Wording English Classes Ad, What Charge ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by dotfur Star rating in New York, westcheste.... 12 posts Send private message

So, I'm just about to really get started to attempt to do this teaching conversational English thing. I'm 58 year old retired, USA, guy. Was a somewhat renowned "stage poet" most of my youth, Star (one of four) of one major motion picture , and have been an animal photographer -almost exclusively dogs) for the past five years: website name: dotfur.
 Trying to figure out exactly how to word my card or any postings in the classified sections of various websites. Does it matter if the advertisement is in Spanish? For instance, should " Private Classes Conversational English" also be something like, " Clases Particulares De Inglés Conversación ? " I've been told that mentioning that I'm an American from NYC. could help?
  What to charge per hour. My brother who has done this for years in Madrid told me that for a beginner like me 12 euros an hour might be reasonable?

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

Marty
(marty watt)

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 10:27 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Marty, welcome to Eye on Spain.  Nice to have a film star on here.  We actually have several famous people who use the site but I'm not allowed to say who they are!

With regards your question, I'm not sure what you actual question is.

Are you in Spain?  Are you hoping to teach English here in Spain?

I think the translation for the ad should be "Clases Particulares De Conversacón en Inglés".

Not sure if being an American will help but maybe there are those who prefer American English.  Could be a good USP.

I assume in Madrid they can charge more than down here on the coast where we are.  We have seen anywhere in the range from 10 - 20 Euros per hour.  It just depends how you market yourself.

Best of luck with it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 6:51 PM by dotfur Star rating in New York, westcheste.... 12 posts Send private message

Thank you so much.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Best Spanish Bank for UK residents - 36 posts
Certificate of Habitation - 14 posts
Endessa-ICP Issues - 7 posts
Is there an Insurance Ombudsman? - 14 posts
MERCEDEZ-BENZ C220 2004 MODEL - 2 posts
Who has first claim? - 6 posts
Immigrants Poem - 1 posts
banco popular English site gone? - 9 posts
Yacom message retrieval. No Spanish, What Numbers to push ? - 0 posts
permission to change windows on a listed property - 5 posts
Demanda Embargo - 2 posts
Suitcases - 0 posts
Happy in Spain again - 5 posts
Easyjet Luton to ALicante - 2 posts
Internet Business - 3 posts
Where's the INSS in Estepona - 4 posts
Jet2 Winter flights back on again Newcastle to Murcia - 1 posts
calahonda solicitor registry fees and notair fees for a 3 bed apartment - 3 posts
calahonda electrician - 1 posts
Car Repairs - 4 posts
lots of info needed about buying on camposol! - 82 posts
Paramount Theme Park in Murcia - 8 posts
Two injured during armed robbery at Carrefour in Estepona - 0 posts
They only flew to Barcelona & Mallorca but.... - 1 posts
Requirements to drive Motos in Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x