McLaren look like paupers.

Rossi (The Doctor) will win the Championship, a National holiday will be declared in Italy and he will be summoned by the Pope to be declared a Saint.

In fact he might be made Pope!

Ducati will produce a Rossi Replica in 24 carat gold plate or in solid gold for the Dubai Dealerships. 

He's the best thing thats happened to motorcycle racing since Bazza Sheene.

Howay the Lads

Like 0      
24 Sep 2010 7:58 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

jackamo

yes, should be good, a really close season I think?. I'm still amazed the Ducati's are staying in one piece!!

Like 0      
24 Sep 2010 2:40 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

i think ducati will be playing catch up to honda for the 1st couple of rounds,honda have been developing that bike all year and its getting better and better,with stoner joining next year they are going to be a force for sure.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2010 3:31 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

yes, i would think Honda are not at all happy about their standing in moto GP's in recent years. Looks like they have finally got a bike that can win with the right rider?. I can't see any of them running away with it though, should be really good.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2010 4:01 PM by jackamo Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

A major issue for next year is Rossi's fitness which, as we all know, is currently well below par.

His impending shoulder operation will be vital for his performance next season.

We all want to see the best racing, and it promises to be very close, but Rossi at full fitness on a Ducati will be awsome - remember Rossi/Stoner at Laguna Seca !! It couldnt get better than that, could it?

Dont forget the incredible performance of the British lads in WSB; there are lots of Union Jacks in the results and most of them are near the top.

Takes your breath away....

Like 0      
24 Sep 2010 5:51 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

yes, good point. How good would it be to see a British lad win a moto GP on a british bike one day?  I think we have the skills for both if someone wanted it bad enough to back it.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2010 7:09 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

with carl crutchlow going to moto gp a british rider winning a race is at least now a possability.thought haslam was going to win wsb this year but that pesky little roman has been so good on the aprilla.Scott Redding is getting better and showing good speed in moto2 hopefully the crash in which he and de angelis hit shoya leading to his death will not have any lasting effect on him,

Like 0      
25 Sep 2010 3:41 PM by jackamo Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Yes, Cal Crutchlow has surpassed expectations in WSB this year and I think in Moto GP riding for Tech 3 Yamaha, with Colin Edwards as team mate, he could provide a few more surprises next year.

Having said that the transfer from one to the other doesnt always go as well as would be expected i.e. James Toesland and Ben Spies.

Scott Redding is getting better all the time and hopefully he will be at the front next season. 

Taking nothing away from Biaggi, who is brilliant, but Leon Haslam did have a big slice of bad luck this year!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

carravans in spain - 1 posts
Puente 11 Calahonda - 0 posts
When do minutes become legal - 9 posts
AMMEX ADMINISTRATORS IN SABINILLAS - 12 posts
Fish Market in San Pedro - 0 posts
Moving to Murcia area Jan 2011 - 2 posts
we will be off in 3 weeks and we carnt wait! - 3 posts
We are moving to Hondon mid next year - 7 posts
Any Suggestion or Help on How to Deal with This Lawyer - 11 posts
Jokes - 27 posts
DoYouSpain appear to price match! - 6 posts
swimming pool fences in winter - 9 posts
Skype phone - 2 posts
Fuengirola - Feenix Furniture and Imperial Furniture - 3 posts
Decode -alicante car hire - 4 posts
Costs and charges for selling property? - 25 posts
Paramount in Murcia- any opinions? - 10 posts
English teacher for 6 & 8 year old - 0 posts
Very dissapointed in Marks and Spencers..... - 2 posts
SHADE SAIL FOR SALE! - 0 posts
best place to find expats - 13 posts
Market at the racecourse - 0 posts
Studio apartment - Calahonda - how much?? - 3 posts
WANT TO MOVE TO SPAIN BUT ON MEDICATION FOR RA - ON CLINICAL TRIAL - 7 posts
What do we really think about Spanish estate agents? - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x