CAN'T LOG IN ON OTHER COMPUTER

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Justin

I'm able to get in to EOS on one computer because I have a bookmark directly to the forums. However, I cannot log in on my laptop. Despite putting in the right login information the screen keeps taking me back to the log in.

I have tried sending messages to your technical email, but not had any response.

I believe that Karensun was/is having the same problem.

Please let me back, I promise to be good!!!

Irene

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 10:21 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Irene

I assume it's the latest version of Firefox that is causing your problems?

We are aware of the issue but to be honest, as we cannot seem to repicate the problem we are stuggling to identify what is causing it.

We will take another look at it today and see if we can finally understand what's going wrong.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 2:54 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Ironically, I'm using my husbands Apple Mac and accessing the internet via ... yes you've guessed it... FIREFOX. I tried accessing EOs via Google Chrome, but that didn't work either.

Irene

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 3:26 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Justin & Irene,

Just a quick thought:

Do you think it's because the laptop Irene is using is configured not to allow cookies?

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 6:29 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I checked the cookie thing with another user that can't log in but that didn't appear to help. It seems to be with the method we are using to drop the authentication cookie but still scratching my head on it!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 6:54 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Just logged in via Firefox 3.0.10 with no problems so will upgrade and let you know!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 7:18 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Just upgraded to Firefox 3.6.10 and logged in no problem!

Am using a PC running Windows Vista.

PS. Had a duce of a job upgrading via Firefox, as the d/l kept locking up my PC during the virus scan, so used Internet Explorer to d/l from the official site instead.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 7:43 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks mate.  It works fine for me too.

It seems to happen when someone accesses the site via a computer that they've not used before for EOS and are using the latest version of Firefox.

That's why it works for you and me!

Maybe I need to go out and buy a new PC just to test this out

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 7:45 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I'm not having any problem logging in with the latest Firefox 3.6.10 and am also using a Mac - just in case that helps at all

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 7:48 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Not really Pitby...it just makes me more confused

Justin

Like 0      
18 Sep 2010 10:55 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Irene

I have made a couple of changes in the log in code.

Can  you try again for me please?

In fact, before you do that can you clear any old cookies for Eye on Spain in Firefox?  Let me know if you need help doing this.

Thanks

Justin

Like 0      
18 Sep 2010 8:18 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I am soooooooooooo confused now!!

If I type EOS into Google you pop up with me logged in!

If I click onto the EOS logo on my google toolebar you pop up with me logged in!

BUT.................if I use my tab thingy on Firefox I cannot enter!!

Soooooooooo I need to know how to save theother two tab access thingys which I really need and get them on my Google tool bar then I can get rid of Firefox.

Answers in SIMPLE BLONDE TERMS PRETTY PLEASE ! ! !

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 10:17 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

You're certainly not the only one who's confused here

Firefox is a great browser so I wouldn't remove it if I was you although I don't know what you mean by "save the other two tab access thingys".  Sounds a bit technical to me

So I don't get it.  If you type "www.eyeonspain.com" into your browser, you're telling me you get to EOS but you are not logged in, but then if you come via Google you ARE logged in.

Is that right?

Justin

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 2:42 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Justin

Still can't log in on the laptop. I've checked and cookies are OK and EOS is definitely in my preferences.

Interesting eh!?

Irene

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 2:53 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Irene

Can you log in using Safari on the Mac?  If you can, then it's obviously something to do with the settings in Firefox.

Also, I know this sounds daft (but it has worked before with Firefox for me), but have you tried clearing the cache and then restarting Firefox?  (I'm sure you know that just using the red 'close' button at the top left doesn't actually quit the application, just keeps it in the dock.)

I'm sure you've already tried it, but thought it worth mentioning, just in case.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 3:20 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Right Justin....................if I type EOS on th Google I arrive at EOS LOGGED IN. If I click on the EOS logo on my Google tool bar I arrive at EOS LOGGED IN.

If I use my tab on Firefox I cannot log in. If I type EOS on the firefox page I cannot log in to EOS.

On the top of my firefox I have several 'tabs' one of which is EOS...............when I click on these it's supposed to open the appropriate web page....................IT DOES, but then EOS will not let me log in...................don't have that problem with any other 'tab' tho??

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 6:49 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Pitby, the problem is not logging in on the Mac, that works fine, its logging in on my brand spanking new Samsung laptop that´s the problem. However, what I have done is emailed myself a link from the Mac and I´m now typing this on my laptop. I´m going to replace the current tab and replace it with the one from the Mac.

Incidentally I use an identical version of Firefox on the Mac and the laptop.

Trouble is, I know if I want to log in again without using this link, it won´t work.

Irene

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 8:27 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Irene, sorry - I thought you were having trouble logging in from the Mac!  All very strange!  The joys of IT!

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 8:31 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

No problem. You were only trying to help!

Irene

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 10:36 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

This hasn't helped at all.  I am even more confused now.

I think I need to go out and buy a new PC and test this myself somehow.

Will keep plodding away at it, thanks for your patience.

Justin

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wording English Classes Ad, What Charge ? - 2 posts
Best Spanish Bank for UK residents - 36 posts
Certificate of Habitation - 14 posts
Endessa-ICP Issues - 7 posts
Is there an Insurance Ombudsman? - 14 posts
MERCEDEZ-BENZ C220 2004 MODEL - 2 posts
Who has first claim? - 6 posts
Immigrants Poem - 1 posts
banco popular English site gone? - 9 posts
Yacom message retrieval. No Spanish, What Numbers to push ? - 0 posts
permission to change windows on a listed property - 5 posts
Demanda Embargo - 2 posts
Suitcases - 0 posts
Happy in Spain again - 5 posts
Easyjet Luton to ALicante - 2 posts
Internet Business - 3 posts
Where's the INSS in Estepona - 4 posts
Jet2 Winter flights back on again Newcastle to Murcia - 1 posts
calahonda solicitor registry fees and notair fees for a 3 bed apartment - 3 posts
calahonda electrician - 1 posts
Car Repairs - 4 posts
lots of info needed about buying on camposol! - 82 posts
Paramount Theme Park in Murcia - 8 posts
Two injured during armed robbery at Carrefour in Estepona - 0 posts
They only flew to Barcelona & Mallorca but.... - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x