Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by deniseann Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Hi

New to this site

I have Rheumatoid arthritis and am currently halfway through a 2 year trial for a new drug

Having soon having to vacate my rented house due to its sale, I would like to take this opportunity to move to Spain

My problem is I have 17 and 20 year old sons who want to stay here and a 12 year old who wants to come with me

Also my main worry is medication - how easy is it to get onto a similar trial in Spain? 

thanks for any advice

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 3:58 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi and welcome to Eye on Spain.

That's a tricky question and unless someone on here has also been involved with a clinical trial I'm not sure you're really going to find an answer to this.

Have you spoken to your doctor who is doing your trial to see if it could be transferred to a hospital in Spain?  I assume they would have to check to see if a hospital in Spain is carrying out the same trial.

Also, how often do you have to visit your doctor?  Could you move here and go back whenever you need to to either get the next dose of medicine or something like that?

Sorry not been much help.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 10:21 PM by deniseann Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

my treatment is once a month

that may be an answer but once I move to Spain do I have to be resident or can I stay a UK resident for a while as this is a 2 year trial

Like 0      
17 Sep 2010 7:55 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
You are supposed to become resident after 6 months. However, i know it's not right but many expats here still have an address in Uk and have not officially become resident in Spain.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Sep 2010 9:54 AM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi Deniseann,

In your first post you did say that you were half way through a 2 year trial, so there is 1 year left, I dont no how soon you have to vacate your home, you could always try and ring Newcastles overseas department and see what information they can give you but DO NOT give them your name you are enquiring for some one else.

As Justin said 6 months.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2010 12:25 PM by deniseann Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

thanks

the house is being sold approximately next may so it may work out around the same time as I finish the trial

will do as you suggest Goldie

Like 0      
17 Sep 2010 2:08 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Your welcome hope every thing works out well for you,

Like 0      
17 Sep 2010 2:13 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Best of luck with it, let us know how you get on.

Justin

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What do we really think about Spanish estate agents? - 19 posts
Car wanted - 3 posts
No ADSL cable - what option for internet connection? - 18 posts
Please, be on the look out for this man......... - 7 posts
CAN'T LOG IN ON OTHER COMPUTER - 23 posts
Wording English Classes Ad, What Charge ? - 2 posts
Best Spanish Bank for UK residents - 36 posts
Certificate of Habitation - 14 posts
Endessa-ICP Issues - 7 posts
Is there an Insurance Ombudsman? - 14 posts
MERCEDEZ-BENZ C220 2004 MODEL - 2 posts
Who has first claim? - 6 posts
Immigrants Poem - 1 posts
banco popular English site gone? - 9 posts
Yacom message retrieval. No Spanish, What Numbers to push ? - 0 posts
permission to change windows on a listed property - 5 posts
Demanda Embargo - 2 posts
Suitcases - 0 posts
Happy in Spain again - 5 posts
Easyjet Luton to ALicante - 2 posts
Internet Business - 3 posts
Where's the INSS in Estepona - 4 posts
Jet2 Winter flights back on again Newcastle to Murcia - 1 posts
calahonda solicitor registry fees and notair fees for a 3 bed apartment - 3 posts
calahonda electrician - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x