Moving to Murcia area Jan 2011

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by cal71 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hola all!

I am moving out to live in Spain in January 2011,and just wanted to ask any of you kind folks what payments have to be made in regards to council tax and utilities etc?I am living in a rented villa,also,can i run and register a car in spain if i am there for less than 180 days per year?Gracias in advance for any answers

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 10:21 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hello and welcome to Eye on Spain.

Council tax is known as "IBI" here and is payable every year.  Every area and property has a different rate so you need to check what this would be for your property.  If you are going to be renting then this is normally paid by your landlord.

I have heard some people say that you can't buy a car here unless you are resident but I'm not sure that's correct.  Although maybe someone else will pop in and verify this here.

Best of luck with your move.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 11:17 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hello there

Welcome to the forum. We live in Murcia , near Fuente Alamo and Mazarron. Where are you moving to?

As Justin says the IBI will depend on where you live but I would also think the lanlord will pay it.

We have a 3 bedroom house and for our electricity we pay on average 85 euros per month. We get a monthly bill and the meter is read every 2 months.

The water bills vary, for our main house the highest bill we have had is 100 euros per quarter and this includes the fees for rubbish collection. The average is approx 60 Euros per quarter. We also own a townhouse in Villamartin and the bills are always 100 euros per quarter even though we hardly use any water at all. Perhaps, again, it is a matter of area.

We use mobile phones PAYG (as we cannot get a lanline out here in the country) and the calls are just over 7 cents per min for Spanish landlines  and just over 5 cents per minute to UK landlines. The charges are higher to mobile phones but cannot remember the cost.There is a connection charge but it is not much. We usually spend roughly 10 euros per month but to be honest do not use it much.

We also have oil fired central heating and last year that cost us 400Euro  to fill the empty tank and we still have some left.

We have satellite internet and telephone also and this costs 29.99 per month but do not know installation fees.

We bought our first car without being resident but that was almost 6 years ago and things may have changed.

Cannot think of anything else at the moment but if you need any more info. Just ask.

Jean

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

we will be off in 3 weeks and we carnt wait! - 3 posts
We are moving to Hondon mid next year - 7 posts
Any Suggestion or Help on How to Deal with This Lawyer - 11 posts
Jokes - 27 posts
DoYouSpain appear to price match! - 6 posts
swimming pool fences in winter - 9 posts
Skype phone - 2 posts
Fuengirola - Feenix Furniture and Imperial Furniture - 3 posts
Decode -alicante car hire - 4 posts
Costs and charges for selling property? - 25 posts
Paramount in Murcia- any opinions? - 10 posts
English teacher for 6 & 8 year old - 0 posts
Very dissapointed in Marks and Spencers..... - 2 posts
SHADE SAIL FOR SALE! - 0 posts
best place to find expats - 13 posts
Market at the racecourse - 0 posts
Studio apartment - Calahonda - how much?? - 3 posts
WANT TO MOVE TO SPAIN BUT ON MEDICATION FOR RA - ON CLINICAL TRIAL - 7 posts
What do we really think about Spanish estate agents? - 19 posts
Car wanted - 3 posts
No ADSL cable - what option for internet connection? - 18 posts
Please, be on the look out for this man......... - 7 posts
CAN'T LOG IN ON OTHER COMPUTER - 23 posts
Wording English Classes Ad, What Charge ? - 2 posts
Best Spanish Bank for UK residents - 36 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x