Fuengirola - Feenix Furniture and Imperial Furniture

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I have heard some complaints that Feenix are not honoring deposits paid to Imperial unless the deposit was small and the amount being spent large (ie deposit  = 10% of total spend etc).

I don't know exactly what happened except before the summer Imperial closed and moved 2 units down the road and re-opened as Feenix Furniture but still drive the same Imperial Furniture vans around. Still seem to be the same people there but they say Imperial went into the Spanish equivalent of liquidation and Feenix is a totally new company and has nothing whatsoever to do with Imperial - ok similar yellow coloiring! I have not been able to confirm this statement?

Any local knowledge would be appreciated or comments from anyone left holding worthless deposit notes etc

And at the same time a word of warning to anyone dealing with the many struggling furniture shops on the coast not to hand over cash deposits pending containers on the high seas and delivery etc. Pay on delivery only unless dealing with shops like El Corte Ingles or IKEA. If you really have to pay a deposit then possibly credit card and that might have some element of insurance should shop close before goods are delivered etc

Like 0      
17 Sep 2010 2:04 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Faro

Imperial still have a shop in La Canada although not the original large one on the groung floor, they now have a small outlet on the second floor. They also have a new banner website with basic info.

It's a shame if they are in trouble, they provided us with with first class service and good quality products.

http://www.imperialfurnituremarbella.es/contact.aspx

Like 0      
17 Sep 2010 2:35 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Team GB - you are a fountain of knowledge!

I think I shall dig a bit deeper and see just what is their trading status and also the relationship between their various shops.

Problem with these type of outfits that change their name overnight they don't like releasing company names or using it on stationery and prefer to use trading names to confuse the general public.

I do however have their CIF which is detailed as B-92137462 for the Fuengirola outlet - so a starting point would be to find out what CIF they are using in other outlets.

But anyone dealing with any of these outlets should excercise caution as they do seem to be on shaky ground and trying to downsize and operate from smaller units - that in itself should cause alarms bells to ring.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2012 1:49 PM by jamesellisllb Star rating in Newcastle upon Tyne. 35 posts Send private message

Hello Faro,

I was just browsing the site and came across your thread which I know this is now old; I just wondered how you got on trying to either have your deposit returned or have Feenix honour the deposit.

If Imperial did go into receivership and all or part (more than £100) was paid on a credit card you are protected under UK law but you have to prove to the credit card company that the business has actually closed down.

Kind Regards,

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Decode -alicante car hire - 4 posts
Costs and charges for selling property? - 25 posts
Paramount in Murcia- any opinions? - 10 posts
English teacher for 6 & 8 year old - 0 posts
Very dissapointed in Marks and Spencers..... - 2 posts
SHADE SAIL FOR SALE! - 0 posts
best place to find expats - 13 posts
Market at the racecourse - 0 posts
Studio apartment - Calahonda - how much?? - 3 posts
WANT TO MOVE TO SPAIN BUT ON MEDICATION FOR RA - ON CLINICAL TRIAL - 7 posts
What do we really think about Spanish estate agents? - 19 posts
Car wanted - 3 posts
No ADSL cable - what option for internet connection? - 18 posts
Please, be on the look out for this man......... - 7 posts
CAN'T LOG IN ON OTHER COMPUTER - 23 posts
Wording English Classes Ad, What Charge ? - 2 posts
Best Spanish Bank for UK residents - 36 posts
Certificate of Habitation - 14 posts
Endessa-ICP Issues - 7 posts
Is there an Insurance Ombudsman? - 14 posts
MERCEDEZ-BENZ C220 2004 MODEL - 2 posts
Who has first claim? - 6 posts
Immigrants Poem - 1 posts
banco popular English site gone? - 9 posts
Yacom message retrieval. No Spanish, What Numbers to push ? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x